Patriots in London v. Bucs REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Patriots in London v. Bucs REPORT CARD

In Response to Re: Patriots in London v. Bucs REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE]oh yea by the way texaspat3, on your week 7 picks, you had the pats not covering the 15 point spread, i predicted they would, i was right. You had the giants beating the cardinals, with my upset pick, i chose the cardinals, i was right again. looks like your analysis AND predictions are below my caliber.
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

That does give me cause for concern...LOL!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Can someone please say why it is that so many college punters seem superior to their NFL counterparts.  Even mid-level college teams often have excellent punters.  The difference cannot be the rush at the pro level, because generally there isn't any to speak of, whereas in college, there often is a rush. 

Why should the top 25 college kickers be averaging between 49-43.4 yards and our guy about 40 or less.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Can someone please say why it is that so many college punters seem superior to their NFL counterparts.  Even mid-level college teams often have excellent punters.  The difference cannot be the rush at the pro level, because generally there isn't any to speak of, whereas in college, there often is a rush.  Why should the top 25 college kickers be averaging between 49-43.4 yards and our guy about 40 or less.
    Posted by jcappy[/QUOTE]

Amen. The Pats were able to replace Benedict Adam with Stephen Gostkowski. The Colts were able to replace long time punter Hunter Smith with 7th round draft choice, Pat McAfee.

Chris Hanson has morphed into another Ken Walter...who had more value as a holder than a punter. Its' time for a change.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots in London v. Bucs REPORT CARD :      That does give me cause for concern...LOL!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

lol well atleast your not a sore loser lol

lol your analysis is below average so are your predictions but atleast you can just laugh it off knowing you dont stand a chance battleing me in anything football related lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I would have given Brady a B, a couple of bad picks but some good throws also. As far as the defense goes, we'll see more over the next month. Right now they have given up the 3rd least amount of points in the NFL, with the other two ahead of them(Colts/broncos) playing one less game. Despite some obvious rough spots, thats not bad.
    Posted by CuzBobby[/QUOTE]

We'll have to agree to disagree about Brady. A redzone pick is a mortal sin for a QB. He continues to have problems throwing the ball deep. Tom himself would  probably tell you that he wasn't satisfied with his performance. 

As for the defense, the acid test is coming soon, in the form of Miami's wildcat, Peyton Manning and the unbeaten Colts, the Jets' rushing attack, and the Drew Brees show. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

If looking at the OL with regards to 1) Protect Brday in the passing game, 2) Pull to outside the hash to get out on front of the WR screen pass, 3) open hols in the traditional running game...the OL is doing a fairly good job. The stupid penalties are hard to take (flagrant fouls) but the holding calls IMO have turned into judgement calls and the OL have no ideas what will be called or not in any given game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Texas Pat, I thought Butler did a good job face guarding Bryant on that play.......perfect throw and Bryant actually caught it.........Asante Samuel wasn't going to stop that play..........

I think you are underselling the human aspect a little bit. Everyone on the planet knew the Patriots were going to win that game, most probably big. You don't think the Patriots knew it too? I think it is a little much to expect them to playing playing at a Super Bowl level of intensity in this game.

I would like to have seen Brady run vs throw that pick in the end zone.......I sincerely believe he doesn't throw that pick vs legitimate competition.......bad underthrow on the 2nd pick though........tended to agree with Phil Simms (though I hate to admit it because I loathe the guy) that the play was meant for Moss.....still a bad underthrow......

I think the point is that there was nothing that could happen in a game like this that could predict for us the balance of the Patriots season. The next 5 games will tell us what we need to know