Patriots In Need Of A Rb?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Latest/workout_watch_pats_to_visit_wyoming.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think it would be to get an understudy for Faulk. KR/3rd Down Back etc. He has the all purpose yrd and rushing yrd record at Wyoming. He rana 4.34 in the 40, adn did 28 reps. 187 lbs that is unique.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_9iM7c-RYo

He is a lot like kevin faulk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I would be very upset if Kevin Faulk didnt retire a Pat.

I agree we need SOME picks on D early in teh draft but its not like we need a complete overhaul. I would like to see us take a OT in round one to protect Bradys blind side until Brady hangs um up. And then spend a few picks on some LBs or D linemen/Olinemen. But in the later rounds i think Bill will just take the guys he wants forget about need. You cant draft for need after round 3 the talent just isnt there. So we should take the best players on the board regardless of where they play after round 3.

Do any of you think this kid could slip out of teh draft at all? I would love to sign him as a undrafted FA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from campp. Show campp's posts

while this kid seems to cut from the same cloth as kevin faulk...i really llike bejarvus green-ellis. he was like the 2nd all time leading back in yds gained at ole miss. he has a nose for the hole..not fast fast..but fast and strong like corey dillon. maybe that what BB wants sometime soon..a young tandem of white and green-ellis when morris, kevin faulk and fred taylor have to retire.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

How many Running Backs do you guys think will be on the roster? Right now there are five: Taylor, Maroney, Morris, Faulk and Green-Ellis. That's a lot! Even if one of the five doesn't make the grade or gets hurt and placed on IR, four RBs is still a large number. If the Patriots draft a running back, he's going to have one heck-of-a-time cracking the roster.
    I could see a more likely possibility of using a sixth or seventh round draft pick (or perhaps signing an undrafted rookie free agent) on a Full Back to bring into camp. While I don't believe a FB is necessarily in the plans for 2009 (because otherwise they would have re-signed Evans), this person would be a prime candidate for the Practice Squad. And if at some point during the season the Patriots thought that they could use a FB, well, they have one they could activate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

For those who know better than I do . . . what's the difference between Devin Moore and Antone Smith? They have almost identical size, speed, and strength, except I think Smith is slightly ahead in each category. 31 reps on the bench! Why isn't there a buzz surrounding him as well? I think Moore could go higher than expected because of all the publicity that he's generated, but I'd be happy with either Moore or Smith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fbFCU4zHiY

Great balance, toughness, and pass-catching abilities. To me, he's just begging for a spotlight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WoburnPaulie. Show WoburnPaulie's posts

God I love this team's chances thise year, And I love your passion as fans. I've always respected MVP's responses especially. I can't lie. I am still hating the Giants lucky win over us and I KNOW this will be our redemption year!!! I am looking fwd to the draft because I think/hope some magic is going to happen. We already know magic will happen this year because Brady is back and at the VERY LEAST we will be entertained in the positive each and every sunday of the season. The Jets are going to get an absolute beating both times we play them I'm sure of that...Miami? It still bothers me that Brady doesn't play well down there...but maybe this year he'll break out of that fish malaise...mmmmm fish malaise

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Paulie, please don't say "fish malaise" anymore.

It sounds like something you get from a French hooker.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agree anything to make Maroney sweat

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Without looking I am guessing it is Wyoming standout Devin Moore. Yes, he is like Faulk. He has been one of my sleepers for a while. A guy I saw as a fit with upcoming needs.

He wasn't invited to the combine, but put on a show of his own for 31 scouts in Inday. For a guy his size his bench numbers are silly. I think the success of Slaton last season might make him more of a commodity than a lot of boards think.

I would love NE to draft this kid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Dude. Yeah I have a clue. This kid is second day material. 5th to 7th round. In no way does he represent a threat to rebuilding the defense on day one.

Also, ask BB if he has a clue because this is the second RB he has brought in for a personal workout.

Faulk isn't getting younger, and the is the RB they look to be replacing eventually, when he retires or leaves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

This kid is a day two pick probably. Not day one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Well Im glad you like what I have to say Paulie lol I do try lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Listen kids, it's like this:

I will believe any player is a "clone" of Kevin Faulk when they pick up a blitz.

I happen to live in the neighborhood where a guy named Adrian Peterson plays. He's a pretty good back who doesn't play every down.

Guess why.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Moore will make things exciting in Foxboro. I am not sure about his blocking ability but watch his fake reversal on a kick off return. One of the best schoolyard plays I have seen on any level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IRWT_woUOQ&feature=related

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Moore would immediately help the return game. People have to realise that Faulk brings more to the table than any back the Pats currently have (Between tackles running, catching screens, pass blocking etc....). There are great players, like Prairie Mike mentioned that can only do two of those things very well. Should the Pats look at finding Faulk's eventual replacement, yes; will it be as easy as drafting some RB in the 4th or 5th and getting the exact same production, probably not. From a statistical standpoint he's basically a poor man's Marcus Allen or Roger Craig. Not easy to find and even more difficult to find one that can stay healthy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He is a Kevin Faulk clone and Faulk's getting older...

This guy returns kicks and punts just like Kevin, plus he is the same size and same physical makeup. BB will take a guy regardless of position if he thinks he the is talented and fills a need position. I never make a mock draft because it feels like mental masturbation, but I'd like this pick in any round after one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Just checking all the nooks and crannies. With all the picks they have in the middle rounds they could pick up a steal or two. Maroney needs all the pressure they can give him this year. It's time to put up or shut up!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WoburnPaulie. Show WoburnPaulie's posts

Do you have a football clue gentlemen? Your actually talking about drafting a RB when they just picked up Taylor?? And with their defense the way it is? If anything, on offense they need to think OL, not RB. Protect Brady!! By the way, I think they should forget this Peppers talk and package some of their picks to move up and get that outstanding LB Curry. Curry and Mayo...mmmmm D-licious. Peppers and Mayo??? Um, not so much...at least not for that money-hungryness he has!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

Drafting someone who can turn into another Kevin Faulk, but in the meantime can be productive returning kickoff and punts fit BB's mode of operation. But it may mean the Matthew Slater experiment had not worked. I think it is wise for BB to continue to look for a good return man: a score on kickoff return can at least blunt the scores the other tem just put on the board, and sometimes be a game changer. But putting Welker for returns gave me heartburn everytime.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidwa. Show davidwa's posts

RE the decision to draft an OL rather than a RB like Faulk. With TB recovering from injury as much as I'd like a LB or DB chosen early in the draft, if a great talent slides at OL I think they should pick him at #23 or #34. That said, Faulk has helped to protect TB not just with blocking, he's made defenses pay for blitzes with his ability to covert 3rd downs from short passes. TB doesn't have to hold the ball when Faulk's on the field healthy & productive(Welker has helped alot also in this aspect). The Pats may find a solid talented RB with versatility with a mid or late pick in the draft.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Again we are talking about where and when. I don't see RB/FB as a 3rd round consideration.Maybe 4th or 5th at best. The Pats could sign Lorenzo Neal (short yardage/ lead blocking) just as easily.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

NYC...good link...great kickoff return...he might really help the return game...Hobbs and Welker should not be in the kicking scheme..if the Pats really like him, they might two round reach for him just to end the aforementioned recipe for disaster.

Sections
Shortcuts