Patriots / Jets Game... 2 weeks out.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Re: Patriots / Jets Game... 2 weeks out.

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dantehopkins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

As excited as we are for the impending #1 Offense going up against the #1 Defense I can't help but peek over the fence to the Jets coming to town in 2 weeks. 

Ideally, the Pats roll on Seattle putting up 24+ points sending a strong message to the league that the offensive machine, properly gassed and loaded up, cannot be stopped.

To round it off, I'm hoping the Jets limp into town with Sanchez hanging on by a string only to force Ryan's hand and watch him sub in Tebow then head back to dirty Jersey with their tail between their legs...

[/QUOTE]

didnt you guys have another "unstoppable" offense once upon a time?

dont use that word too freely especially only 5 games into the season

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I still think the Jets had a shot at winning on Monday night if it weren't for J.J Watt stepping up. Sachez is a little weak between the ears and right now his confidence is shot. He ain't that good . 

The injuries are hurting the Jets but there's more than just that wrong with this team, we saw it last season.

With this being said the Pats cannot take them gently and I doubt it very much BB will let that happen.  It's in New England , no chance,  Pats will win for sure .

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

At least when the pat's have sucked they managed to go to a  SB in every decade since the 80"s. My memory isn't so good could you list all the SB's the Jet's have been to since 1969.

Oww thats gonna leave a mark!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheTinMan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats can't take the Jets games too lightly.

Those matchups will be like the SB for the Jets--if they are going to actually play hard in any games this year, it will be against the Pats.

How embarrassing will it be if Sanchez throws for 300+ and some TDs against the Pats secondary, even if the Pats win big?

And don't count on the INTs, unless members of the Pats secondary learn to turn their heads and look for the ball in the next 10 days.

[/QUOTE]

The Jet's can play these games like the SB but they just don't have the depth to withstand the injuries they have sustained and Sanchez stinks regardless of who he has to throw to. He has a career 54% completion rate and throws as many Int's as he throws TD's.

Why would it be embarrasing to blow a team out even if the opposing QB throws for 300 + yards. If it is a blowout and Sanchez throws for 300 that means they were in prevent protecting a big lead playing a soft nickel or dime.

You do know the Pat's are in the top half of the league in Int's and 2nd in TO's but hey don't let pesky facts like that get in the way of your arguement.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, all of that Patriot depth would easily step up if they lost their top CB (who happens to be the best in NFL), their top 2 WRs, their top two TEs, their top two NTs, their center, their FB and a handful of backups all at the same time.  

[/QUOTE]

11-5 and missed the playoffs when Brady was lost for the season.  Your team still doesn't have a quarterback. 

Stop whining.  Jets sucked before the injuries. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think just because Tebow ran for almost 100 yards against BB's vaunted defense that means Rex will suddenly design "trick plays" for Tebow.  I suppose that a read option could look like a trick play if you don't understand football,  but it's a pretty old and pretty basic play. Regarding Rex's "obsession", Rex is obsessed with whatever team is on the schedule.  

[/QUOTE]

I think this Rex Ryan quote could be construed as him having at the minimum... Patriot envy.

"I think we have to find somebody out there to beat New England besides us, I think that would help,” Ryan said. “Anybody out there that wants to sign up for it? Are you good enough as a team to beat the New England Patriots? Forget about us, are you good enough to go out and beat the New England Patriots? I’m challenging the league."

[/QUOTE]

Yes, challenging teams to beat a team in his division sure is an example of Patriots envy.

And is this an example of Steeler envy? "I've seen players suffer from the "Pittsburgh flu" when facing the Steelers."

And this must be Peyton/Colts envy "There's nobody like this guy in the league. Nobody studies like him," Ryan said. "I know Brady thinks he does. I think there's probably a little more help with (New England coach Bill) Belichick with Brady than there is with Peyton Manning."

or this one?

"I don't know when I'm going to beat him, but I want it to be Saturday night," "Is it personal? Yes, it's personal. It's personal against Peyton,  Reggie Wayne, all those guys, yeah. (Dwight) Freeney and (Robert) Mathis and those other dudes? Absolutely."

Of course there is this quote about the Giants

"Quite honestly, I never came here to be little brother to anybody,"

Maybe that one is proof of envy.  At least the Giants have done something since Rex has been in NY.  The Giants are not trying to live of 8 year old success and claiming it as a dynasty.

[/QUOTE]

The only person I've seen use the word dynasty on this site in years is you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At least when the pat's have sucked they managed to go to a  SB in every decade since the 80"s. My memory isn't so good could you list all the SB's the Jet's have been to since 1969.

Oww thats gonna leave a mark!

[/QUOTE]

The last time the Jets appeared in a SB - A historical perspective.....

LBJ was president Nixon was president-elect

gas was 35 cents per gallon  crude was $3 per barrel

the average home costed $15,500

the average new car was $3300

the average US annual income was $8,550

telephones had rotary dials

The White Album was #1

most TVs in the US were black and white

Woodstock was in the planning stages

We hadn't landed on the moon

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well they talk a big game!   6 wins for them this year.  They could easily come in last in the afc east. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder if Tebow will be the starter by then. Sanchez has to be on the thinnest of ice and the Jets will probably lose again this weekend to the Colts.

[/QUOTE]

Sanchez got himself a little reprieve the last game. I still think we'll see the full compliment of Tebow trick plays when we play them. You know how obsessed Rex is with us.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think just because Tebow ran for almost 100 yards against BB's vaunted defense that means Rex will suddenly design "trick plays" for Tebow.  I suppose that a read option could look like a trick play if you don't understand football,  but it's a pretty old and pretty basic play. Regarding Rex's "obsession", Rex is obsessed with whatever team is on the schedule.  

[/QUOTE]

Yup he did run for 100 yards in that awesome Broncos win. Oh wait.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Any new predictions ? Kind of throw away Tebow starting although we all know Rex will try some tricks and Tebow.

Today's text by my Jets friend:

Sssssssanchezzzzzzzzz ! oh yea !

Sections
Shortcuts