1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Patriots LB Jerod Mayo could miss season with pectoral injury

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More reasons why you don't take five years to rebuild a defense...the foundation falls down before the house goes up.

[/QUOTE]

You would find a way to bash Belichick

[/QUOTE]

I knew one of his ilk would.   Brady and Welker still choked it down in the 4th qtr of SB 46.

Mayo and the D would have allowed 13 points if not for a reckless INT on 1st down and/or the Welker drop in a wild throw.

[/QUOTE]
    I told you three years ago that you can't plan too far ahead in football - that you had better try to win it all when you had the chance - instead we wouldn't spend to the cap...we wouldn't take those first round picks and talent when we had our chance. Instead we kept pushing this year into next, into next, into next...well now we're here. How's that working out for us? The defense that took five years to build (when it shouldn't of) is decimated after 6 games. Five years of waiting till next year...for this?

Hey this would bea good time to prove how important it is NOT to spend to the cap, so we can go out and get a defensive tackle and guy to replace Mayo. It won't happen, there's no one left, they were all signed when teams had the chance. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

More reasons why you don't take five years to rebuild a defense...the foundation falls down before the house goes up.

[/QUOTE]

Mayo is 27.  Seriously?

[/QUOTE]

Hate to break this to you, but he has played for five seasons...that's a lifetime in the NFL...and it's a shame they couldn't of surrounded him with talent during that time span. No worries though, we don't spend to the salary cap for reasons just like this!! Just look at when a vince went down...all that money we saved was spent on that fifth string defensive tackle we cut after two days of watching him practice.

[/QUOTE]

I am sure that Kraft is going to call you tonite and offer you the GM job. 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe he should - I wouldn't of signed a piee of fine china to replace Welker or gave 45 million to a thug tight end. Then again he wouldn't need to of called me, any GM in the league could of figured that out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Don't worry, Mayo sux. BB is an idiot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mayo is 27.  Seriously?

[/QUOTE]

Hate to break this to you, but he has played for five seasons...that's a lifetime in the NFL...and it's a shame they couldn't of surrounded him with talent during that time span. No worries though, we don't spend to the salary cap for reasons just like this!! Just look at when a vince went down...all that money we saved was spent on that fifth string defensive tackle we cut after two days of watching him practice.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe he should - I wouldn't of signed a piee of fine china to replace Welker or gave 45 million to a thug tight end. Then again he wouldn't need to of called me, any GM in the league could of figured that out.

[/QUOTE]

I will email him . Just wait by the phone

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mayo is 27.  Seriously?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I will email him . Just wait by the phone

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but no need, he's over right now and we are just ironing out the final details. I want him to throw in a Audi R8, but he's countering with 75 dollars in Kohl's cash...I told him that's how he lost Welker...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I knew one of his ilk would.   Brady and Welker still choked it down in the 4th qtr of SB 46.

Mayo and the D would have allowed 13 points if not for a reckless INT on 1st down and/or the Welker drop in a wild throw.

[/QUOTE]
    I told you three years ago that you can't plan too far ahead in football - that you had better try to win it all when you had the chance - instead we wouldn't spend to the cap...we wouldn't take those first round picks and talent when we had our chance. Instead we kept pushing this year into next, into next, into next...well now we're here. How's that working out for us? The defense that took five years to build (when it shouldn't of) is decimated after 6 games. Five years of waiting till next year...for this?

Hey this would bea good time to prove how important it is NOT to spend to the cap, so we can go out and get a defensive tackle and guy to replace Mayo. It won't happen, there's no one left, they were all signed when teams had the chance. 

[/QUOTE]

We were 7th in the NFL in spending "to the cap" last year, moron.

No team can spend to the penny to the cap, stupid.  Christ, your concept of finances is like an 8 year old's dreams of the tooth fairy coming.

Holy christ, you are one scary adult.

[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks, I'm just glad you finally admitted you're wrong. Proof is in the pudding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Sucks: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4751194/assessing-the-loss-of-lb-jerod-mayo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Boy teams are going to be running right up the middle on the Pats.  Expect the Jets to run it like 40 times this sunday.  Any word on Kelly?  Missing all 3 right in the middle is going to be a killer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

I know this will come as a shock to some here, but the Krafts are running a business...yes, the ultimate objective is to be the best and win a SB, but the main objective is to be a winning franchise that, IN THE LONG TERM, will make $$$$$$$...sometimes winning a SB and winning in the long term place real limitations on a franchises ability to maintain a profit margin...being a money making franchise and continuing profit margins are what dictates those decisions, not simply draining all the cash you can to win now...it's not high school football...it's the REAL WORLD with harsh realities...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boy teams are going to be running right up the middle on the Pats.  Expect the Jets to run it like 40 times this sunday.  Any word on Kelly?  Missing all 3 right in the middle is going to be a killer.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the Jet's will pound the rock between the tackles and limit the Pat's time of possession. Looks like BB is going to have to pack it in and let Geno Smith and the Jet's skill players try to beat them on the outside.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Looks like Spikes is going to have to work for that paycheck trying to stop the run without help from our top 2 run defenders. I hope this isn't the first year our pass defense becomes elite and our run defense goes to hell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from whoremaster. Show whoremaster's posts

Hurly your on fire, same as my grandmama,see she would be the Pats starting DT except she can bend her knees.Crusty can you bend your knees?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No team can spend to the penny to the cap, stupid.  Christ, your concept of finances is like an 8 year old's dreams of the tooth fairy coming.

[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks, I'm just glad you finally admitted you're wrong. Proof is in the pudding.

[/QUOTE]

Where did I admit I was wrong and about what, Cupcake?  Mayo has a ring on his finger if not for Brady and Welker looking like Arena League players in the 4th qtr of SB 46.

Deal with it.

You're such a loser of a human, it's amazing.  

LOSER

I have never seen such a loser.

[/QUOTE]

By saying...it's text book, this is why you don't take five years to rebuild a defense or waste years of a hall of fame quarterbakc's career. You also said Jerry Jones is a better GM. I don't know why you keep lying...it gets embarrassing after a while...I feel like I don't even know you anymore. Is it because of that blowup doll you spend all that time with?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's unfortunate considering he was playing very well this year.  Time for Hightower to step it up a notch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to bigsmellybear's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know this will come as a shock to some here, but the Krafts are running a business...yes, the ultimate objective is to be the best and win a SB, but the main objective is to be a winning franchise that, IN THE LONG TERM, will make $$$$$$$...sometimes winning a SB and winning in the long term place real limitations on a franchises ability to maintain a profit margin...being a money making franchise and continuing profit margins are what dictates those decisions, not simply draining all the cash you can to win now...it's not high school football...it's the REAL WORLD with harsh realities...

[/QUOTE]

If you think the NFL is the "real world" you are flat out wrong. You ever see these guys that own these teams? All of them made their money somewhere else - this is their toy, this is their hobby, this is their fun...these guys literally make up their own rules regarding all of this. Now don't worry, they make money - they all make money - but once in a while you can go for it and give your QB the best chance to win. It bothers me we said, "this is a business, we always have our eye on the future" when we had a once in a lifetime player in his prime. We could of won more of them...the never ending quest for value ruined that. That is a fact.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where did I admit I was wrong and about what, Cupcake?  Mayo has a ring on his finger if not for Brady and Welker looking like Arena League players in the 4th qtr of SB 46.

Deal with it.

You're such a loser of a human, it's amazing.  

LOSER

I have never seen such a loser.

[/QUOTE]

By saying...it's text book, this is why you don't take five years to rebuild a defense or waste years of a hall of fame quarterbakc's career. You also said Jerry Jones is a better GM. I don't know why you keep lying...it gets embarrassing after a while...I feel like I don't even know you anymore. Is it because of that blowup doll you spend all that time with?

[/QUOTE]

I said "Jerry Jones is a better GM"?   What on earth?

Someone figure out where this psycho teaches and call the police!

[/QUOTE]

I'm just throwing stuff out there, I figure you lie you're brains out daily, why not have a little fun? It's kind of like a double metaphor/funny puzzler...and I figure you post so much trash/lies that even you wouldn't know the difference.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Talk about misery! Wilfork first, then Mayo. Don't know how long Kelly, Aqib will be out. Apromising stud defense got dealt a big blow. But all may not be lost. As one of the Globe writers put it, this team is reminiscent of 2003 SB winning team.  To get there, a few changes will be necessary.

We may see more of 3-4 with Nink dropping to OLB and blitzing as situation calls for it.  Spikes and Hightower will see a lot more minutes.  Collins and Fletcher too. Hopefully, Kelly and Aqib get back against the Jets.  We'll see if "next man up" is effective - will speak to the effectiveness with which the roster has been put together.  Go Pats!

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talk about misery! Wilfork first, then Mayo. Don't know how long Kelly, Aqib will be out. Apromising stud defense got dealt a big blow. But all may not be lost. As one of the Globe writers put it, this team is reminiscent of 2003 SB winning team.  To get there, a few changes will be necessary.

We may see more of 3-4 with Nink dropping to OLB and blitzing as situation calls for it.  Spikes and Hightower will see a lot more minutes.  Collins and Fletcher too. Hopefully, Kelly and Aqib get back against the Jets.  We'll see if "next man up" is effective - will speak to the effectiveness with which the roster has been put together.  Go Pats!

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

[/QUOTE]

Good post, I get so tired of the second guessers. All we can do is root for the next man up

Who knows maybe Talib can play mlb too lol

But we do have depth at lb, sure does test the faith tho

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Dear Bill Belichick,

Hello, I'm a young (mid to late thirties) man that thoroughly understands the nfl salary cap, business concepts and has a college degree... I also have a self proclaimed IQ of 152. I'm currently laid off from CVS at the moment and would like the chance to join your staff as a guy who can lay in the weeds...I also would be willing to yell "the warnings were out people!!!", whenever you would like. I hope to one day sit on your knee as you set up your draft board - we could complete each others sentences, and talk about our favorite frozen yogurts. Please consider my "Goodwill Hunting" intelligence and my fierce desire to become your next little Scott Pioli. The only problem is I'm jealous of Tom Brady (I hope we can get past that).

Sincerly,

Rusty

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Deer antler spray?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

EEI saying it could be 8 weeks, depending on the severity. If it's less severe, an 8-10 week return may be possible. This, of course, would allow him to return for the tail-end of the season/playoffs.

If it's more severe, Mayo is likely done for the season. 

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/10/15/source-jerod-mayo-out-at-least-eight-weeks-after-torn-pectoral-muscle-surgery/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Losing mayo is bad compounded by wilfork is now even worse. However, we have sufficient depth here to cover it. the easy call would be to just use Collins or fletcher, split time between them. However, I agree with rkarp, Collins may not be ready. I could see bb maybe using nink here, move buchannon to end with jones. Kelly and vellano inside with the other jones and forston rotating. 

Is Stevie b still on the practice squad? Maybe they call him up? 

In other news, the pats worked out 3 wr's and a TE today. will amendola be out for extended time? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

Dear Bill Belichick,

I am an early 40s Home Ec teacher with a really low IQ. I can't balance a checkbook and I have no retirement account. Good thing I work for the government and have a pension I don't deserve, huh?

Anyway, I post on BDC.com thinking I know more than you even though my IQ is so low I have no idea the cap is the same as it was in 2009 when you had to sell off higher priced players in order to keep our team winning 12+ games per year, as weaker organizations like the Giants or Steelers are crappy and missed the boat.   

I really liked how Mike Tannenbaum destroyed the Jets.  I wish you were like Mike Tanenbaum as a GM. I like it because I wanted that for the Pats.  I said it on BDC.com once. I really did. I once said I wished we had spent wildly, ignored the lockout and went for it all in 2010!  I also ordered my 5th Brady doll that same season. That doll was used and abused by Week 7, so I had to order another!  Oh, the joy of a Pats season with it being all about Brady!  I sometimes giggle to myself as I realize how important and smart I am.

I really liked how the Jets had all their draft busts and overpaid, older vets went to the Jets, as their owner tried to dupe their fans in the worst economy since the Great Depression. In fact, I am still confused as I line my muffin tins for tommorow's class at the local middle school here in Dorchester.  But, even though confused, I liked how ESPN made it seem like that was the way to go in 2009 and 2010.  

Why didn't you open up Kraft's checkbook to get Tom Brady another ring?  I have mutliple Brady Blow Up Dolls, some autographed, some not. I demand a title!  I also have been demanding a ring delivered to my basement.  I willl never forgive you! I also blame you for all injuries and when Brady is a dumbo when throwing INTS on 1st downs for an unknown reason in SBs (or AFC Title games) with leads!

Is there a salary cap in the NFL?   What does the salary cap mean?  Why can't we pay 15 million dollars for Revis and Mike Wallace? I would sleep better at night all cozy, knowing that we spent wildly and ruined our roster.  I just love feeling all cozy at night because my IQ is low and I wear women's underwear.

Why does Brady where fruity white sweaters after games, by the way? Also, why does he change his hair style so frequently?  Is it because he lost his edge and married Giselle, to the point Giselle thinks she knows things after SBs when Brady melts down by his lonseome when the defense only had allowed 13 points in a SB?

Sincerely (spelled correctly),

Cupcake Hurlie

[/QUOTE]

You and mthurl should meet up for a beer sometime and shake hands. Better yet, give him a big hug. I bet the 2 of you would get along well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Hard to tell when they classify every injury of the same type with one classification even though there are such varying degrees.

However, if it is even remotely similar to the pectoral tears of most other players have experienced then I say he is done for the year.

Not a doc and don't pretend to be. Just an opinion based on length of time that other atheletes have dealt with having a similar injury.

I feel like it is a big loss though. If for no other reason than the cumulative effect of having to be without your 2 defensive captains. Leadership is huge. Communication and continuity is huge.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Well, when the Jets lose to this depleted Patriots squad, RR's humilation will be complete. 

Sections
Shortcuts