Patriots Linebackers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Patriots Linebackers

How do you feel about the young core of patriot linebackers.  I know we havent seen a lot as a group that would make us think that they will be anything special but to me the combo of:

Mayo-Spikes-Hightower-Jones 

has a lot of potential to be one of the best in the league.  Are you encouraged by this group.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Patriots Linebackers

With Aldon Smith, Brooks, Brown and Willis the 49ers have one of the best young LB Corps in the NFL. The Pats should have strong LB corps, but I honestly haven't seen them play together yet. Have to see how the Pats LBs play together. Should be fun to watch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Jones OLB, Mayo ILB, Hightower ILB, Ninkovich OLB looks very promising to me. 

I'd like to Spikes out there, but wishing he'd stayed healthy seems like a pipe dream now. The good news is we have Fletcher providing depth inside and Bequette, Scott and whoever else makes the squad backing up.  

If the young guys absorb the defensive scheme we should have enough bodies to run the 3/4 and that will help immensely.  A lot of people are dismissing the negative impact created by not having an off season last year, that was a huge detriment to the development of a cohesive unit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Patriots Linebackers":
    How do you feel about the young core of patriot linebackers.  I know we havent seen a lot as a group that would make us think that they will be anything special but to me the combo of: Mayo-Spikes-Hightower-Jones  has a lot of potential to be one of the best in the league.  Are you encouraged by this group. Posted by prob2236
    Very excited to have 2 1st rd LBers and a 2nd rd LB as possible starters. Not that draft status is important but I think we have a better chance at success with the highly toted guys. I don't miss the gary guytons and Monty Beisals as our starters. Then again almost our entire defense is made up of 1st 2nd and 3rd rounders.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Yea, I to love the group and the potential is there for a really good young core of guys.  I think my concern though is pass coverage with the group.  Mayo showed in the superbowl that he still struggles, when he blindly jumped in front of that goal line TD pass and missed the play.  Spikes is a plain and simple run stoper.  Ive heard Hightower struggles but the jury is out until I see it and Chandler Jones is pretty much a pass rusher and isnt there to be a coverage guy. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Linebackers:
    In response to "Patriots Linebackers": Very excited to have 2 1st rd LBers and a 2nd rd LB as possible starters. Not that draft status is important but I think we have a better chance at success with the highly toted guys. I don't miss the gary guytons and Monty Beisals as our starters. Then again almost our entire defense is made up of 1st 2nd and 3rd rounders.
    Posted by TrueChamp

add in carpenter as our coverage LB on obvious passing downs and that becomes 3 1st round LB's (carpenter, mayo, hightower)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

As much potential as they DO have, I'm not going to get too excited until I see them play and probably more importantly...Spikes proves he can stay healthy.

Sections
Shortcuts