Patriots/Lions Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Patriots/Lions Game Thread

In Response to Re: Patriots/Lions Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots/Lions Game Thread : Not this year...we have to be patient
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

if you want pass pressure, i don't know if another pass rushing olb will help. they only send the three linemen a third of the time. half of the time, they would send one olb, either left or right.  every now and then they send more than four.

my point is that the success of this d hinges on the success of your three-man rush to create pressure. that's how the fourth rusher (olb or ilb or even cb) gets a lane to the qb.

i believe someone like sey is really what's missing. in this draft, fairley is the closes thing to tha, but he'll be gone in the top 7 picks.  there aren't a lot of 300 lb dt/de's in this draft.  most of the de's coming out are in the 280-290 range more like 4-3 de's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

LOL

shalise manza young shalisemyoung to be honest, I can barely make out the words Kid Rock is singing, but I think this is his song "born free". yall would know better than I

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

[QUOTE]is he trying to be the new bruce sprinsteen?
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

idk but hes definitely looks like a girl with W/E he is wearing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

I agree let's blitz this doofus QB and cover the short cr@p... make him beat us with long passes. He's got the arm strength of a teenage girl, so force him!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots/Lions Game Thread : if you want pass pressure, i don't know if another pass rushing olb will help. they only send the three linemen a third of the time. half of the time, they would send one olb, either left or right.  every now and then they send more than four. my point is that the success of this d hinges on the success of your three-man rush to create pressure. that's how the fourth rusher (olb or ilb or even cb) gets a lane to the qb. i believe someone like sey is really what's missing. in this draft, fairley is the closes thing to tha, but he'll be gone in the top 7 picks.  there aren't a lot of 300 lb dt/de's in this draft.  most of the de's coming out are in the 280-290 range more like 4-3 de's.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Any mid-level (salary) 300 lb DT/DE free agents?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Delayed blitzes up the middle--- cant keep letting the AVERAGE QB extending the play.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

the last time i saw anyone in a pats uniform do that was bruschi. for some reason, they don't think of doing it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots/Lions Game Thread : I made this exact point on the last page. They should have just kept the receiver in front of them and not touched him until the clock read zeros.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

My bad vertigho, didn't see your post/didn't mean to repeat another post.  Oh well, we're lucky to only be down a TD IMO, so this one's still in play.  Would love to see some more Law Firm runs, and some (down/distance germane) screens.  Also, if TB keeps getting hit like this, it could get ugly.  Need a nice TD drive, eating about 8 minutes off the clock, and our D needs to step it up big-time.  GO PATS!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport RapSheet Per @stareagle, when the Lions led 14-3, it was the first time they had led a Thanksgiving Day game by more than 10 points since 2000

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]LOL shalisemyoung    to be honest, I can barely make out the words Kid Rock is singing, but I think this is his song "born free". yall would know better than I
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    I remember a movie back in the 70's about a lion called born free. Is he singing about a lion?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

1. how about we blitz and knock the all-universe QB on his butt ?

2. how about our receivers hold on to the damn football !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

hey its DWAYNE

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

did he say lots of good execution by BOTH teams?

What game is HE watching?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Tate... no catches, no returns

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

is the right side of the lions kick coverage better than the left or something

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Let's go Boys

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

omg that could have been real bad

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Not a time to get cute

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

WT-F would you call that play when they've been attacking Brady all game? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

W T H

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

How in the blue f*ck do they expect that flea-flicker to work when Brady hasn't had half a second to throw all day?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

well this start isnt too encouraging

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Shitty play calling = another thud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Okay, one criticism I have is why when they are in second and long do they always throw short?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

@#$%^&*()()_!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts