Patriots Lloyd talk new deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots Lloyd talk new deal

Sources: Pats, Lloyd talk new deal

March, 15, 2013
    MAR 15
    12:02
    PM ET
    Patriots receiver Brandon Lloyd is due a $3 million roster bonus by the weekend, and the expectation has been that the club will not pick it up. But that doesn't necessarily mean that Lloyd won't be back with the team, as the sides have entered into talks on a restructured contract, sources have told ESPN. 

Lloyd was scheduled to earn a base salary of $1.9 million in 2013, and was scheduled to have a salary cap charge of $4.9 million. The Patriots have apparently determined that's too rich for their liking, but would be open to retaining Lloyd at a lower cost. 

The question becomes whether the team and agent Tom Condon can find a number that works for both of them. 

One of the team's starting receivers in 2012, Lloyd played in 84.8 percent of the offensive snaps and finished with 74 receptions for 911 yards and four touchdowns

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Patriots Lloyd talk new deal

Condon sucks too much.  Lloyd is probably gone.  Then again I think Lloyd overruled Condon when it came to coming to NE in the first place and he must have enjoyed actually being on a playoff team.  Who knows.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

It would be sweet if we could keep LLoyd and still have Jones and Amendola added to the mix. I think this makes us a BETTER offense rather than us being worse like most assume when Wes left. Shaping out to be real good offseason if so! Go BB!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I personally would like to keep him but not at that cap hit.

If he's insulted and wants to leave then, "goodbye".

Want to stay here and possibly win a championship then restructure.  Simple.  

I understand that to some players the money and so called "respect" is more important than winning.  No problem.  I want guys that want to win.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Hope it works. i would rather have Lloyd with a 2nd year in the system then some of the FA wr scrap out there. (Donald Jones)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

We'll see if it works out.

Ravens couldn't convince Q.

Didn't seem like Broncos could with Dumervil, though I'm not 100% sure where they stand now.

Lloyd is arguably the biggest oddball of them all, so who knows.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Reports are coming out that Lloyd has stated he would be open to staying on a reduced deal.  Something on rotoworld attributed to Schefter although I don't see it on his feed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Who else is gonna get him the ball when he isnt open??  He better stay here and suck it up!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Who do they bring in if Lloyd leaves?  I don't see Jones and possibly Sanders starting in his place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Who do they bring in if Lloyd leaves?  I don't see Jones and possibly Sanders starting in his place.

i think sanders is leverage to get Lloyd to accept restructure. Just my guess.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I am not convinced that Jones will make it to the season on the roster. I doubt that he would beat our Edelman if he is back. Of course not Amendola. I half expect at least one more veteran FA and 1 draft pick - even if not a higher round. That would mean at least 4 WRs plus Jones. And I think we will see another body or two in training camp as well. And if some of the unknown names pan out Jones might not make it.

Or maybe I just am underestimating Jones altogether??????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

why not? These guys are faster and more likely to have yac! First lloyd is a bum and now we cant do better! I understand some of the people here at times...

Sections
Shortcuts