PATRIOTS LOSE THE LUCK sweepstakes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

PATRIOTS LOSE THE LUCK sweepstakes

meaning, what i and many pats fans didnt want, colts win luck.

personally i was hoping rams traded the pick to washington or an nfc team.

but the colts.
    that sux.
    another elite qb on the colts for another 10 plus years after manning..

not likin it.

thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Re: PATRIOTS LOSE THE LUCK sweepstakes

With all the hullabaloo going on in Indy now it is hard to project what is going to happen. But....

I don't think we are going to have to worry about Luck for at least 3-4 years. Indy will have to rebuild, probably from the ballboys to the GM. This organizational re-structuring will take time. 

You might see TB12 leaving about the time Luck takes the Colts to the post season dance. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Maybe manning is healthy and they trade the pick for multiple picks and "refresh" the team for manning? I wouldn't count manning out yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Why is everybody making Luck out to be a sure bet in the NFL? I see that he has the intangibles to be a good QB but these highly regarded college prospects don't always pan out (ala Ryan Leaf).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

In Response to Re: PATRIOTS LOSE THE LUCK sweepstakes:
    [QUOTE]Maybe manning is healthy and they trade the pick for multiple picks and "refresh" the team for manning? I wouldn't count manning out yet.
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]
    Manning's one hit away from living life in a wheel chair. I know we can say that about most NFL players, but Manning already has two strikes against him. 

Irsay is not going to take the risk of rebuilding a team around a QB that is that fragile. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]With all the hullabaloo going on in Indy now it is hard to project what is going to happen. But.... I don't think we are going to have to worry about Luck for at least 3-4 years. Indy will have to rebuild, probably from the ballboys to the GM. This organizational re-structuring will take time.  You might see TB12 leaving about the time Luck takes the Colts to the post season dance. 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

"You might see TB12 leaving about the time Luck takes the Colts to the post season dance."

that is exactly my concern

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe manning is healthy and they trade the pick for multiple picks and "refresh" the team for manning? I wouldn't count manning out yet.
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]

i think they want both, wil luck pull a power play and say i wont go there. thats the only possible shot i think. now if they get someone smart in there and gt like 5 picks that might be almost as bad for the afc. thats why i wished the rams had the pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

[QUOTE]Why is everybody making Luck out to be a sure bet in the NFL? I see that he has the intangibles to be a good QB but these highly regarded college prospects don't always pan out (ala Ryan Leaf).
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Indy is cleaning house and there is no guarantee that Luck will be an elite NFL quarterback. I'd be more nervous if Barkley was coming out this year..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

you think luck is leaf. ok. lets talk in 5 years

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Some team was gonna get him.  May as well be the Colts.  Better than an AFC East team if he's really that good. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Some team was gonna get him.  May as well be the Colts.  Better than an AFC East team if he's really that good. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

yes that may be the glass half full argument.
    :)

(still would prefer him in washington)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Luck can suck it. Might as well go to a dome and chuck the ball around in the footsteps of the last panzee arss QB who's QB daddy wiped his arss for him his whole life. Just like him, he leaves his school a loser with a big bag of excuses for not winning the big one. Give me someone with grit and balls, and the Colts can have the d- bag frat boys. Pats are gonna kick the NFL's teeth in and nobody can stop them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Is there any guarantee that he will be an "elite" QB!!!! Think about how many #1 picks who turned out to fizzle once they were drafted. No one knows how he'll play in the Pro's, it's never a given. Look at Brady and where he went in the draft! He is the best, and does anyone remember any of the names that were picked in the first round during that draft? I don't! I still don't think Tebow is going to make it as a QB in the league, better as a running back. He just doesn't have it. He looked awesome at Florida.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to PATRIOTS LOSE THE LUCK sweepstakes:
    [QUOTE]meaning, what i and many pats fans didnt want, colts win luck. personally i was hoping rams traded the pick to washington or an nfc team. but the colts. that sux. another elite qb on the colts for another 10 plus years after manning.. not likin it. thoughts
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

I don't know that much about Luck, but it seems crazy to pin your hopes on a college QB doing well in the NFL.  Some do, but most do not, and it can be hard to tell which is which.  As others have pointed out, is he the next Manning, or the next Ryan Leaf?  Either way, almost IMPOSSIBLE for them to put together something as good as they have had.  Between Manning, the fast receivers, and being able to tilt the tables with the rules committee, they hit the trifecta.  BIG mistake for them to give up Polian and lose that rules committee guy.  BIG MISTAKE.  The Patriots need to be aggressive in placing people on both the rules and competition committees.  Let's start fighting to let teams play defense again.  I think allowing some hand fighting and increasing the chuck zone will go a long way toward stopping the monster hits, since DBs would be able to compete for the ball, they wouldn't have to try to jar it loose so much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Luck can suck it. Might as well go to a dome and chuck the ball around in the footsteps of the last panzee arss QB who's QB daddy wiped his arss for him his whole life. Just like him, he leaves his school a loser with a big bag of excuses for not winning the big one. Give me someone with grit and balls, and the Colts can have the d- bag frat boys. Pats are gonna kick the NFL's teeth in and nobody can stop them.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
    lay off the sauce Shen.  It makes you overly aggressive and mentally puny.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: PATRIOTS LOSE THE LUCK sweepstakes": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS LOSE THE LUCK sweepstakes : lay off the sauce Shen.  It makes you overly aggressive and mentally puny. Posted by UD6[/QUOTE] I was hoping if I drank enough you're comments wouldn't sound ritarded. Didn't work.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: PATRIOTS LOSE THE LUCK sweepstakes": I was hoping if I drank enough you're comments wouldn't sound ritarded. Didn't work.
    then its either the sauce or you really are mentally puny.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: PATRIOTS LOSE THE LUCK sweepstakes": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS LOSE THE LUCK sweepstakes : then its either the sauce or you really are mentally puny.   Posted by UD6[/QUOTE] Well it's a banner day for you Mr. Flanders, you put me in my place twice. Dear Diary's gonna have a very special entry tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: PATRIOTS LOSE THE LUCK sweepstakes": Well it's a banner day for you Mr. Flanders, you put me in my place twice. Dear Diary's gonna have a very special entry tonight.

You use a diary?  That's sweet.  Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

I wonder if Luck could beat Rex Grossman in the biggest game of his life?

Rex Grossman - the human gifthorse, pun intended.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder if Luck could beat Rex Grossman in the biggest game of his life? Rex Grossman - the human gifthorse, pun intended.  
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]
    And I wonder if there will ever again be a San Diego Charger Quarterback that can say I played in the Super Bowl? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

i think at this point hating the colts is like hating germany post world war 2.

They are no longer a threat to us. They are in full blown rebuilding mode, and have very little remaining in form of rival qualities. id say they are Years away from contending again.

one thing i will say. All these pundits saying that luck is the best QB to come out since manning came out, seem to forget that brady is the best QB to come out since mannaing came out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

........And the Jets were going to be the terror of the AFC under Mark Sanchez. The draft is a crap shoot and until these guys actually produce, it's all speculation. Personally I like the competiton between great franchises and will sorely miss Brady vs. Manning. If it's going to Mallet/Hoyer vs Luck in the future.....As Bush said..."BRING IT ON!!!"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]Is there any guarantee that he will be an "elite" QB!!!! Think about how many #1 picks who turned out to fizzle once they were drafted. No one knows how he'll play in the Pro's, it's never a given. Look at Brady and where he went in the draft! He is the best, and does anyone remember any of the names that were picked in the first round during that draft? I don't! I still don't think Tebow is going to make it as a QB in the league, better as a running back. He just doesn't have it. He looked awesome at Florida.
    Posted by laurienyc13[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 1st pick could mean Peyton Manning or JaMarcus Russell

I couldn't really remember who was picked in the 1st round either so, for fun, I looked it up. Only QB taken in 1st round was 18th, Pennington. Don't know how well it will copy/paste from Word, but hope it looks ok

1          CLE       Courtney Brown          DE        Penn State
    2          WAS      LaVar Arrington          LB        Penn State
    3          WAS     Chris Samuels             T         Alabama
    4          CIN       Peter Warrick              R        Florida State
    5          BAL       Jamal Lewis               RB       Tennessee
    6          PHI       Corey Simon              DT        Florida State
    7          AZ        Thomas Jones            RB        Virginia
    8          PIT       Plaxico Burress           WR       Michigan State
    9          CHI      Brian Urlacher             LB        New Mexico
    10        BAL      Travis Taylor               WR       Florida
    11        NYG      Ron Dayne                  RB       Wisconsin
    12        NYJ       Shaun Ellis                  DE       Tennessee
    13        NYJ       John Abraham             DE        South Carolina
    14        GB        Bubba Franks              TE        Miami (Florida)
    15        DEN      Deltha O'Neal              DB       California
    16        SF         Julian Peterson           LB        Michigan State
    17        OAK     Sebastian Janikowski    K          Florida State
    18        NYJ      Chad Pennington         QB        Marshall
    19        SEA      Shaun Alexander         RB        Alabama
    20        DET      Stockar McDougle        T          Oklahoma
    21        KC        Sylvester Morris          WR       Jackson State
    22        SEA      Chris McIntosh            T          Wisconsin
    23        CAR      Rashard Anderson       DB        Jackson State
    24        SF        Ahmed Plummer         DB         Ohio State
    25        MIN      Chris Hovan               DB        Boston College
    26        BUF      Erik Flowers               DE        Arizona State
    27        NYJ      Anthony Becht            TE        West Virginia
    28        IND      Rob Morris                 LB         Brigham Young University
    29        JAX       R. Jay Soward           WR        USC
    30        TEN      Keith Bulluck             LB         Syracuse
    31        STL      Trung Canidate          RB         Arizona

NE – 0
    WAS - 2nd & 3rd pick
    NYJ - 12, 13,18, 27      Ellis, Abraham, Pennington (WOW)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

the first round is no guarantee for a QB, but looking back to 1990 there is a greater liklihood for success by picking a QB in the first than picking a QB in all other rounds combined. 

This is up for argument, but from 90 to 2009, more QB's of significance were drafted in the first than all other rounds combined.  That isn't to say there weren't great QB's in other rounds (frankly 3 of the best were outside the first), but at the time of the draft, no one knows who will actually become great. 

ALL OTHER ROUNDS
    B Favre
    M Brunell
    K Stewart
    J Plummer
    B Griese
    M Hasselbeck
    M Bulger
    T Brady
    D Brees
    D Garrard
    M Schaub