Patriots Madden 12 Ratings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Patriots Madden 12 Ratings

I'm not sure how many Madden playeres we have in here, but I figured I would post this so people could discuss the ratings.

After a quick look there are a few things that jump out at me.

I think Gronk should be higher than an 84. He is a complete tight end and tied the league for the most TD receptions in the league last year. A little low imo.

Green-Ellis is an 82 and Morris is an 81. Hmmm... BJGE should be a little higher and Morris should definitely be lower, imo. Even if he is listed as a FB.

Ryan Mallett's accuracy vs Hoyer's. It kind of blows my mind how a rookie QB has a higher throwing accuracy than a player who is thought to be a very good backup.

The O-line looks atrocious. Whoever did these ratings needs to be hit with a shovel. Vollmer an 81?! Are you kidding me? The Jets' Ferguson got a 94. Is there that much of a difference between the two? Vollmer should at least be in the upper 80's. He was recognized as an all-pro last year! No love. Mankins is better than a 93.

Mayo has an awareness of 77...

Everything else looks decent. Yeah, I'm nit picking and haven't purchased Madden in a couple years, but I was thinking about getting it this year. Thought some people might be interested in a discussion about it.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/madden12ratings/_/team/nwe/id/17/new-england-patriots

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Re: Patriots Madden 12 Ratings

they definitly underate vollmer, in madden 11 he was almost the same with an A potential rating but could never get over 88

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Who cares? If it is that important, you can always edit the player to have a higher rating.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Thanks for the insight. No, you can't do that if you play online. Apparently millions of people who are football fans and buy the game care.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Madden 12 Ratings:
    [QUOTE]Who cares? If it is that important, you can always edit the player to have a higher rating.
    Posted by Patsdateam[/QUOTE]
    Are u serious. The whole point of the game is to actually go through the seasons and watch ur guys progress. you obviously dont play or u would know that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for the insight. No, you can't do that if you play online. Apparently millions of people who are football fans and buy the game care.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

what a dufus that guy is. why would u come here when its a cleary marked madden players post and spew that BS

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I never got into video games.  I always found girls to be more interesting and fun'er to bang away on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

1. if you don't care. don't read it.

2. i been playing this game for years and i know the ins and outs of them so heres my take.

the overall rating doesn't mean much. its all about if the player has the certain attributes for his position. And GOOD THING the ratings dont matter because wow they have no idea how to do this. Heres a few overalls that are just mind blowingly bad:

shaun ellis - offered a MINIMUM contract by the jets is a 90 overall.  wat the ?!?!?!

Champ Bailey - great all time corner at the end of his career - 97!!!!!  are they on crack?  2 pts below Aso and 11 points higher than McCourty? 

Sammy Morris - did absolutely nothing last year. could not convert the short yardage situations 81 overall. 1 point below 1000 yard rusher BJGE.

Deion Branch - now im being a little bit of a fan on this one but a 77? really? Brady's favorite target is not even an 80? For those who don't know a 77 is like 1 step above useless in this game.

like i said, good thing overalls don't mean that much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]1. if you don't care. don't read it. 2. i been playing this game for years and i know the ins and outs of them so heres my take. the overall rating doesn't mean much. its all about if the player has the certain attributes for his position. And GOOD THING the ratings dont matter because wow they have no idea how to do this. Heres a few overalls that are just mind blowingly bad: shaun ellis - offered a MINIMUM contract by the jets is a 90 overall.  wat the ?!?!?! Champ Bailey - great all time corner at the end of his career - 97!!!!!  are they on crack?  2 pts below Aso and 11 points higher than McCourty?  Sammy Morris - did absolutely nothing last year. could not convert the short yardage situations 81 overall. 1 point below 1000 yard rusher BJGE. Deion Branch - now im being a little bit of a fan on this one but a 77? really? Brady's favorite target is not even an 80? For those who don't know a 77 is like 1 step above useless in this game. like i said, good thing overalls don't mean that much.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]
    Sammy Morris at an 81 just baffles me. True about the overall not necessarily reflecting their quality, but he shouldn't be an 81 either way.

Sebastian Vollmer at 81 just blows my mind though. There is no way to cover that up.

Branch should be at least an 80, imo. 81-82 seems about right to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]I never got into video games.  I always found girls to be more interesting and fun'er to bang away on.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Be with enough women tcal, and you'll learn... 
    The only consequence of spending your free time with video games, is the lack of girls.  The only with spending your free time with women is: fighting over nothing, fighting about everything, being negged b/c you don't having enough, worrying about being dumped when your money runs out, sexual frustrations unfulfilled, sexual STDs b/c your sexual frustrations WERE fulfilled, and finally ultimately placing all your self worth under the capricious whims of an outside object, any day, any second, every day, and for every second.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

girls are a pain in the sack, cant live with em cant live with out em

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

BJGE is not that great. hes pretty average. 82 seems about right

I would also keep Gronk at an 84. He was mainly just a big target in the endzone. Once he starts to open things up more midfield and such i think his rating will improve. His potential should be high though. I wonder if they included his blocking skills tho, its not on the link.

Morris at 81 kinda makes sense. They have him listed as a FB...and in madden, an 81 FB is not as good as an 81 RB.

Mayo with 77 awareness? They gave posluszny an 85. Dont know how they rate awareness though.

Mesko just a 77? pleasee

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Madden 12 Ratings : Sammy Morris at an 81 just baffles me. True about the overall not necessarily reflecting their quality, but he shouldn't be an 81 either way. Sebastian Vollmer at 81 just blows my mind though. There is no way to cover that up. Branch should be at least an 80, imo. 81-82 seems about right to me.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

oh yea i forgot vollmer. he should be in the 85-88 range.

like someone said sammy is a FB, but still at best a 75, 

Agree on Branch.

now wat i like about EA is how they update the rosters throughout the year and so these will change a ton.

my predictions for ratings by october...

Haynesworth - 90
    Wilfork - 97
    Branch - 80
    Ochocinco - 88
    McCourty - 90

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

For those who don't play, one of the coolest things about Madden is how you face so many game situations and then you watch on sunday and see how the real coaches handled those crucial moments.

Especially, the final 2 minutes. That is if you play with the intention of realism and not blow up the score on rookie difficulty.  

Many times on here we argue how different times should have been handled. The game has become so realistic that you can play out the way you would coached it and see what happens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Madden 12 Ratings : Be with enough women tcal, and you'll learn...  The only consequence of spending your free time with video games, is the lack of girls.  The only with spending your free time with women is: fighting over nothing, fighting about everything, being negged b/c you don't having enough, worrying about being dumped when your money runs out, sexual frustrations unfulfilled, sexual STDs b/c your sexual frustrations WERE fulfilled, and finally ultimately placing all your self worth under the capricious whims of an outside object, any day, any second, every day, and for every second.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

i got a laugh from this. very true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

F madden he's a dinasour-noboby cares what he says-wasn't he the guy that said the Pats should have punted in the SB against the Rams and then Brady hit Faulk for the 1st down-the rest history-retire Madden your overrated!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

[QUOTE]For those who don't play, one of the coolest things about Madden is how you face so many game situations and then you watch on sunday and see how the real coaches handled those crucial moments. Especially, the final 2 minutes. That is if you play with the intention of realism and not blow up the score on rookie difficulty.   Many times on here we argue how different times should have been handled. The game has become so realistic that you can play out the way you would coached it and see what happens.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Playing Madden over the years has really allowed me to see more of the overall small moving peices in the real games when I watch now.  It allowed me to appreciate the linemen much more then I ever did before.  I know it's not real football, but more then occasional play will allow you to be a more knowledgeable viewer/fan. (Expecting some heat on this comment)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Madden 12 Ratings : Playing Madden over the years has really allowed me to see more of the overall small moving peices in the real games when I watch now.  It allowed me to appreciate the linemen much more then I ever did before.  I know it's not real football, but more then occasional play will allow you to be a more knowledgeable viewer/fan. (Expecting some heat on this comment)
    Posted by Payment84[/QUOTE]

Well the thing I can say for sure that Madden taught me is how teams should MANAGE THE CLOCK in the 4th quarter when trying to make a comeback. Or how to close a game correctly. 

I have played so many of those situations that when I watch a game, I can almost predict every time that a team will successfully come back and win depending on how they are managing the clock. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]I never got into video games.  I always found girls to be more interesting and fun'er to bang away on.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    Well aint you just too cool for school! I dont think video games are used as a substitute for p**** pal. If sex is the only pleasure that you can have in life then you are probably a sexual predator and should seek help before you end up sitting in Chris Hansen's kitchen.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Did you mistake Boston.com with girls. Because you have over 3000 post, it seems like you actually spend a ton of time on here instead of talking with girls. 

But it seems like madden rates players on what recognition they have. So if a player like Sea-Bass don't talk much in the media and stays out of trouble no body besides other teams know who he is. He deserves a much higher rank but it didn't come as any surprise. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Madden 12 Ratings : Did you mistake Boston.com with girls. Because you have over 3000 post, it seems like you actually spend a ton of time on here instead of talking with girls.  Posted by maine12[/QUOTE]

Heyoooooo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Oh crap, where's Faulk? He's not listed. I hope he's in the game especially if he makes the 53.

I bet Brent Favereh will be in the game though cuz Madden wishes it was him and not jen sterger that got the sext messages

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

the demo is out!  who wants to play online?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

One interesting thing is the last update for Madden 11 has Cunningham as an absolute beast at DE (you can change positions in Franchise and other modes). I'm in my second season and he's a 97 overall at end and got 9 sacks on a sim year.

Sections
Shortcuts