Patriots need a productive running back to stay among the elite teams in the league

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Patriots need a productive running back to stay among the elite teams in the league

Every year other teams in the division with their higher draft choices are improving their teams constantly....We have done well also with the additions of talent such as Vollmer, Chung and Darius Butler dispite having lower round picks in the draft.....We are a great passing team, no doubt..... but we need a quality, stud running back we can depend on !! 
    This year,   surprisingly I haven't heard of any running back that stands out among the College crop in this years draft....Does anybody know of a talent out there in the College ranks that plays for one of the less publisized Colleges like a Chris Johnson from East Carolina or a Ray Rice from Rutgers  ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Patriots need a productive running back to stay among the elite teams in the league

In Response to Patriots need a productive running back to stay among the elite teams in the league:
    [QUOTE] Every year other teams in the division with their higher draft choices are improving their teams constantly....We have done well also with the additions of talent such as Vollmer, Chung and Darius Butler dispite having lower round picks in the draft.....We are a great passing team, no doubt..... but we need a quality, stud running back we can depend on !!  This year,   surprisingly I haven't heard of any running back that stands out among the College crop in this years draft....Does anybody know of a talent out there in the College ranks that plays for one of the less publisized Colleges like a Chris Johnson from East Carolina or a Ray Rice from Rutgers  ???

I like this year's draft crop and I can't complain about the contributions that a lot of them have made, but at this point I think it might be time to think about making a move for a running back at some point.

Not since Corey Dillon have the Patriots had someone where they knew they could run the clock out with a lead late in the game.

I don't know college football at all, though.
    Posted by flip781[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: Patriots need a productive running back to stay among the elite teams in the league

If Sammy Morris is healthy, he's good enough to compliment our passing game. His only problem is pass protection.

We need Fred Taylor, though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nastee. Show nastee's posts

Do you even follow College football.  No top RB's coming out???

Spiller for LSU...a beast

Dixon for MSU...is a bruiser

Best from Cal...is a homerun threat everytime he touches the ball

Dwyer from GT...is a stud

The Pats could easily get one of these, but they won't...they don't need RB.  How does that translate to wins...the team leading the league in Rushing Yards per game....

The Jets...followed by...the Titans...Panthers...Phins...wow I wished we ran more we could be up with those stud teams...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots need a productive running back to stay among the elite teams in the league:
    [QUOTE]If Sammy Morris is healthy, he's good enough to compliment our passing game. His only problem is pass protection. We need Fred Taylor, though.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]  These guys are terrific temporary fill-ins that are injury prone !! I am talking about a young, healthy back that runs hard North and South that we can depend whether we are trying to run out the clock with a small lead in the last quarter or just to be respected enough to  keep the heat off Tom Brady and our passing game......  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

flip, that's what Sammy Morris gives you this year (when healthy).

BB just doesn't draft RB's (Maroney the exception, unfortunately).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots need a productive running back to stay among the elite teams in the league:
    [QUOTE]Do you even follow College football.  No top RB's coming out??? Spiller for LSU...a beast Dixon for MSU...is a bruiser Best from Cal...is a homerun threat everytime he touches the ball Dwyer from GT...is a stud The Pats could easily get one of these, but they won't...they don't need RB.  How does that translate to wins...the team leading the league in Rushing Yards per game.... The Jets...followed by...the Titans...Panthers...Phins...wow I wished we ran more we could be up with those stud teams...
    Posted by nastee[/QUOTE]  If you can read the post it is obvious that I don't follow College football, which is why if you read the post there is a question which asks does anybody know of a back in this years draft that can help us !! We do need a productive running back !! We won Super Bowls with a strong running game !! We are too one dimentional !! The Coach needs a back he can depend on to run out the clock when we have a lead late in the game !!  
    We lost to the Colts because B.B did not have a back he could trust to gain two yards on 3rd down !!! What about that don't you understand ??? Our offense is too predictable ....The most effective way to stop the apposing linebackers from teeing  off on Brady is to have a running game they respect !!! About those other teams that you are comparing the Patriots to ??? Do you think anyone of them would run the ball as much if they had Tom Brady for a quarterback ??    wow ???? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

The Pats won Super Bowls with Antowain Smith(!). And the recieiving corps of those teams couldn't compare with this one. Save for Corey Dillon, the Pats have always been in need of a solid back, but win anyway.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nastee. Show nastee's posts

What part of my Post did you not get.  I listed 4 productive running backs that are going to be coming out this year.  Obviously you don't follow College football because you would know who the studs are this year.

If you think you know what Belichek is thinking then you're a fool.  He put the ball in the best players hands to win the game.  It didn't work out.  Big deal.  Having a quality running back doesn't guarantee anything. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]Do you even follow College football.  No top RB's coming out??? Spiller for LSU...a beast Dixon for MSU...is a bruiser Best from Cal...is a homerun threat everytime he touches the ball Dwyer from GT...is a stud The Pats could easily get one of these, but they won't...they don't need RB.  How does that translate to wins...the team leading the league in Rushing Yards per game.... The Jets...followed by...the Titans...Panthers...Phins...wow I wished we ran more we could be up with those stud teams...
    Posted by nastee[/QUOTE]

do you follow college football? spillers from clemson.  and no one is saying we will be a run first team, but without at the very least a more consistant run game, the passing game suffers.  dont crucify me for saying this, but i think maroney is young, and still has time.

however i do like the pats taking spiller, dwyer, scott, dixon.  due to his punch at the beginning of the year blount (oregon) could slip and be a steal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nastee. Show nastee's posts

So you don't like Spiller in the beginning but then like them taking Spiller in the end?  I'm lost

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]So you don't like Spiller in the beginning but then like them taking Spiller in the end?  I'm lost
    Posted by nastee[/QUOTE]

in your first post you said spillers from LSU... false. clemson. at no point do i say i dont like him.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nastee. Show nastee's posts

True.

Spiller from Clemson.

Yet you keep referring to Spillers...not sure who that is?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]True. Spiller from Clemson. Yet you keep referring to Spillers...not sure who that is?
    Posted by nastee[/QUOTE]

im so sorry i dont puctuate my internet posts like a novel...

spillers = spiller's = spiller is

spillers from clemson

make sense?... trying to call me out... at least i know where he plays haha dumba**

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

[QUOTE]What part of my Post did you not get.  I listed 4 productive running backs that are going to be coming out this year.  Obviously you don't follow College football because you would know who the studs are this year. If you think you know what Belichek is thinking then you're a fool.  He put the ball in the best players hands to win the game.  It didn't work out.  Big deal.  Having a quality running back doesn't guarantee anything. 
    Posted by nastee[/QUOTE]   Sorry I can't write in Braiile but this is the 3rd time I've told you ..I DON'T FOLLOW COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!    The point of my entire post is that he did not trust the other option, which is run the ball !!
    Having a quality running back guarentees giving the Coach 2 TWO OPTIONS  (meaning more than one ) as apposed to one !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nastee. Show nastee's posts

You've proved my point...thank you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nastee. Show nastee's posts

And I gave you 4 good RBs coming out.  So what's your problem.  I just don't agree that they need another RB.  Just because you have a running game doesn't guarantee a winning team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]You've proved my point...thank you.
    Posted by nastee[/QUOTE]

what are you talking about... your an idiot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nastee. Show nastee's posts

I'd like Gerhart in the end of the second round.  But Best at the end of Rd. 1 would be great.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nastee. Show nastee's posts

Ha...name callin...classic...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots need a productive running back to stay among the elite teams in the league : what are you talking about... your an idiot.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE] thank you ...thank you ....thank you FOWLER
    I'll take a pass ...you talk to him ......whew

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nastee. Show nastee's posts

Why because you can't have an intelligent conversation about how you're wrong. 
    The Pats don't need a new running back.

Just because you are a good productive running team doesn't guarantee you'll be winning games.

The only elite team this year with a running game is the Saints.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

[QUOTE]Why because you can't have an intelligent conversation about how you're wrong.  The Pats don't need a new running back. Just because you are a good productive running team doesn't guarantee you'll be winning games. The only elite team this year with a running game is the Saints.
    Posted by nastee[/QUOTE] You know you're right ......you're right ....you're right
     The last time I had a conversation with someone with your intelligence  I was reading books like........ "Oh said Jane look at Spot run"