Patriots Need In 2010?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyslady12. Show bradyslady12's posts

Patriots Need In 2010?????

1. oh yeah, a pass rusher, could have clay matthew's, but no trade down!!!!!!!!!!!2. Wide receiver to play across from Randy Moss, What happened to NUNN!!!!!!!!!3. Get rid of Matt Light, S. Vollmer all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!4. PLEASE RESIGN WILFORK, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!5. Get Rid of A.Thomas and D.Burrgess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!6. PLEASE GET US A NEW OFFENSIVE COODINATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!7. OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!8. PLEASE USE YOUR PICK'S THIS YEAR, AND DON'T TRADE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)9. IN B.B. WE TRUST!!!! GO PAT'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!10. WHAT AN OFF SEASON THIS WILL BE, SHOULD BE INTERESTING?????????????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Re: Patriots Need In 2010?????

1. Patriots need to use more exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I got.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

1. At least one dominant pass rusher. 
    2. A run-stopper at ILB.
    3. Offensive coordinator.
    4. Third receiver (if Welker isn't ready). If Welker is ready, Moss, Welker and Edelman might be enough, although Aiken has shown potential to be that third WR.

Personally, I think it's that simple. The Patriots had a young defense that had trouble closing games and a pass rusher especially will help that. Think about it, the Patriots were basically two plays from being 12-4. If they punt against the Colts, that game might have been a win (although you can't underestimate Manning). And if Brady doesn't throw that late pick against the Dolphins.

Of course, if Maroney doesn't fumble at the goalline in those two games, those other plays were moot.

And if they're 12-3 going into the last game, who knows what happens then.

10-6 and the first-round loss is disappointing, but I don't think this team is that far away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Please dont take this the wrong way, Im not trying to be rude, but your not bringing anything new to the table. You sound alot like some "know nothing fans" out there that scream about a pass rush and thats all we need on D. Believe me Ive been on this point for the past two and half years. AD never fulfilled anything close to his potential, when Vrabel was here he would start out strong and then fade from mid-season on, TBC's numbers are very misleading, take his two big games away and his year was just ok. Plus hes terrible against the run. So believe me this is a point Ive been hammering for awhile, but Ill ask you who do you want to get? Needless to say after the last couple of drafts(to soon to call for 09') this one is huge. Im not sold on any of the OLB's coming out this year, in fact I like Morgan the best and hes most likely to be a 43 end. This D, like this team has holes everywhere, Im always a "best available guy" and that path is perfect for us this year where we have needs at every position. Yes we need a pass rush in the form of a OLB, but Im not biting on any of them until the 2nd round. Maybe Kindle, Hughes, I think because of all the duds the past couple of years teams will be more reluctent to use a first round pick on a position that is very hard to translate from college to pros. I would have liked Matthews and Cush as well, but lets not go overboard on them. Nobody thought Matthews would have 8-9 sacks and step in so quick. I love some of the "know nothings" that use them as an arguement, but conveniently forget about Ghoulston, Jackson, Maybin, English, Ayers, Long, Lawson and alot more. So thats where I stand on that, you wanna take a Kindle, Hughes, Wooten, in the second ok, but to me their not first rounders. At 22 we can get a very good player and I think this team needs some studs on it. OLINE is no longer a question, we need help..end of story. We need help at guard and tackle, I think this years class is pretty good. Im thinking wait until the 2nd, there will be a very good player there. Cambell, Black, and Bulaga all have really good potential, I like Cambell, I think hes a good athlete that can play LT or RT. Also Mike Johnson might be a sleeper in this draft, I think he can be a very good guard in the pros. This team needs help at ILB, one of the guys I love is McClain, I think hes worth trading up a couple of spots for. Despite what some think we really need help at ILB and Spikes could fall to the second, if so he could be the steal of the draft if he lives up to his potential, he has big time ability. Safety and corner are big needs as well, Earl Thomas might be my fav. guy, reminds me alot of Eric Berry, ballhawk, can hit/tackle, and be a leader. Thomas could be there at 22, if so Id grab him. Corner is a weak position this year, but Haden looks like a sure thing, he'll prolly go around 10-15, I wouldnt have a problem with moving up 5-7 spots if we can. Weve had one corner the past 3 years that has just been abused by opposing teams, if we lock up Bodden and somehow grab Haden our secondary could be one of the best in a year or two. Again, this team just has real needs everywhere, a respectable running game would be very welcome. No team takes ours seriously and Moss has been  our only consistent scoring threat the past 3 years. A back like Spiller or Dywer could really help, both seem like guys who can handle 18-22 touches a game and both can put up 6. I also keep hearing that we need a number 3 rec, really, whos are number 2? I hate saying it, but forget about Welker for at least 2 years, hes gone for until Dec, maybe NOV at best. When he does comeback hes not going to be the same guy, its not going to happen. Even at his best teams all to happy to give us the underneath all day. The guy didnt put up 6, he just didnt get into the end zone. Im saying go big here, get Marshell before the Seahawks, 49ers, or someone else does. Like Moss, Marshell's nickname is perfect for him, the beast! He'll catch a 100 balls, gain 11-1300 yards and give you 7-10 TD's. Hes 26 in his prime and can get better. Grab him and go after Scheffler for a tight end. You remember the tight end position, big, fast guys who can actually go over the middle and make a couple of big plays, not just run one seem route and call it a day. If we step up and get those two guys are rec. corp is scary good. Moss/Marshell/Edelman and  Scheffler(luv this guy, he'll catch everything and will take any hit you throw at him) If not then there might be a couple of receivers in the draft, but they usaully take 2-3 years to really produce. Only guys I can think of that really produced their first year were Moss and Q. This is a tough O to pick up too. I like Benn(good size, nice hands, I think a good pro, could get him in 2nd rd) , Bryant is a big time playmaker with great hands , Tate is a guy I really like, reminds me of D-Jackson(I called him from the begining, his size didnt bother me at all) Tate is bigger than him and has all the same qualities except as a returner. Williams from USC has very good hands, runs very good routs and could be a good pro. Lafell is very interesting, hes a big guy who has real potential to become a playmaker. Im not sure any of these guys can be that true number one receiver, but all could be very solid pros and very good 2's. I think we can get one of these guys in the 2nd round. I think Tate, Benn, and Gilyard will all be 2nd round guys. A couple other guys that with some real potential are Shipley(lol I like him as well, this kid will be a good pro, you throw it and he'll catch and run, run, run!) Mike Williams has first round potential and could be a sleeper, Im interested who will pick him up, he'll be there at mid-late 2nd rd. Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas will also be late 2nd to mid 3rd round guys depending on their workouts. Thats about 10 receivers, this is a deep class, 3-4 of these guys have the skills to be big time playmakers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Roy you say its "simple" to fix, ok please tell me who the dom. pass rusher is cause Im missing that one? This team has holes everywhere! We need a 34 end as much as anything, linebackers make plays because of guys like Sey. and Warren. I agree that we need a ilb, McClain and Spikes to me are far more sure things than Hughes and Kindle. I like a couple of the guys that are projected at OLB, but none seem dom. at all and I wouldnt take them with our first round pick, Maybe second. Again you say its simple to fix, well what about the safety position, Merri took a huge step backwards and Bodden is a free agent, leaving Wilhite who was torched all year. Sorry but it doesnt sound like you know what your talking about, every position on this team is in need of an upgrade. Welker wont be back until late NOV, earlt DEC at best and will never be the same. So now we need a number 2 receiver. Please enlighten me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

And the whole "we could be 12-4/ 13-3" works both ways you know. We could have lost both Buffalo games and the Baltimore game. Also if Carolina had a real QB we would have lost the one too, their wideouts beat us all day. Moore was lucky to hit air, just saying that works both ways. You wanna say Indy this/that, there were about 3-4 that we could have lost easy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sydpat. Show sydpat's posts

Did anyone see David Thomas, Kyle Eckel, Randall Gay out there for the Saints today?????
    How come they can't make our team. Don't tell me their washed out or don't fit the system. 
     Heath Evans is on IR .....another former Pat.

BB has been a legend but he must let go of his own ego a bit and get older, wiser heads on staff. Appears as though he runs everything. Coaching has changed since Pats last win in the Super Bowl. Why do we always hire from "within".
    Can't agree that the younger coach can learn the system and then be promoted.
    So a linebackers coach whose results were terrible then gets the head defensive coach the next year?  Please!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Sorry, but I really dont see how any of them could us except maybe Gay. Thomas had more than a fair shot. Eckel is not an every down back and is not as good as Ben JGE who isn as good as Taylor or Morris. So keeping Eckel would have been a huge waste of a roster spot. Gay mosdef could have helped, Whilite was a rumor out there. Big play after big play he gave up, I mean he killed us this year. Theres alot of "know nothing fans" out there that think if we had a pass rush, ok thats it were fixed now. Their morons, sorry I hate soundin' like a sports snob, but as I said with Whilite, we needed big help at CB, Merri. was a huge disappointment, his tackling was putrid. And some of the angles he took were just terrible, I get a good laugh when people say dont judge him on one play, ok Ill judge him on all of his plays LOL! He took a big step backwards this year. We mosdef need help at ILB too, hopefully Mayos injuries were to blame for his play, but tackling was a problem for him as well, he also was slow getting to the POA and getting off his blocks. Backs got the edge and maybe more troubling beat him up the middle. Samething up the middle, 51 was too slow and didnt wrap up well enough.  Something else that I dont hear alot of "fans" talking about is the real need of a 34 end. I most likely would have made the Sey trade, but teams made no secret of the fact that they could and did run on his side all day. All year and all day, then the Ravens just added an exclamation point to that last week. We dont have a solid guy at the 5 technique it wont matter how good our backers are. Another thing is that I dont see a dom. pass rusher in this years draft, everyone is raving about Hughes, Wooten, Kindle, who I all like, but just dont see them as that dom pass rusher we need. I wouldnt take any of them in the first round, second, ok I'll go for it. But I think if we want a pass rusher its going to havee to come F/A or via trade. Elvis, Peppers etc. A guy Ive always liked is Dockett from Zona, he is a real good 34 end and could help solve this big problem we have.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

WASECL, I dont think its a hollywood thing, but I agree hes not the same guy he was 2-3 years ago. I hate saying it and dont think its his "effort" , but like I said somethings missing. There were about 4 games this year where after he looked like he just didnt want to be there. Especially after last week, he seemed relieved to call it a day and start fresh, at least I hope he wants to start fresh. I think we need to cut him a lil' slack too, Randy is the only consistent scoring threat, he never had "weapons" like 83 and 81 before, but he had a couple of guys he could go to. Plus teams couldnt "key" on one guy because none were true number one receivers. Why double Branch, Givens, Pattern, teams had no idea if we were going to run, screen pass, tight ends(remember them?) or hit Pattern or Givens on a post. We had the element of surprise because  our O had more than one guy. Moss will kill ya, but after him whos gonna put 6. Welker was great at catching 110 balls , but 105 of them were 10 yards away from the line of scrimmage. We need players, guys who are threats, plain and simple.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaws213. Show jaws213's posts

A new QB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

jaws213=idiot troll

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Don't foget Monty Beisel another former Patriot in the playoffs...........he was a project here and got killed against the run

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Hey Shady Lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I counted a hundred and fifty !!!!!!! points Is that how many beers you had before you posted that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LMCLAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I think i actually figured out what LMCLAO means and it seems to fit quite well!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Experts seem to think this draft is deep since everyone is trying to avoid the rookie wage scale.  The Pats are in good position just by using thier draft picks they already have.

Sections
Shortcuts