Patriots need more impact players in the skill positions of the offense to stay competitive

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Patriots need more impact players in the skill positions of the offense to stay competitive

After watching the Dolphins beat the Jets I know the up-coming Dolphin game is going to be a real difficult game for the Patriots.....We have 2 first round draft choices next year.....We need a Running Back and an Offensive Lineman either via a trade or the draft ! Maroney is a big bust along the same lines as Chad Jackson only it took us longer to realize it... I believe BJGE can take Kevin Faulk's spot when he calls it a career but we need a feature back ....We also need that 3rd receiver ....We should have a fairly high draft pick from the Raiders and our own 1rst and second round picks so hopefully we can fill our needs at those positions......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Re: Patriots need more impact players in the skill positions of the offense to stay competitive

In Response to Patriots need more impact players in the skill positions of the offense to stay competitive:
    After watching the Dolphins beat the Jets I know the up-coming Dolphin game is going to be a real difficult game for the Patriots.....We have 2 first round draft choices next year.....We need a Running Back and an Offensive Lineman either via a trade or the draft ! Maroney is a big bust along the same lines as Chad Jackson only it took us longer to realize it... I believe BJGE can take Kevin Faulk's spot when he calls it a career but we need a feature back ....We also need that 3rd receiver ....We should have a fairly high draft pick from the Raiders and our own 1rst and second round picks so hopefully we can fill our needs at those positions......
    Posted by flip781

Faulk is the best 3rd down back in football.....how can you say BJGE can replace him when you've seen him play what, 2 games?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Patriots need more impact players in the skill positions of the offense to stay competitive

I haven't seen BJGE play enough, but I've heard one reason he's not on the field is he can't pass block. I've also heard he doesn't have great hands. A third down back's primary purpose is to pass block and catch the outlet pass. BJGE may be a good guy for short yardage situations (that he's shown), and that's sometimes important on third down. But most third down plays are not third and short and third-down backs are more passing offense guys than runners. (Of course Faulk is great on a draw play, which is the usual running play on third and medium to long, and on screens which also work well from a passing formation.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I agree with your main point about the lack of offensive talent. We are weak at running back, we have two good receivers but need three or four for our passing offense to work, our tight ends are just average, our interior line is pretty good, our tackles are below average, and our hall-of-fame quarterback is a question mark all of a sudden.

This just isn't a great offense regardless of what so many thought before the season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots need more impact players in the skill positions of the offense to stay competitive:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Patriots need more impact players in the skill positions of the offense to stay competitive : Faulk is the best 3rd down back in football.....how can you say BJGE can replace him when you've seen him play what, 2 games?
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOT Didn't Daddy ever teach you to read and understand what you're reading before blurting out nonsensense ????? The post says very plainly when Faulk is ready to retire......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from imdealingwithidiots. Show imdealingwithidiots's posts

No, flip, they have one 1st rounder, and 3 2nd rounders.  You clearly have no idea what you are talking.  Law firm is also a power back and not at all in the mold of a 3rd-down KFaulk type.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Alot of problems will be addressed via the 2010 draft, but what does the Pats braintrust do before then to make this team competitive this season ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Also there seem to be some 2010 free agents the Pats could take a look at:

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=By+Team&y=2010

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots need more impact players in the skill positions of the offense to stay competitive:
    No, flip, they have one 1st rounder, and 3 2nd rounders.  You clearly have no idea what you are talking.  Law firm is also a power back and not at all in the mold of a 3rd-down KFaulk type.
    Posted by imdealingwithidiots
    That self discriptive moniker fits you !! The
    point of the post is the need for more offensive talent at the skill positions and the need to utilize the high draft picks we have addressing those needs !!! I know what I'm talking about foolish ,,,You're the one that needs adult supervision while interpreting these posts !!!!!!! Oh by the way we have two 1rst round draft choices   ours and the one we get from Oakland for Richard Seymour......or did you think they gave us two ham sandwiches for the All -Pro !!!! Every one else is an idiot ????  ha ha ha ha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

We definitely need a home run threat on offense, Randy moss is one but until Brady plays like his normal self, that home run threat is put on hold. Which leaves us no choice but to have to move the ball down field dinkin and dunkin, with Welker and our running backs.

We have to see what Brandon Tate brings to the table later on in the season, if he shows some promise maybe we dont have to use one of those top 4 picks on a receiver.

Dont forget we still dont have our outside linebackers of the future, Adalius Thomas is still good, but Tully Banta Cain, Derrick Burgess, Pierre Woods, Rob Ninkovich are not good outside linebackers in the 3-4, which ultimately is what BB wants to play but doesnt have his usual toys to play with. MIke Vrable, Mcginnest, and Colvin. When we have good outside linebackers BB is at his best.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The Pats offense is loaded with talent.  It is not talent that is lacking.  Brady is still getting back to form, and our play calling is suspect.  Brady will come around.  Whether or not our new unofficial offensive coordinator comes around is another matter.  Reiss posted on his blog a link out of Denver basically ridiculing our play calling.  That said, if Brady was back to form we would be 5-0 and not questioning the OC.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I agree with carawaydj, let's not overreact.  We are a couple of Brady overthrows from being 5-0.  

There's no doubt that a #3 receiver needs to emerge, though.  It may be wishful thinking, but I'd like to see what Tate can do when he starts practicing next week (I'm assuming he will start as soon as the PUP rules allow).  He's explosive, and has had months to learn the concepts of the offense.  It wouldn't be hard for him to be an upgrade over Galloway and Aiken, even if he is a rookie.

In terms of the running game, they definitely need a young back after the year.  For the rest of this year, though, I think that Sammy Morris is solid, BJGE runs hard, and maybe Maroney has a second half resurgence like he did in 2007.  

Quick note: BJGE will never, ever be a replacement for Kevin Faulk.  He couldn't be more opposite from Faulk as a running back.  I like him as a between the tackles power back, but definitely not as a third down back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Yup lets have a couple of high impact high salery players to blow up the cap. Good call genius

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from imdealingwithidiots. Show imdealingwithidiots's posts

Flip, you moron, the WHOLE POINT of your post was that we should add offensive talent with '2 1st rounders and our 2nd rounder' next year.

Yes, sir, you are an idiot. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

remeber, brady is coming off multiple torn ligaments in his knee.  that injury has most definetly affected his play.  look for him to rebound from week 8 and on, much like manning did last year after suffering similar injury and early season woes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Flip, you moron, the WHOLE POINT of your post was that we should add offensive talent with '2 1st rounders and our 2nd rounder' next year. Yes, sir, you are an idiot. 

Come now there is no need for us to throw childish insults at each other.  Some people might take such things seriously.  Let's be civil and talk about what a great team we have!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Flip, you moron, the WHOLE POINT of your post was that we should add offensive talent with '2 1st rounders and our 2nd rounder' next year. Yes, sir, you are an idiot. 
    like I say your name says it all ...what's the point of debating with an imbecile like yourself !! What would you do with the first and second round picks there Genius ??? Try using that cavity between your ears to
    make constructive suggestions instead of critisizing other posts like the fool that you are !!

Sections
Shortcuts