Patriots New Logo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: Patriots New Logo

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Nothing was more unique than old Pat Patriot...the elvis head was the product of a firm that did extensive market research for the NFL and thence came the recommendation...several teams have used a similar shape since...I hate it....but then again, I'm old and used.

Agreed, I have never bought a Patriot piece of merchandise without Pat on it!!!  Bring Pat back now!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I think it's supposed to be like a "pennant" flag. Or maybe a "tattered" (from battle) flag.

Just trying to shed some light on their thinking.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not trying to be a Rusty here.  The logo just doesn't make sense.  Pennants are triangles.  Tattered flags aren't shaped like that. 

See how odd it is?  It just makes no sense, unless it's supposed to be a really fast moving logo and the tail is a blur.

Concerning the flying Elvis logo...

The new logo that was introduced in 1979 was supposed to be this logo, which was the best of the other 6 logo's that were designed.  The other 6 logos were horrible looking!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6129/5980949559_c3ce07eba1_o.jpg

During the 1979 Patriots vs Chargers game at halftime the fans were able to vote, either keep the original Pat the Patriot logo or this new logo.  As you know the fans voted to keep the Pat the Patriot logo.

As we know, when Kraft bought the team the new Flying Elvis logo came out.

A college student at the time named Ken Loh who was an intern for NFL properties came up with the Flying Elvis logo based off of the 1979 logo that was voted against by the Patriots fans.  Here is the design Ken Loh first came up with.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6004/5979387152_d535ef3eae_o.png

Which eventually led to the Flying Elvis logo that we see being used now.

Answer: 

The finished design is described by Ken Loh..

"You could say my concept was loosely based on that logo, if by 'concept' you mean a profile of a soldier with a flag coming off the back of his head. But I knew I wanted it to be far more streamlined. The concept of a profile/flag is fairly generic and common, and can be interpreted many different ways."

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

Interesting.  That old one is creepy.  It makes the Flying Elvi look much cooler than it is.  The new logo is lame.  It looks like something I designed on an iPad app when I was baked.  I can't believe someone got paid to design that.  It's real vanilla.  Everyone thinks the Pats are vanilla because of BBs it is what it is attitude towards the press but they're far from it.  More like Rocky Road this season.  A lame new logo isn't going to change that, only winning will do that.  I think they have a great chance though with good health, especially TFB and Gronk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Not a great artist like TFB12 but thought I would take a shot at this.....

Which one do you prefer?????

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Another thought is getting the wind all blowing in the right direction.

Not sure it is better, but T does not follow head or A.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

Not a great artist like TFB12 but thought I would take a shot at this.....

Which one do you prefer?????

I can certainly appreciate the effort!  I am not a fan of this one as it appears that poor Pat was decapitated!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think it's supposed to be like a "pennant" flag. Or maybe a "tattered" (from battle) flag.

Just trying to shed some light on their thinking.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not trying to be a Rusty here.  The logo just doesn't make sense.  Pennants are triangles.  Tattered flags aren't shaped like that. 

See how odd it is?  It just makes no sense, unless it's supposed to be a really fast moving logo and the tail is a blur.

It's stylized artwork of a hat/flag on a head. Stylized stuff doesn't look natural. It is a symbol.

Does this really look like a falcon?

http://www.sports-logos-screensavers.com/user/Atlanta_Falcons.jpg

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's stylized artwork of a hat/flag on a head. Stylized stuff doesn't look natural. It is a symbol.

No, but it doesn't have any weird growths.

A man with a flag coming out of the back of his head is just odd.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lioneljoe. Show lioneljoe's posts

Please no Pat the Patriot! I don't mind seeing him once a year or so but to me Pat reminds me of the bad old days of when I was a kid in the 70's and 80's. LIke him or not, the FLying Elvis is the logo of our years of success.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No, but it doesn't have any weird growths.

A man with a flag coming out of the back of his head is just odd.

Very odd.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

http://gallery.costumekingdom.com/images/medialibrary/resizelarge/060B6CE499495DB26156D35F43F4262B_486w.jpg

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to lioneljoe's comment:

Please no Pat the Patriot! I don't mind seeing him once a year or so but to me Pat reminds me of the bad old days of when I was a kid in the 70's and 80's. LIke him or not, the FLying Elvis is the logo of our years of success.

They went to 2 SB's with Pat Patriot. I know they had some really putrid teams but they actually had some very good teams and talent throughout the 70's and 80's. The issue was always the orginization. Once Kraft bought the team he brought stability and consistency.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's a minor change but I like the new text... the old one was bulky and odd.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/Patriots---Layers_zps9a09d12b.jpg

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Comparing the two images above, I prefer the new version to the old.  

However, I dislike logos with human faces in them.  In my opinion logos should be more abstract.  Therefore I don't like either the old Pat Patriot logo or the new flying Elvis logo.  

Would love the Pats to come up with something more abstract that doesn't have a human face in it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Comparing the two images above, I prefer the new version to the old.  

However, I dislike logos with human faces in them.  In my opinion logos should be more abstract.  Therefore I don't like either the old Pat Patriot logo or the new flying Elvis logo.  

Would love the Pats to come up with something more abstract that doesn't have a human face in it. 

why do you dislike a human face in a logo?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

Another thought is getting the wind all blowing in the right direction.

Not sure it is better, but T does not follow head or A.

Hey Pats-bilbo, well done with your logo changes.  I agree with the one above.  If they are going to use that font then I like the little flair on the A and the T going in the same direction.

Apparently the logo change isn't going to be on any part of the uniform, it will only be used in the endzones, for now anyways.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

No, not a Hernandez joke here!

An offseason of change rages on for the New England Patriots.

This time, it has nothing to do with the team's dwindling list of pass-catchers.

The Patriots on Wednesday announced a logo change. It won't affect the helmets, but the fresh logo replaces the previous script version. You can check out the old font (on the left) and the new incarnation (to the right) above.

The updated logo features a solid blue typeface that nests above our Patriot friend, who might be happy to discover that his cap is less curvy and a tad more masculine this time around. But it doesn't matter what we think. Patriots fans, weigh in below.

Old to New

Thought they could have done better.

Hurry and start football season!

I know that Bob Kraft wants to distance himself in every way possible from A.H....but this is ridiculous! This new logo sucks! The better move would have been to bring back Pat Patriot. And, what better time to annouce his return, than the 4th of July? 

pat the patriot photo: Pat Patriot Pat_Patriot.jpg

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

I know that Bob Kraft wants to distance himself in every way possible from A.H....but this is ridiculous! This new logo sucks!

They needed a new brand because their old brand was tarnished so badly, per Ashley Fox ESPN.  LOL!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

A patriot is a human so a human face is only logical.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

The better move would have been to bring back Pat Patriot. And, what better time to annouce his return, than the 4th of July? 

How about Pat Patriot with the current team colors?

Sections
Shortcuts