Patriots New Logo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Patriots New Logo

No, not a Hernandez joke here!

An offseason of change rages on for the New England Patriots.

This time, it has nothing to do with the team's dwindling list of pass-catchers.

The Patriots on Wednesday announced a logo change. It won't affect the helmets, but the fresh logo replaces the previous script version. You can check out the old font (on the left) and the new incarnation (to the right) above.

The updated logo features a solid blue typeface that nests above our Patriot friend, who might be happy to discover that his cap is less curvy and a tad more masculine this time around. But it doesn't matter what we think. Patriots fans, weigh in below.

Old to New

Thought they could have done better.

Hurry and start football season!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Patriots New Logo

The lines at the base of "A" and "T" are odd.

I see it as an improvement, however.  The logo curling over the "P" was always disturbing to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

It's better, but not as good as it could be.

I find 90% of NFL apparel/hats/etc to have terrible to awful designs. It's like a middleschool kid from South Central Los Angeles has been doing all their work. With Nike as the new designers things have improved slightly. I know this is through the Pats orginization and probably not a product of Nike's design, however it is a step in the right direction.

Honestly I am tired of the flying Elvis, never really liked it, I say bring back the old logo or come up with something better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Old Pat Patriot on the top of the new lettering would look good

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Old one was meh. New one sucks.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Old Pat Patriot on the top of the new lettering would look good

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

Old unis make thes new abominations look bad. The flying Elvis is embarassing. Should just have the flag rather than that weird head.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Please bring back the old unis!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

This time, it has nothing to do with the team's dwindling list of pass-catchers.

The Patriots on Wednesday announced a logo change. It won't affect the helmets, but the fresh logo replaces the previous script version. You can check out the old font (on the left) and the new incarnation (to the right) above.

The updated logo features a solid blue typeface that nests above our Patriot friend, who might be happy to discover that his cap is less curvy and a tad more masculine this time around. But it doesn't matter what we think. Patriots fans, weigh in below.

Old to New

TFB, after having seen some of your work right here, they coulda used a bit of your artistic flair and consult!  Maybe next time.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Old to New

TFB, after having seen some of your work right here, they coulda used a bit of your artistic flair and consult!  Maybe next time.    

Haha, Thank you!

I remember reading on a different Pats forum a few years ago a member of the forum had some pretty good ideas on helmet and jersey changes that he sent to the Patriots.  He posted some pictures of the changes he suggested and they looked pretty cool. 

He got back a response from them say saying they have a department within the organization for these type of things and they don't take any outside suggestions.  Everyone commented on the thread saying that sounded exactly like something the Patriots would say in their response.

Classic Patriots!  Wonder if it was BB who sent the response, LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have never understood the red tail on the head.  What is it suppose to signify?  Is the head moving quickly? Is it long flowing locks of straight red hair? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I have never understood the red tail on the head.  What is it suppose to signify?  Is the head moving quickly? Is it long flowing locks of straight red hair? 

It's the stripes of the flag.

It's a hat/flag

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

Old to New

Haha, Thank you!

I remember reading on a different Pats forum a few years ago a member of the forum had some pretty good ideas on helmet and jersey changes that he sent to the Patriots.  He posted some pictures of the changes he suggested and they looked pretty cool. 

He got back a response from them say saying they have a department within the organization for these type of things and they don't take any outside suggestions.  Everyone commented on the thread saying that sounded exactly like something the Patriots would say in their response.

Classic Patriots!  Wonder if it was BB who sent the response, LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Must be the "drafting" department. The drafting sucks all around in that place. They can't draw or pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

It's a hat/flag

I can sort of understand that, but the flag is rectangle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

You and your buddies were schooled in that other thread about the drafts. BB's last 3 yielded the best young talent anywhere in the league, Diapers.

You are aware that some people come here to discuss ideas, right.  You seem to think every thread is a debate.  I'm not sure why.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

It's a hat/flag

I can sort of understand that, but the flag is rectangle.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's supposed to be like a "pennant" flag. Or maybe a "tattered" (from battle) flag.

Just trying to shed some light on their thinking.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I like it. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Dont like the pointy font. Looks classic without...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You and your buddies were schooled in that other thread about the drafts. BB's last 3 yielded the best young talent anywhere in the league, Diapers.

You are aware that some people come here to discuss ideas, right.  You seem to think every thread is a debate.  I'm not sure why.

[/QUOTE]

If you come in without your homework done, you will be blasted, especially when you give off an arrogance when you think you're correct.

You just challenged me on that BB thread on the Cassel tag topic. You had no idea BB had to risk tagging him at 16 million to even deal him.

Stop challenging those who are far more intelligent than you or know more and it won't apppear like I must bludgeon you in the thread.

It's like it's impossible for you to learn from others, all insecure, on a messageboard. 

[/QUOTE]

You don't do homework, you make things up dumbkoff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you come in without your homework done, you will be blasted, especially when you give off an arrogance when you think you're correct.

You just challenged me on that BB thread on the Cassel tag topic. You had no idea BB had to risk tagging him at 16 million to even deal him.

Stop challenging those who are far more intelligent than you or know more and it won't apppear like I must bludgeon you in the thread.

It's like it's impossible for you to learn from others, all insecure, on a messageboard. 

Is that the thread where you referred to Agle Crumpler and his six receptions as a quality signing or was it the thread in which you refered to the 16-0 Pats as using a "failed" Welker/Moss based offense?

There are so many errors in your posts, it's easy for people here to lose track.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think it's supposed to be like a "pennant" flag. Or maybe a "tattered" (from battle) flag.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not trying to be a Rusty here.  The logo just doesn't make sense.  Pennants are triangles.  Tattered flags aren't shaped like that. 

See how odd it is?  It just makes no sense, unless it's supposed to be a really fast moving logo and the tail is a blur.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

The key to the new logo is that Elvis has been demoted.  No one is above Team.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not trying to be a Rusty here.  The logo just doesn't make sense.  Pennants are triangles.  Tattered flags aren't shaped like that. 

See how odd it is?  It just makes no sense, unless it's supposed to be a really fast moving logo and the tail is a blur.

Concerning the flying Elvis logo...

The new logo that was introduced in 1979 was supposed to be this logo, which was the best of the other 6 logo's that were designed.  The other 6 logos were horrible looking!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6129/5980949559_c3ce07eba1_o.jpg

During the 1979 Patriots vs Chargers game at halftime the fans were able to vote, either keep the original Pat the Patriot logo or this new logo.  As you know the fans voted to keep the Pat the Patriot logo.

As we know, when Kraft bought the team the new Flying Elvis logo came out.

A college student at the time named Ken Loh who was an intern for NFL properties came up with the Flying Elvis logo based off of the 1979 logo that was voted against by the Patriots fans.  Here is the design Ken Loh first came up with.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6004/5979387152_d535ef3eae_o.png

Which eventually led to the Flying Elvis logo that we see being used now.

Answer: 

The finished design is described by Ken Loh..

"You could say my concept was loosely based on that logo, if by 'concept' you mean a profile of a soldier with a flag coming off the back of his head. But I knew I wanted it to be far more streamlined. The concept of a profile/flag is fairly generic and common, and can be interpreted many different ways."

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

Sections
Shortcuts