PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season

OUT Performed, Out Coach, and Not Ready to Play NFL Football.  VERY FLAT and Poor Tom Brady Looks Lost.  Let's Hope this will be the Wake-Up Call this Team Needs or this will be a very Long Season.  Surprised

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbfpatriots. Show gbfpatriots's posts

Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season

You r so right.  Not to take away all the good times NE has enjoyes over the years but I think it's time to really regroup and realize that Tom may have lost it.  Plus he may be thinking about modeling or some othr career move because he look lost and over all the team did too.  BB needs to get it together or it's going yo be a long season for those boy's.

fan since '1976'
    gfortune

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

s c r e w it! just put in Hoyer! yeah right. I am sure it didn't help Brady that O'Connell was selling him out all week. I would laugh if he now got cut.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Spolied rotten. That's what you all are. Sometimes the other team is better. Right now, the Jets are a better team. How were the Pats back in the first 2 weeks of 2001? How were they through 4 games in 2003?

2007 was an aberration. Get the f*ck over it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season:
    [QUOTE]the Jets are a better team. Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

no they outplayed the pats , and were better prepared. this a$$kicking is what the pats needed to wake up and get their game together.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : no they outplayed the pats , and were better prepared. this a$$kicking is what the pats needed to wake up and get their game together.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

No, RIGHT NOW the Jets are a better team. It's simple. The Pats got lucky against the Bills and got beat by the Jets. The Jets beat two high powered offenses in back to back weeks. In fact, didn't give up a touchdown. The standings read Jets 2-0 Pats 1-1. I go by standings, not bias. Right now, the Jets are better. Sorry, I don't like it either but it is what it is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

[QUOTE]Spolied rotten. That's what you all are. Sometimes the other team is better. Right now, the Jets are a better team. How were the Pats back in the first 2 weeks of 2001? How were they through 4 games in 2003? 2007 was an aberration. Get the f*ck over it.
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

BB doesn't get paid to construct the 2nd best team in the AFC East.

I sure Bob and Robert Kraft arn't to excited right now either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsAficionado. Show SportsAficionado's posts

[QUOTE]s c r e w it! just put in Hoyer! yeah right. I am sure it didn't help Brady that O'Connell was selling him out all week. I would laugh if he now got cut.
    Posted by Bergzilla[/QUOTE]

Not just O'Connell - don't forget that Larry Izzo is there now to assist with helping the Jets with the Patriots defensive scheme.

Rememer, there are 3 huge reasons for other teams acquire Patriot players:
    1) they get a disciplined, quality player
    2) they take a disciplined, quality player away from the Patriots
    3) they get (some) inside knowledge of either the Pats defense or offense (depending on the player's position).

This is 2 weeks in a row they've looked really bad on both sides of the ball (except the 2 final offensive drives from last week - one of which was a gift).

I have a bad feeling about this season...

The Patriots don't have the NFL weakest schedule like they've had the last 2 season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Tom is fine, they have zero balance on offensive (give one back the ball 20 times) and ultra predictable play calling. Give the man time to throw and some plays down field and he'll be back to form.

The Defense is so soft, I am beginning to doubt BB's genius when he lacks scrappers to carry it out. Apparently it was the players and not the system that made it so fierce.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : BB doesn't get paid to construct the 2nd best team in the AFC East. I sure Bob and Robert Kraft arn't to excited right now either.
    Posted by Kmax[/QUOTE]

The other guys get paid too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]The Patriots don't have the NFL weakest schedule like they've had the last 2 season.
    Posted by SportsAficionado[/QUOTE]

Really? 2007 schedule easy? Pittsburgh. Baltimore. Indy. New York. Dallas. Philly. San Diego. Cleveland (10-6). Washington.

You're right. That was an easy schedule.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsAficionado. Show SportsAficionado's posts

[QUOTE]Spolied rotten. That's what you all are. Sometimes the other team is better. Right now, the Jets are a better team. How were the Pats back in the first 2 weeks of 2001? How were they through 4 games in 2003? 2007 was an aberration. Get the f*ck over it.

Yeah, right, 2007 was an aberration.  Winning 18 games and losing by 3 points because of on a fluke play in the final game is an abberation.  We may be spoiled but let's face, you - like all others - are just JEALOUS.

How many championships does your city have in the last 8 years?  I'm listening, you Bozo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : The other guys get paid too.

Not really.  Kraft stopped that practice 3 years ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

I'm amazed how soon some Pats fans lose their minds.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3404186. Show user_3404186's posts

The fact is this year the schedules extremely tight. Apart from a tough division, they also face AFC south in which other than Jaguars all the other teams look tough. the next 2 games are against the falcons and the ravens who look like sure shot contenders. I am not saying that the PATS will collapse or anything but this will be a tough and hopefully a fun season .I guess if you look around the league this year seems to be a parity league after seeing houston taking out titans and bears taking out steelers. I guess 2007 spoilt all of us a bit. Hopefully the Pats turn it on when it really matters.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

With Falcons and Ravens coming up - you have to prepare mentally for 1 - 3 and hope (and pray) for 2 - 2.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Ready or not here it comes!!!! haha.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : Yeah, right, 2007 was an aberration.  Winning 18 games and losing by 3 points because of on a fluke play in the final game is an abberation.  We may be spoiled but let's face, you - like all others - are just JEALOUS. How many championships does your city have in the last 8 years?  I'm listening, you Bozo.
    Posted by SportsAficionado[/QUOTE]

My city? Hmm. 6.

Read the post rtard. Going undefeated is an aberration. It's happened twice in the Super Bowl era. That is what we call a statistical anomaly. I don't even understand your argument? I've been a Pats fan since Rod Rust. You need to read the post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season:
    [QUOTE]OUT Performed, Out Coach, and Not Ready to Play NFL Football.  VERY FLAT and Poor Tom Brady Looks Lost.  Let's Hope this will be the Wake-Up Call this Team Needs or this will be a very Long Season. 
    Posted by boston006[/QUOTE]

BINGO!  Thank you. Wink

They have now played 6 games (4 pre; 2 reg).  In fact, they have played from behind in most of the past two games...not Patriot's style.  How many dropped passes have tallied up?  They look horrible, simply put. Embarassed

Personally, I really wish people would stop treating this (particular) team as though they are great.  They're not; they've won nothing.  Let them get mad and work hard.  Please stop treating the '09 Patriots as though they are champions.  (They are not.)  Perhaps, this kind of swagger led to the big dabacle (i.e. Giants loss; bad end to an otherwise great season)?  I thought Pats fans were smarter than that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]  I thought Pats fans were smarter than that.
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

We're not. But you're right. What are the Pats? 1-1. Same as the Steelers, Chargers, Packers, Eagles. You have to earn it every year. That is what BB has been telling everyone for years. But no, everyone assumes that Patriots should be crowned in week 1 every year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

the jets are currently the best team in the afc east.  the pats have a few kinks to work out...

1. galloway and brady still not 100% on the same page, although its getting better
    2. defense (especially MLB) needs to buck up and play like they need to.
    3. redzone offense lacking

all of these are fixable and the pats need to keep working, thats why they practice

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I agree with you 100% Caesar1177. I'm hearing the same thing here in Pittsburgh after the Steelers were 'beaten' by 'Da Bears'. When you win alot, some fans can really get spoiled! Personally, I think the Patriots will be fine. Tom Brady doesn't look lost, just rusty! And your spark-plug, Wes Welker didn't play today. I'm used to the Steelers losing a game early and they'll probably lose a few more down the line. The main thing is to make the playoffs, and be playing your best heading into the playoffs. The Patriots and the Steelers usually end up drafting late, and some of the other teams have added some good young talent. In my case, I realize the Steelers hardly ever win by a large margin. I said sooner or later their luck would run out, and it did today! But its a long season, and I'm not going to let one loss ruin my whole season. It's going to be an interesting season!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]the jets are currently the best team in the afc east.  [/QUOTE]

Yep. They are the best team in the AFC right now. New Orleans in the NFC. But fortunately there are a couple of games left in the season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

IUn Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : Not really.  Kraft stopped that practice 3 years ago.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Wrong

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2007