PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season

In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : I agree with you 100% Caesar1177. I'm hearing the same thing here in Pittsburgh after the Steelers were 'beaten' by 'Da Bears'. [/QUOTE]

Interesting. I thought the Steelers fans were more football intelligent than us. Well, I'm sure Chargers fans are thinking the same thing. The bottom line is that, in the end, the Colts, Pats, Steelers, and Chargers will be in contention.

Plus, remember last year with the Colts. They looked AWFUL in the beginning, but still went 12-4 once Manning found his groove.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

The Pats have plenty of reason to worry.
    1. Offense: Stunk it up today. Tom Terrific was not there in body or spirit. He was dodging tacklers that were still 2-3 feet away. Why no long bombs just to keep them honest?
    2. Defense: There seems to be a trend that we cannot stop third and long when we have to....third and long!
    3. Special teams. Leon Washington's returns were sick. Our coverage was sick.
    4. Coaching: We came out in the second half and exploited nothing! Same old Same old in the second half. What was that about?
    So, Offense, Defense, Special Teams, and Coaching. Did anyone notice the cheerleaders? Did they make the trip? Did they look good? Anyone?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

[QUOTE]Spolied rotten. That's what you all are. Sometimes the other team is better. Right now, the Jets are a better team. How were the Pats back in the first 2 weeks of 2001? How were they through 4 games in 2003? 2007 was an aberration. Get the f*ck over it.
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

Not Sure What Game you were Watching but The PATS were Out Coach and Out Performed by the JEST.  I Believe the PATS are a Much better TEAM that showed Up today.  I do Hope the PATS come-back Strong next week.  Lots of Football left. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : Not Sure What Game you were Watching but The PATS were Out Coach and Out Performed by the JEST.  I Believe the PATS are a Much better TEAM that showed Up today.  I do Hope the PATS come-back Strong next week.  Lots of Football left. 
    Posted by boston006[/QUOTE]

Really? I see an 0-2 team that lucked into 1-1. They'll be there in the end, but right now they are not that good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]You r so right.  Not to take away all the good times NE has enjoyes over the years but I think it's time to really regroup and realize that Tom may have lost it.  Plus he may be thinking about modeling or some othr career move because he look lost and over all the team did too.  BB needs to get it together or it's going yo be a long season for those boy's. fan since '1976' gfortune
    Posted by gbfpatriots[/QUOTE]

And you are posting for the FIRST time today?  What were your other names?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : Interesting. I thought the Steelers fans were more football intelligent than us. Well, I'm sure Chargers fans are thinking the same thing. The bottom line is that, in the end, the Colts, Pats, Steelers, and Chargers will be in contention. Plus, remember last year with the Colts. They looked AWFUL in the beginning, but still went 12-4 once Manning found his groove.

No, there are 'The sky is falling' fans in every city! I'm sure alot of Steeler fans are crying for Tyrone Carter's head since he played terrible, filling in for Polamalu.
    Even though the Pats didn't win the Super Bowl a few years ago, it was still an amazing thing they did winning 17 in a row. Some people forget that their are two teams out there on the field, and sometimes the other team just plays better. And every team can have a bad game. Heck,  Philadelphia destroyed the Steelers last year and Ben was sacked every other play. It was a total butt-kicking. They didn't look anything like they did at the end of the year. Good point about the Colts starting out in a big-hole last year, and then Manning started clicking and they became a different team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : We're not. But you're right. What are the Pats? 1-1. Same as the Steelers, Chargers, Packers, Eagles. You have to earn it every year. That is what BB has been telling everyone for years. But no, everyone assumes that Patriots should be crowned in week 1 every year.

Caeser.. look at that list of 1 -1 teams...  Pats are one of them.  Could it be parity is here in the NFL this year?  Chicago beat the Steelers?  Ravens went into SD and won.  Did anyone think the Eagles would get embarrassed at home by the Saints?  There are fans in Pitt, SD, GB and Philly who are all sounding like Pats fans right now, wondering about their team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]Even though the Pats didn't win the Super Bowl a few years ago, it was still an amazing thing they did winning 17 in a row. Some people forget that their are two teams out there on the field, and sometimes the other team just plays better. And every team can have a bad game. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was. And it should be appreciated despite the ending. But it's almost as if Pats fans are waiting to complete that season. 2008 was supposed to be redemption, but Brady went out. So 2009 automatically has the pressure of being like 2007 so we can see them finish what they started. Thing is, as you well know, the 2005 Steelers, 2006 Colts, and 2007 Giants all weren't the championship teams they became until late in the year. To be so down and out after 2 weeks (especially after digesting the loss for a few hours) is absurd.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : Yeah, it was. And it should be appreciated despite the ending. But it's almost as if Pats fans are waiting to complete that season. 2008 was supposed to be redemption, but Brady went out. So 2009 automatically has the pressure of being like 2007 so we can see them finish what they started. Thing is, as you well know, the 2005 Steelers, 2006 Colts, and 2007 Giants all weren't the championship teams they became until late in the year. To be so down and out after 2 weeks (especially after digesting the loss for a few hours) is absurd.

Last season, there seemed to be a new number one team every week, mid-way thru the season. First the experts were picking the Giants, then the Titans, then the Steelers, and then it was the Titans again after they beat the Steelers. Look how bad things looked for the Patriots last season when the Chargers beat them on Monday Night. Most people around the NFL were certain the Patriots were done. But they fought back, fought thru all the injuries, and ended up 11-5. And they would have had just a good a chance as anybody, had they gotten into the playoffs. The Steelers just happened to be the last team standing last season.
    And who would have thought that Arizona would have made the Super Bowl after the beating you guys put on them in the snow last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

So you are not going to write of the Steelers and Patriots yet?  (laugh)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : Caeser.. look at that list of 1 -1 teams...  Pats are one of them.  Could it be parity is here in the NFL this year?  Chicago beat the Steelers?  Ravens went into SD and won.  Did anyone think the Eagles would get embarrassed at home by the Saints?  There are fans in Pitt, SD, GB and Philly who are all sounding like Pats fans right now, wondering about their team.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Maybe parity. Maybe changing of the guard. But likely just early season, teams are not gelling yet. We'll know more after London.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : Interesting. I thought the Steelers fans were more football intelligent than us. Well, I'm sure Chargers fans are thinking the same thing. The bottom line is that, in the end, the Colts, Pats, Steelers, and Chargers will be in contention. Plus, remember last year with the Colts. They looked AWFUL in the beginning, but still went 12-4 once Manning found his groove.

Manning was coming off of knee surgeries (not nearly as severe as Brady's but more recent) and the o line was also injured.  Brady will gain confidence ultimately even when pressured, but you should hope your oline holds up better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : Manning was coming off of knee surgeries (not nearly as severe as Brady's but more recent) and the o line was also injured.  Brady will gain confidence ultimately even when pressured, but you should hope your oline holds up better.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

It's not as much the o-line as it looks. We need to run the ball more consistently. Running backs need a rythym. We cut em off right when they seem to be getting that rythym.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]IUn Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : Wrong http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2007
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? 

2007:  2nd highest payroll -
    2008:  only 3 teams in entire NFL spent less
    2009:  that went down again! (Bye seymour, bye cassell, bye bruschi)

3 seasons and no more commotment from Mr Kraft.  Suddenly we have the lowest payroll.

Everyone assumed the massive pay cutting from '07 to '08 would lead to off season re-load.

No re-load.

I love Mr Kraft for turning the franchise around.  But he has gone back on his promise to invest in players every year.

And it is starting to show.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATRIOTS NOT READY for 09 NFL Season : It's not as much the o-line as it looks. We need to run the ball more consistently. Running backs need a rythym. We cut em off right when they seem to be getting that rythym.
    I agree.  I did not see the game, so I can't intelligently comment, but the stats seemed to show that the runs the pats did have were effective enough.  Avging in the 4 yds/carry neighborhood.

Sections
Shortcuts