Patriots not the only NFL team playing out the string

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Patriots not the only NFL team playing out the string

The Patriots, according to many of their socalled fans, are a terrible team and are not going to make the playoffs.  A number of other heavily favored teams have also lost a game, and we can probably eliminate them from playoff consideration too.  The Steelers, the Chargers, the Eagles, and the Packers all lost today.  I don't think the postseason is going to be very interesting this year with all these great teams already eliminated.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Patriots not the only NFL team playing out the string

In Response to Patriots not the only NFL team playing out the string:
    [QUOTE]The Patriots, according to many of their socalled fans, are a terrible team and are not going to make the playoffs.  A number of other heavily favored teams have also lost a game, and we can probably eliminate them from playoff consideration too.  The Steelers, the Chargers, the Eagles, and the Packers all lost today.  I don't think the postseason is going to be very interesting this year with all these great teams already eliminated.   
    Posted by newenglanderinexile[/QUOTE]

You'd think that, wouldn't you, given the nature of some strings started here.  Two games into the season and the consensus three teams picked to win the SB, Steelers, Chargers and Pats are all 1 - 1.  Their seasons are lost.  As I said in a discussion started today, congrats to the Jets for winning the SB!!  (-;

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots not the only NFL team playing out the string:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Patriots not the only NFL team playing out the string : You'd think that, wouldn't you, given the nature of some strings started here.  Two games into the season and the consensus three teams picked to win the SB, Steelers, Chargers and Pats are all 1 - 1.  Their seasons are lost.  As I said in a discussion started today, congrats to the Jets for winning the SB!!  (-;
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Umm, you forget future hall of famer Kyle Orton. Let's not crown the Jets until they beat the best of the west.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

Exactly. It is only the 2nd week. It really doesn't matter much in the long run what teams won and lost today. The only thing that matters is who is left standing at the end of the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

The Pats blew it with Galloway.  So at best we'll have Moss and Welker and a black hole at 3rd WR. 

And we have no playmakers on D.  Who is going to make the big pick, or force the big fumble?  No one, because we have no one capable.

So that's the difference.  Pittsburgh still has playmakers on D, we don't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats blew it with Galloway.  So at best we'll have Moss and Welker and a black hole at 3rd WR.  And we have no playmakers on D.  Who is going to make the big pick, or force the big fumble?  No one, because we have no one capable. So that's the difference.  Pittsburgh still has playmakers on D, we don't.
    Posted by John413[/QUOTE]

Edelman 8 catches for 98 yrds. That's your blackhole? Really? Wow!!

Hmm didn't the D cause a Leon Washington fumble today and give the Pats an opportunity near the Redzone that Brady did not capitalize on?

Wow Pitts has all those playmakers on D. How did they ever lose today? Oh yeah the kicker missed 2 tries. ...but shouldn't the Pitt D have made one of your so called "big" plays to save the day?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

[QUOTE]Wow Pitts has all those playmakers on D.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

I'd call Polamalu a big play maker.  Who is ours? 

How many sacks and picks do we have so far?  3 and ZERO.  Against two average teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Way too many bandwagon fans today exposing themselves.  Even if you subtract the 100 Leon threads under his names.  It's one thing to discuss perceived problems, it's another thing to just give up hope and think we are doomed this year.  

I'm pleasantly surprised by our D.  With all the new faces, I expected them to start off the season pretty rough.  That said, Atlanta will tell us if our pass defense has improved for real.  My only real concern is our QB protection.  Brady will not be able to get hit 1 in 10 pass attempts all season long.  He was hurried even more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bucksy. Show bucksy's posts

Let's not forget Indy vs. Miami tomorrow.  We need a better Defense and get playmakers. I can understand the age issue from our past veterans (Vrabel, Seymour and Bruschi) but we need a veteran presence to guide our weak defense and maybe trade for a third receiver.  We got so spoiled the last few years and now BB is trying to get younger and we are blaming him for trying to be more explosive this year.  It's like rebuilding our core all over again.  Regarding TB, he'll be back like his own self after a few games.  Go Pats!!

Sections
Shortcuts