Patriots Offense: Overrated and Pathetic in the Playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Patriots Offense: Overrated and Pathetic in the Playoffs?

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Over rated and Pathetic in the playoffs? WHAT?

Didn't they win a playoff game last weekend and looked good doing so?

Didn't they win in the playoffs last season and take the AFC title?

Bad game today, it happens.

+1.

My issue with this attitude is that people want to argue that Brady and BB are the "greatest of all-time" at their jobs. If that were the case they would stop having "bad games" with the season on the line. The last five post-seasons (Giants SB 42, Ravens in 2009, Jets in 2010, Giants SB 46, today) they were supposed to be the better team (by 9+ points in three of those games). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The pats now need to tweak the offense a bit...welker should not be signed. His money should be spent on a vertical threat who is big and can out muscle when needed. Ballard and Gronk starting te's, Hern and edelman play the slot, keep our current rb's. to me that is a more complete offense and opens the field up a bit. Keep Lloyd as a 3rd WR, let branch walk. 

The defense is a diff story...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kcox. Show Kcox's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

Over rated and Pathetic in the playoffs? WHAT?

Didn't they win a playoff game last weekend and looked good doing so?

Didn't they win in the playoffs last season and take the AFC title?

Bad game today, it happens.

+1.

My issue with this attitude is that people want to argue that Brady and BB are the "greatest of all-time" at their jobs. If that were the case they would stop having "bad games" with the season on the line. The last five post-seasons (Giants SB 42, Ravens in 2009, Jets in 2010, Giants SB 46, today) they were supposed to be the better team (by 9+ points in three of those games). 

Have to be realistic about Brady's  desire...had an open field  for 4 yards for 1st down and he took turf rather than risk contact. Also Had choice to run from the 10 and did not seem to have the 'dammit I'm getting in the end zone' will to score with his feet. credit ravens...they drove and took this one all around.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

The pats now need to tweak the offense a bit...welker should not be signed. His money should be spent on a vertical threat who is big and can out muscle when needed. Ballard and Gronk starting te's, Hern and edelman play the slot, keep our current rb's. to me that is a more complete offense and opens the field up a bit. Keep Lloyd as a 3rd WR, let branch walk. 

You just don't get it. Welker opens up all the deep stuff.  You can dink and dunk to TE's to help out but you need that Welker type player and a deep threat, not one or the other.  Man, haven't you people learned that yet?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:

Joe Flacco outplays Brady in last two AFCCG

Ravens defense owns Brady and the Offense.

Always choke in biggest games, in biggest moments!

Nobody better blame the defense for this debacle. You'd think the best offense in NFL history could score more than 13 points midway through 4th quarter against an old defense? Nobody better call Manning the choker in playoffs, seems like Brady isnt much better recently!

HIYA QUEENIE!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Whodagaff's comment:

Third down and two in the first half  Blame Brady...Blame McDaniels

hiya queenie!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

When was the last time the offense played well past the divisional round? 

I thought they played well in the 2011 AFC championship game. They won 23-20, isn't that what counts.

umm no, being honest with yourself as a fan and realise that the Pats backing into the superbowl doesn't count for them playing well.

It counts for us as fans being happy they got to the superbowl with a chance to win another one.

Those are not the same things.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:

Ravens officialy own Brady.

Recent playoff chokes of "Best Offense in NFL history"

2007 SB against Giants

2009 wild card against Ravens

2010 against Jets

2011 against Giants in SB

2012 against Ravens in AFCCG

How many of the games above can you blame on the defense?  At most one, if that. (2009 against Ravens)  In all other games the offense simply choked.

Simply pathetic and embarassing to see this group of mental midgets today.

hey Queenie do the opponents get any credit or is it all failure by brady?

i mean silly me i thouhgt the ravens and giants were pretty good teams with tough Defenses

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The patriots have tried teh exact same thing SIX straight seasons and lost. 

I'm betting that Robert Kraft tees up the same plan AND BELLICHECK DOES THE EXACT SAME THING AGAIN NEXT YEAR - and they fail again.

They desperately need a new Coach.

It's really obvious - but no one at Patriot Place wants to do it because BB is a Hall of Fame coach with a tremendous record.  (So was chuck noll and the steelers wasted 1980 - 1992 clinging to Noll and past glories).

They need FRESH ideas from a FRESH coach.

If Brady doesn't like that - too bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

I'm betting that Robert Kraft tees up the same plan AND BELLICHECK DOES THE EXACT SAME THING AGAIN NEXT YEAR - and they fail again.

It's really obvious - but no one at Patriot Place wants to do it because BB is a Hall of Fame coach with a tremendous record.  (So was chuck noll and the steelers wasted 1980 - 1992 clinging to Noll and past glories).

Says the armchair owner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

do you ever have anything good to say and not in that wanna be bad a** tone, general patton? sheesh...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

do you ever have anything good to say and not in that wanna be bad a** tone, general patton? sheesh...

He's one of the biggest negative nancies on this board. I rarely ever see him post something positive about this team.

For once, I agree with you Jints.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

You just don't get it. Welker opens up all the deep stuff.  You can dink and dunk to TE's to help out but you need that Welker type player and a deep threat, not one or the other.  Man, haven't you people learned that yet?

What deep stuff? You act like we have a deep game. We can't afford a legit deep threat, welker and our 2 te's. something has to give. How many short field receivers do you need on one team? No doubt welker is the best slot WR in the league, but my feeling is we have too much money tied up in the short game and no deep threats on this roster to speak of.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

You are looking for posts on all the positives from today's game?

Sections
Shortcuts