Patriots offense will be fine.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Patriots offense will be fine.

The media is spinning the arrest/release of Hernandez as a devastating blow to our offense this coming season.  Many of you will probably call me a "homer" or "kool-aid drinker" for disagreeing, but I think we will score more than enough points to win games this year.  Remember, Hernandez missed a handful of games last year with his bum shoulder, and we averaged over 42 pts per contest in his absence!  I think we will see our offense sputter a bit for the first month or so of the season while Brady and his young weapons develop chemistry, but fortunantely we open up with Bills, Jets, & Bucs so we will have a great shot at beating those teams even if we aren't firing on all cylinders offensively right out of the chute.  Also,  our running attack will be much improved this year and I think that Brady/McDaniels will be able to devise a prolific play-action attack because of the stronger ground game.   One more thing, the 2 TE set isn't dead, folks.  Gronk is still the best in the buisness, and I expect him back and better than ever after Week 6 at the latest, and likely sooner.  One of Ballard/Fells/Hooman/Sudfeld will emerge as a very good #2 TE and we'll still have a ton of production from our TEs.  Look for some of the young play-makers on our team, like Vereen, Boyce, Dobson, and maybe even Sudfeld or Harrison to step up and become key contributers this season.  Our OL is still very good, and it all starts there anyway.  If we have reasonable health (isn't that the key for every team?) then I have no doubt that we will be just as prolific as ever offensively by the mid-point of the season.  I also believe that we will be better suited than ever to suceed in the playoffs with a stronger run game.  Vegas agrees, too.  As of this morning, vegasinsider.com has NE as the odds-on favorite to win the SB at 5/1.  The Hernandez deal was a tragedy on many levels, but the Pats won't let it ruin their season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Re: Patriots offense will be fine.

I agree for the most part.  There are some question marks that will need to get answered, and losing Hern is a big blow as he was our most dynamic, diverse, and hard to matchup against player.  However, we still have Brady, a great stable of backs, Gronk when he returns, and I'm sure a surprise or two will shake out of the numerous wide receivers.  We'll be ok, and we have a stronger defense to look forward to as well. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Agreed.  All we need is Brady and we have the best offense in the NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

"As of this morning, vegasinsider.com has NE as the odds-on favorite to win the SB at 5/1. "

Haven't they consulted our resident Trolls? According to them we'll be lucky to win 8 games this year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think it will be a fun season.  The system is good and the QB is amazing. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The system is good and the QB is amazing. 

Except in the postseason. Tim Thomas didn't lay an egg in 2011. Brady lays eggs in his preferred shotgun spread finesse system every January.

Just watch a scaled back traditional offense make Brady be a better QB than he has bee in years, or the closest being 2010 once BB dealt Moss. Just watch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Except in the postseason. Tim Thomas didn't lay an egg in 2011. Brady lays eggs in his preferred shotgun spread finesse system every January.

I just hope BB is reading your solution nutjob. Clearly you have this down pat and the guy you call the greatest coach of all-time just doesn't understand the game like you do. Imbecile.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I just hope BB is reading your solution nutjob. Clearly you have this down pat and the guy you call the greatest coach of all-time just doesn't understand the game like you do. Imbecile.

This from the guy who doesn't agree with name-calling.

Tsk, tsk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Good points all around. Rusty kind of eluded to it, but I bet Brady will take the media's dobout about our offense as a major challenge. He will want to show everyone that he can score points with or without Welker and Hernandez. McD has a chance to really put a gold star on his résumé too if he can keep the system flowing. BB and the rest of the Pats will take this offseason turmoil as a challenge and use it a a chip on the shoulder going into the season.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Just watch a scaled back traditional offense make Brady be a better QB than he has bee in years, or the closest being 2010 once BB dealt Moss. Just watch.

With all of the negativity surrounding the team, this guy starts a positive thread and you take it as an opportunity to bash the QB.

However, it really would be nice if the coach and/or GM could control the team better.  It's sad to see the legacy of such an amazing man like Bill Belichick get pushed around by the QB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

Tsk, tsk.

As I have said, Rusty is fair game, 24/7/365.

Why does it concern you so? I haven't called you names.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

With all of the negativity surrounding the team, this guy starts a positive thread and you take it as an opportunity to bash the QB.

If you were talking about the Dow Jones it would be an opportunity for the nutjob to bash the greatest Patriot player ever.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Tsk, tsk.

As I have said, Rusty is fair game, 24/7/365.

Why does it concern you so? I haven't called you names.

You called me Rusty. Surprised

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Tsk, tsk.

He's one of the lead hypocrites here.

This coming from a wackjob who claims the greatest coach of all-time can't control his OC or QB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Don't say "Brady is amazing" when his AFC title games since 2007 and SBs have been AWFUL or mediocre.

Was his 2007 SB awful or mediocre bonehead?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

And..... that has to do with what?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

And..... that has to do with what?

Nothing. With the exception of you being as wrong as you can possibly be. Something you should be getting very used to by now.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts