Patriots offense will be fine.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Patriots offense will be fine.

In response to NedBraden's comment:

Any legit NFL fan knows it's points allowed not yards allowed. We go by scores not yards.

More nonsense from a simple minded twit. Yards matter as well dumbkoff. As they have mattered for some time now because we have a D that just can't get off the field.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Maybe because he feels Brady being comfortable in it will eventually pay off?  It almost did in SB 42, but Brady and his buddy Welker crapped their pants. What do you want BB to do, change their diapers, too?

Not the point.

If the shotgun that Brady insists upon is such a problem, wouldn't Belichick recognize this?

If the shotgun that Brady insists upon is such a problem, why doesn't Belichick stop it?

If the shotgun that Brady insists upon is such a problem, why can't Belichick stop it?

He has. He can. I asked this board repeatedly why BB called a timeout in Week 4 in Oakland on the 1st drive with Brady in the shotgun spread.  No one answered WHO called the timeout. It was BB.

The fact is, he can't be calling timeouts or constantly over-ruling McDaniels and Brady as they call games un unison. Once the gameplan is drawn up, that's what they go with in the first half.

But, of course BB can jump in. I would agree he hasn't been more aggressive in stepping in or making mistakes in deferring/catering too much to Brady in gameplans for what he feels comfortable in doing. I think thats over.  This is what I am saying. BUt, if my biggest complaint is the coach not being an aggressive micro-manager, then I am pretty sure I can live with that because I don't want him to be.  Shame on BB for trusting Brady.  Shame on him!  lmao

You and your new allies here, our irrationals BBWs, would like to watch another playoffs of BB deferring to what Brady prefers, but I don't.   I cannot watch another finesse approach where they never really get a run established.   This past AFC title game istn't the best example but the INT and the fumble on top of that 3rd and 7 Welker drop, sort of all reflect how much can go wrong if you aren't executing in that offense to Grade A perfection.

Oh just stifle it numbnuts. We've posted links proving BB has the final say on every offensive call. If he wanted to stop too much passing he could stop it. If he didn't want so much shotgun he could stop that too.

It's an insult to the intelligence of every poster and reader of this board that you try to sell this COMPLETE BS snake oil that BB is helpless to stop Brady and his coordinators from passing so much or running the spread. No coach is more assertive than BB.

He could just scream, "HEY A*******, DON"T THROW SO F****** MUCH!!!

Or do you think he is incapable of that dumbkoff?

You really need medical help.

More namecalling from Babe. After excessive abuse of the board and not following the rules here for years and never being banned, but promising to leave for good (and not doing it), will Babe finally be banned for clear board violations?

[/QUOTE]

^^^^ Doesn't respond the the bludgeoning about the facts he just received. Typical.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

I think the Patriots will be "fine" offensively too but with a healthy Gronk and a healthy Hernandez they were potentially devastating. Take this from an opponent. Someone who wants to beat the Patriots. I'm less nervous about the Patriots now than I was before. If healthy, I thought Gronk and Hernandez not only were dynamite but possibly changed the game of football. {They were that talented in conjunction with Brady and utilizing the Patriot system.} Aaron Hernandez was a heck of a football player not only as a tight end but in the other things he could do {and also because of those things..........the mind games that played with the defense opening OTHER THINGS up.} I'm sure the Patriots will be fine offensively. No doubt. They will not be as good without Hernandez though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Good points all around. Rusty kind of eluded to it, but I bet Brady will take the media's dobout about our offense as a major challenge. He will want to show everyone that he can score points with or without Welker and Hernandez. McD has a chance to really put a gold star on his résumé too if he can keep the system flowing. BB and the rest of the Pats will take this offseason turmoil as a challenge and use it a a chip on the shoulder going into the season.

Funny thing is that many of the posters here who are so concerned about the offense were also happy the team got rid of butterfingers WW.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How about this?  Maybe if they gave Maroney more than 14 carries in SB 42 and didn't sub him, the 14 points Brady barely eeked out throwing 46 times, there would have been far less clock for NY to use at the end?

This is a very good point.  I apologize for using Maroney as the scapegoat as it's clear it was the coach's fault for not using him enough.

Belichick choked.

End of thread?  LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

match ups matter.  what works in one game won't necessarily work in another.  rusty doesn't seem to understand this.  the giants give the pats so much trouble because their d line beats our oline.  it has very little to do with playcalling or brady's throws.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This is a very good point.  I apologize for using Maroney as the scapegoat as it's clear it was the coach's fault for not using him enough.

Belichick choked.

End of thread?  LOL

NAS - what the hell are you doing over here in the Patriots forum?

Are you annoying the bejesus out of our nice neighbors?

Shouldn't you be back over in the Bruins forum annoying the beejesus out of our own people?

There are plenty of nasty remarks you can make to people back where you belong.

So come home now.

---> Sorry Patriots people.  Sometimes he gets out when no one is watching.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

For those that think the pats offense will just hum along, I don't believe so, especially without Gronk on the field. Yes, we scored 42 without Hernandez, but we also had welker, Gronk and Lloyd. 

The loss of Hernandez is devastating, in that it forces us to do things differently. No one on this roster in the TE group is close to Hernandez skill set. Couple that with Gronk and as the other team fan said, it changes the game of football. Missing one, we get by. Missing both plus welker and Lloyd will be an uphill battle for sure.

if the defense can get out of the gate fast, not wait until November to start playing well, they may be able to compensate for the offense until they get comfortable . To me, thinking the pats will put up points the way they have in the recent past is nieve, at least in the early part,of the season. It's time the defense carried this team early On in the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

How about this?  Maybe if they gave Maroney more than 14 carries in SB 42 and didn't sub him, the 14 points Brady barely eeked out throwing 46 times, there would have been far less clock for NY to use at the end?

Belichick choked.

End of thread?  LOL

[/QUOTE]

No no no. It's the Brady, OB, McD, Goodell, zebras, media conspiracy that did it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

Belichick choked.

End of thread?  LOL

Shouldn't you be back over in the Bruins forum annoying the beejesus out of our own people?

So come home now.

[/QUOTE]

Wondered why he had 15k posts but I hardly ever see him here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am pretty sure Brady in a cocky way wondering why Plaxico Burress thought all we'd score is 14 points, and that thug actually being correct, is why we lost.   And, a miracle helmet catch. Can't forget about that circumstance.

Try again.

The greatest offensive season by an offense ever, barely eeks out 14 points and you want to blame the execution of that on Bill Belichick.  Classic.  Stick to tiddlywinks and how you think you know hockey, too.  Funny stuff.

One of my favorite parts of reading and writing at the BDC forums is when you are so painted into a corner, you climb the wall and try to jump out the window.

Tell me, please:  Why didn't Belichick have the Pats run the ball more?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

So come home now.

LMAO! He's fine. He fits right in with the "Belichick is a poor GM" crowd.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Well, that is a rosy assessment Wazzu. 

I think a lot of it has to do with Gronk's health, Amendola's health/development, and one or two of the other guys stepping up, but still. 

NE shed all of it's WRs, and people still thought they'd be fine. I'm guessing, a lot of the people saying this would think NE would be fine if Gronk had to sit the whole year too. Most of those people are perennial optimists (which is fine) while others have an axe to grind.

Losing a player like Hernandez, coupled with coming into the season with a bunch of WRs who are either unproven in the NFL or are unproven this system has to have some effect? Right?

No effect? None? They won't skip a beat? Or are you saying they will still be good enough even if slightly diminished?

At some point, losing talent catches up with you. So in my mind it all depends on what they put back in. Do they get a contributor at TE? If Ballard is healthy, does his blocking ability offset the fact that he isn't as gifted a receiving threat as Hernandez? Can Sudfeld translate his top-notch athleticism into a new dynamic bookend threat opposite Gronkowski?

Do one of the WR's step up and take some pressure off? Do Dobson or Boyce make an early impact? Perhaps Donald Jones is a diamond in the rough? 

Can Amendola and Gronk be healthy? Can Amendola work the slot as well as Welker?

As far as the running game being "stronger" ... pass the salt please ... we heard that all last season, numerically it was a little bit, but it didn't make a difference when they tugged the rock 28 times in 3.5 quarters at Baltimore ... and then Baltimore smacked NE's runner in the mouth and took the ball and lead away in a three minute sequence leaving NE's offense scrambling to catch up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The media is spinning the arrest/release of Hernandez as a devastating blow to our offense this coming season.  Many of you will probably call me a "homer" or "kool-aid drinker" for disagreeing, but I think we will score more than enough points to win games this year.  Remember, Hernandez missed a handful of games last year with his bum shoulder, and we averaged over 42 pts per contest in his absence!  I think we will see our offense sputter a bit for the first month or so of the season while Brady and his young weapons develop chemistry, but fortunantely we open up with Bills, Jets, & Bucs so we will have a great shot at beating those teams even if we aren't firing on all cylinders offensively right out of the chute.  Also,  our running attack will be much improved this year and I think that Brady/McDaniels will be able to devise a prolific play-action attack because of the stronger ground game.   One more thing, the 2 TE set isn't dead, folks.  Gronk is still the best in the buisness, and I expect him back and better than ever after Week 6 at the latest, and likely sooner.  One of Ballard/Fells/Hooman/Sudfeld will emerge as a very good #2 TE and we'll still have a ton of production from our TEs.  Look for some of the young play-makers on our team, like Vereen, Boyce, Dobson, and maybe even Sudfeld or Harrison to step up and become key contributers this season.  Our OL is still very good, and it all starts there anyway.  If we have reasonable health (isn't that the key for every team?) then I have no doubt that we will be just as prolific as ever offensively by the mid-point of the season.  I also believe that we will be better suited than ever to suceed in the playoffs with a stronger run game.  Vegas agrees, too.  As of this morning, vegasinsider.com has NE as the odds-on favorite to win the SB at 5/1.  The Hernandez deal was a tragedy on many levels, but the Pats won't let it ruin their season.

For as long as BB is at the helm, the PATRIOTS will be there. No matter the QB, no matter the matter. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

The media is spinning the arrest/release of Hernandez as a devastating blow to our offense this coming season.  Many of you will probably call me a "homer" or "kool-aid drinker" for disagreeing, but I think we will score more than enough points to win games this year.  Remember, Hernandez missed a handful of games last year with his bum shoulder, and we averaged over 42 pts per contest in his absence!  I think we will see our offense sputter a bit for the first month or so of the season while Brady and his young weapons develop chemistry, but fortunantely we open up with Bills, Jets, & Bucs so we will have a great shot at beating those teams even if we aren't firing on all cylinders offensively right out of the chute.  Also,  our running attack will be much improved this year and I think that Brady/McDaniels will be able to devise a prolific play-action attack because of the stronger ground game.   One more thing, the 2 TE set isn't dead, folks.  Gronk is still the best in the buisness, and I expect him back and better than ever after Week 6 at the latest, and likely sooner.  One of Ballard/Fells/Hooman/Sudfeld will emerge as a very good #2 TE and we'll still have a ton of production from our TEs.  Look for some of the young play-makers on our team, like Vereen, Boyce, Dobson, and maybe even Sudfeld or Harrison to step up and become key contributers this season.  Our OL is still very good, and it all starts there anyway.  If we have reasonable health (isn't that the key for every team?) then I have no doubt that we will be just as prolific as ever offensively by the mid-point of the season.  I also believe that we will be better suited than ever to suceed in the playoffs with a stronger run game.  Vegas agrees, too.  As of this morning, vegasinsider.com has NE as the odds-on favorite to win the SB at 5/1.  The Hernandez deal was a tragedy on many levels, but the Pats won't let it ruin their season.

For as long as BB is at the helm, the PATRIOTS will be there. No matter the QB, no matter the matter. 

[/QUOTE]

Except for those two years that Brady wasn't NE's quarterback and NE didn't go to the playoffs. The Patriots weren't "there" in those seasons. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Oh jeeze!

Anyone who thinks this O is just going to "hum along", needs to get their koolaid checked for ketamine.

LQQk at the roster, people!

Not ONE returning starting WR or TE from the #1 offense.  NOT ONE!

A few 3/4 receivers that were dumped by lesser teams

2 rookies that are injured and reportedly FAR behind.  Did I mention they are rookies?

A slot receiver who was the teams second choice, because he is prone to being more absent than not.

Hope ST can score a lot of points with Edelman and Slater and ghost  (who lost them games last year)

Whoman?  Fells?  Ballard who is making an impression in camp for all the wrong reasons and may very well get beat out by a guy that's had 7 surgeries, which isn't much more than GRonk.  (who might never be Gronk again)

Oh, and a QB, who according to some, has sucked since 2004/05, with awesome receivers that other teams drool over.  lol  Who the hel1 is drooling now?  The other teams?

Last years O had their problems but it worked because most of them played together for 3 years., not 3 weeks.

RB's that can't punch it in from the 1 and when they tried to feature them, resulted in low scoring games.

A defense who can't get off the field and whose only claim to fame is interceptions when the O has afforded them a 3 score lead.  Don't think they'll be many of those in the near future.

Ya, every thing is just peachy.  If you drink peach flavored koolaid, laced with hallucinogens and drugs that render you unconscious, that is.

Really, really hope I'm wrong.....just not feeling it.  Wish I was.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Oh jeeze!

Anyone who thinks this O is just going to "hum along", needs to get their koolaid checked for ketamine.

2 rookies that are injured and reportedly FAR behind.  Did I mention they are rookies?

A slot receiver who was the teams second choice, because he is prone to being more absent than not.

Hope ST can score a lot of points with Edelman and Slater and ghost  (who lost them games last year)

Whoman?  Fells?  Ballard who is making an impression in camp for all the wrong reasons and may very well get beat out by a guy that's had 7 surgeries, which isn't much more than GRonk.  (who might never be Gronk again)

Oh, and a QB, who according to some, has sucked since 2004/05, with awesome receivers that other teams drool over.  lol  Who the hel1 is drooling now?  The other teams?

Last years O had their problems but it worked because most of them played together for 3 years., not 3 weeks.

RB's that can't punch it in from the 1 and when they tried to feature them, resulted in low scoring games.

A defense who can't get off the field and whose only claim to fame is interceptions when the O has afforded them a 3 score lead.  Don't think they'll be many of those in the near future.

Ya, every thing is just peachy.  If you drink peach flavored koolaid, laced with hallucinogens and drugs that render you unconscious, that is.

Pezz, there is a difference between people being optimistic, people being sensisble and people who are in denial, or have an axe to grind.

I think what some people are saying is that, while AH is a loss of talent, other people will be able to contribute to pick up the slack. What others are saying is that, while he is a loss of talent, NE will still be good without him, even if they are slightly diminished. 

I can only think of a couple people *actually* saying that Hernandez is no great loss, coming into the season with nearly zero system experience at WR is no big deal, and NE should just hum along. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Except for those two years that Brady wasn't NE's quarterback and NE didn't go to the playoffs. The Patriots weren't "there" in those seasons. 

[/QUOTE]

I said this today. It only applies to today forward. Watch. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

Oh jeeze!

Pezz, there is a difference between people being optimistic, people being sensisble and people who are in denial, or have an axe to grind.

I think what some people are saying is that, while AH is a loss of talent, other people will be able to contribute to pick up the slack. What others are saying is that, while he is a loss of talent, NE will still be good without him, even if they are slightly diminished. 

I can only think of a couple people *actually* saying that Hernandez is no great loss, coming into the season with nearly zero system experience at WR is no big deal, and NE should just hum along. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, I understand people have differing views.  Believe it or not, I am still optimistic as far as hoping for the best but expecting the worst, is optimistic.  I have to be.  I am a fan.

I just believe the team is going to have to rely more on the D this year which is scary as they haven't been able to for years.  Perhaps we will be surprised.  It was that way, long ago.  I'm just not counting on it.

I understand motivation, playing with a chip on your shoulder, coaching and a great QB help.

It's just that sometimes TALENT is needed.  Not seeing a whole lot of it right now and that was before the Hernandez mess.  That was just the icing or the nail in the coffin, which ever you prefer.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Leave it to you to think arguably the best OL or RBs in the NFL at this point, one of the better TE groups with Gronk, Ballard, etc, is somehow "no talent".

The only question is depth at WR.   You had no idea who Wes Welker was in the spring of 2007, you fraud.

Gronk: Hurt

Ballard:  4 career TDs

If that's one of the better TE groups, the rest of the league must absolutely suck.

The best running backs are on the Patriots?  Are we still talking about the New England Patriots or is this a different league taking over the discussion?  (I've read your statement many times and I think that's what you mean.  If you didn't mean that when you wrote "best OL or RBs in the NFL at this point", then I apologize.)