Patriot's Offensive Line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Patriot's Offensive Line

It is the scheme more than the personal IMO, they give a ton of different looks and count on overloading a side to get pressure.  Put more blitzers than there are people to block them.

Alge will make his money this week for sure and so will Gronk.  As I posted, spread offense will be used.  The more receivers you have on the field the more DBs the Jets have to use making their strength be on the sideline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Agreed. Especially with the TEs helping out. The DeVito side with Taylor should be open season with the run game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Patriot's Offensive Line:
    [QUOTE]The Patriot's O Line will control this game.  I don't think the Jet's have a better Defensive front than the Bengals have so I expect our O Line to give Brady plenty of time to spread the ball to his receivers and dink and dunk and keep the chains moving and the clock running.
    Posted by Clay73[/QUOTE]

I think we're going to run a lot of plays where Brady gets rid of the ball in a hurry. Bubble screens, slants and dump offs to the RB. The Jets  send the house on a regular basis and their general philosophy is to send more blitzers than the other team can block. Brady, on the other hand already looks more insync than he did all of last year. With the playmakers we have at TE and WR we should be able to exploit the Jets and rip off a few big plays if and when they get over aggressive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Lots of chipping from Crump and Gronk and maybe peeling out into the flat.

One wildcard in all of this is the crowd noise. No doubt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot's Offensive Line:
    [QUOTE]It is the scheme more than the personal IMO, they give a ton of different looks and count on overloading a side to get pressure.  Put more blitzers than there are people to block them. Alge will make his money this week for sure and so will Gronk.  As I posted, spread offense will be used.  The more receivers you have on the field the more DBs the Jets have to use making their strength be on the sideline.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

The scheme did not give Tom all the time he had to throw vs the Bengals.  It was the work of the O-Line.  Granted the spread Offense is great but if Tom gets knocked on his azz early the scheme is worthless.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]The Patriot's O Line will control this game.  I don't think the Jet's have a better Defensive front than the Bengals have so I expect our O Line to give Brady plenty of time to spread the ball to his receivers and dink and dunk and keep the chains moving and the clock running.
    Posted by Clay73[/QUOTE]
    the Jets will send any player from any position to put pressure on the QB. The Pats will need the RB's/TE's to step up and help out. The Pats/Brady will have trouble if they dont recognize that the Jets are sending 6 to rush and the Pats have only 5 blockers. The other big concern for the Pats OL is if a starter needs to be replaced. The back up OL are a big drop off from the starters.
    With Jenkins out expect to see a lot of draw plays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Posted by Clay73[/QUOTE]
    The Bengals 1st half scheme versus the Pats was a 3 man push against 5 or 6 blockers. They added 1 pass rusher in the 2nd half. Too vanilla. Think the Jets will bring a lot of chocolate and swirls to make it more difficult to block them. Bengals a little overrated. Pats need to strap on their helmets in this one. Jets will be bringing the kitchen sink at them. TEs and backs need to pick up everything to keep TB vertical. Most importantly keep him from being injured. He goes down, the season goes down into the drink as far as SB hopes are concerned. Good luck to the Pats this weekend.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Best bet, is atleast make the Jets think you are gonna run the ball, I dont care how many weapons you have, a one dimensional offense is not effective, and may get u some yards, but it could also get Brady killed, I think coming out in that big 3 TE set, wouldnt hurt either, this way, yu bring out the base personell, not 4 safeties and CB's, and then you play fake, and let the TE's get behind the LB's that will surely bite up on the fake,(regardless of if we have a run game) and allow completions to guys w/ minimal pressure, as well as take pressure off of Welker to catch every ball, if Edleman doesnt play, the Jets may employ the strategy of doubling Wes, and letting Revis take away Moss, Its imperitive you get these TE's invloved, cuz like B.B. say, if you leave em all in to block, all the LB's are coming...so I say come out Heavy and playaction, and also spread em out n find the open man....by the 4th quarter we may get some yards on the ground from a worn out defense to close the game...
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]
    I'm curious as to whether a 3 TE set with the Jets dogging will eliminate them from the passing scheme. Someone could be freed up if a back is helping out. 3 step drops by TB can hopefully slow down that bull rush onslaught by the Jets. This is where brains needs to prevail over brawn. BB is not so stupid as to go toe to toe with these guys.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

At last a football thread.

The key will be can the Pats defeat the Jets' blitz packages.  From what I understand, Brady has to recognize where the pressure is coming from and call the appropriate play at the line of scrimmage.  If the Pats can get big plays while the Jets are blitzing, the Jets will have to back off.

From the Ravens game the other night, the weakest link in the Jets' secondary is the rookie Kyle Wilson.  Creating a mismatch against him would seem to be a priority.  

If the Jets can put pressure on Brady with only four rushers it could be a long afternoon. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

Brady should do a better job of reading the defense then Flacco did.  This should allow him to find Welker / Edleman in the soft spots.  As mentioned above, the TEs will have a big night blocking and receiving screens and bubble passes. 

I wonder if Steve Maneri will see any action.  He was considered the best blocking TE in the draft.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Patriot's Offensive Line : the Jets will send any player from any position to put pressure on the QB. The Pats will need the RB's/TE's to step up and help out. The Pats/Brady will have trouble if they dont recognize that the Jets are sending 6 to rush and the Pats have only 5 blockers. The other big concern for the Pats OL is if a starter needs to be replaced. The back up OL are a big drop off from the starters. With Jenkins out expect to see a lot of draw plays.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

The Patriots O Line did a great job getting all the blitz packages picked up which the Bengals threw at them on Sunday.

Having Logan out does hurt with the issue of lack of quality depth for certain.

Sections
Shortcuts