Patriots: On the front burner

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: As I've been telling you

Funny how Jet maggot picks the one position or best player on the Jets team to make a point about something.  Last I checked football is a team sport and the Patriots are a better team then the Jets.  But if he really wanted to go there player by player, position by position the Patriots would be so much better that it would be embarrassing as a jets fan.

I don't get some of these trolls?  Are they really this dumb or do they really need attention this badly?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you:
    In response to "Re: As I've been telling you": Can't argue with the numbers here. It's too bad about Sant Clause, I always thought he could have been a star if drugs hadn't derailed his career.
    Posted by shenanigan

It certainly is-  Personally though, I NEVER thought Santa would veer into the Top 5 worst of the worst considerations...but, psssh- Just try to tell that to GangGreen Nation.com, whom DID this objectively thorough & independantly accurate analysis that I provided link-free for everyone's !d!ot!c viewing pleasure (per-sonally, I think the Jets are just mad that Santa slighted them in free agency back in the day, after he chose to play in Jacksonville for nickels and dimes rather than sign on as a New York jet). 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : I remember that play.  Oh, the injustice.  But I'll add this.  When you CB is one of your leading tacklers, you've got some problems.  One may be that your run D is so awful that your CBs are making the tackle 15 yards down field or your CB is so bad that his guys are catching enough balls where he has many tackle opportunities.  Through rose colored glasses, he sure was a decent tackler.
    Posted by JetMangione

Yup, the Pats did have the 31st ranked pass defense last year, which led to their db's making a lot of tackles. They still made it to the playoffs (Jets did not) and the Superbowl (Jets have not sniffed that game in 44 years). Its wonderful that you have two highly rated cb's, even though you forget to mention your teams defense gave up more points than the Patriots (which proves the Pats defense is better). And when you add  that to ending the season with only three straight losses and having a record of 8-8, you should definitely consider it an up year for your team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Too bad those top rated CB's didn't stop Brady from dropping 650 yards and 2 ratings over 100 on New Jersey last season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: As I've been telling you":
    I guess it's only fair to post the top 10.  What's not fair is for one team to have the #1 and #6 CB in the NFL.   Joe Haden sure is better than I thought.  I guess by just having one decent corner you can have a pass D that isn't near the bottom of the NFL. 1 Darrelle Revis NYJ 85 35 41.2 2 Ike Taylor PIT 96 40 41.7 3 Brent Grimes ATL 56 25 44.6 4 Chris Gamble CAR 60 27 45.0 5 Sheldon Brown CLV 76 35 46.1 6 Antonio Cromartie NYJ 84 39 46.4 7 Richard Sherman SEA 84 39 46.4 8 Asante Samuel PHI 61 29 47.5 9 Joe Haden CLV 85 42 49.4 10 Brandon Carr KC 79 39 49.4 Posted by JetMangione
    That's pretty good, I'll bet nobody could score on them. Do you have those scoring ranking for defenses? Jets must have been way at the top, I'll bet they were a lot better than the Patriots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to "Re: As I've been telling you": That's pretty good, I'll bet nobody could score on them. Do you have those scoring ranking for defenses? Jets must have been way at the top, I'll bet they were a lot better than the Patriots.
    Posted by shenanigan

Look, with that sorta sheer FORCE in NY's secondary...I'll tell'ya, I'm just gonna go on record right here & now, And GUARENTEE A New York Jets Superbowl trophy for 2013...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

On another note, HowInTH do you actual spell "guarentee"?  Guaranty?  Guaranteed?  Scr#w that...my way's better; Waaay too many "A's" the other way.  Here on out, I'm goin' "Geareunteeee" (4 "e's" on the end...never, EVER 3).    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : Tom Brady is a great QB.  It is going to be a sad day for all patsie fans when he packs it in. Who do you think was more embarrassed by these numbers Brady or Belichick? M. Sanchez 16/26       2 TD /  0 INT     105.6 T. Brady 24/33       1 TD / 1 INT      100.5
    Posted by JetMangione

Sanchez threw for only 166 yards in that game and averaged 6.4 yards per attempt.  He is the one who should be embarrassed.  It will be a sad day for Patriots fans when Brady retires, but it will be a sadder one when the Jets finally realize Sanchez is a terrible QB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Imagine what the JETS would be like as a team if they had a QB 50% less of what brady is, with the TOP 5 D they have ever since ryan has been the coach. You could say they'd win more games, win the division, make it to the superbowl, probably become a dynasty. They could be one of the most successful franchise in the NFL....Ohhhh waittt that would make them the PATS, not the JETS but the PATS...Imagine if NE had a top 5 D almost every year, that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the league right? You should focus more on your team, and worry more about your team, but I guess I understand your obsession with the PATS. They are what you dream of your JETS to become. It's like the PATS are the man you'd want your daughter to marry, have children and grow old together. We understand mangione, you don't have a team that is worth rooting for, there's only one real NFL team in NY, and that's the Giants.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : Uggghhhh, you may want to check out Brady's 2001 playoff run.... you may want to check out TB's 6.3 ypa in his third season..... you may want to check out his 2004 playoff game against Indy... 
    Posted by JetMangione

Lmao this is too easy.  In 2001 Brady was a in his first year as a starter and the rules changes that favored offenses had not happened yet.  In addition his game against Oakland was played in terrible conditions (it was called the Snow Bowl for a reason).

In his second season as a starter he averaged 6.3 yards per attempt, but again the rules changes hadn't happened yet (just for some context he led the league in TD passes that year) and he threw less INTs than Sanchez despite attempting 60 additional passes.

The 2004 playoff game against the Colts was again before the rules changes and was an incredibly cold and snowy game.

In the game we are debating the rules changes have happened, the weather was perfect and Sanchez was matched up against the D you keep bashing as terrible and worst ever in a season where 3 QBs passed for over 5000 yards.  But seriously keep defending him.  I hope the Jets keep him as I noted earlier.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : Oooooh, it was the rule changes, I see.  So, even though all of those examples were far worse than his production in that same year, it was because of those incredibly stringent QB rules that prevented Brady from playing as well in those games I noted compared to his season as a whole?  To further the point, in the same season where the Jets held Brady below his season rating and the Patriots allowed Sanchez a 25-30 point bump in his, that was also because of the rules that now make it very easy for QBs to achieve a rating of 105 (in very specific games perhaps)? Those excuses of yours are pretty pathetic.  Are you claiming that efficiency, lack of error and high rating is not good or helpful if you are under the specific threshold of yards that you have come up with?  Are you suggesting that QB yardage increases is about rules, not about passing attempts? But I digress.  McCourty=bottom 5 NFL CB - as I've been telling you.
    Posted by JetMangione

Ah yes typical Mangione.  Latch onto a small piece of an overall argument and strawman endlessly while ignoring everything else.  But I digress.  Sanchez is a terrible quarterback.  I hope the Jets keep him around.  He can pass for 166 yards against New England in every game for all I care.  I look forward to sweeping your pathetic team again next season so that this board can be rid of your insufferable trolling until the next offseason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : Oooooh, it was the rule changes, I see.  So, even though all of those examples were far worse than his production in that same year, it was because of those incredibly stringent QB rules that prevented Brady from playing as well in those games I noted compared to his season as a whole?  To further the point, in the same season where the Jets held Brady below his season rating and the Patriots allowed Sanchez a 25-30 point bump in his, that was also because of the rules that now make it very easy for QBs to achieve a rating of 105 (in very specific games perhaps)? Those excuses of yours are pretty pathetic.  Are you claiming that efficiency, lack of error and high rating is not good or helpful if you are under the specific threshold of yards that you have come up with?  Are you suggesting that QB yardage increases is about rules, not about passing attempts? But I digress.  McCourty=bottom 5 NFL CB - as I've been telling you.
    Posted by JetMangione

Where are your stats to support your claim that the jerks had more probowlers than the Pats all time.
    It's been 5 days and i'm still waiting.
    How on earth did your pathetic team with your 2 great corners allow more points than the 31st ranked D?  I'm still trying to figure that one out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

Maybe zero pass rush makes Pats DBs look less than stellar. That said -- he was good enough to start in the Super Bowl, who was the last Jet to start in a Super Bowl?? He probably played with Joe Namath.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : Are you saying there were no bad starters in a superbowl?  Ever wonder why one team loses?  Every wonder how a superbowl team gives up a 90 yard drive to lose the game?  
    Posted by JetMangione

Good god man I think you're onto something. This is important because the Jets are about to enter their bi-annual Revis holdout/contract negotiation.

First your hard work and research that proves, as you say, that having two highly ranked CB's hasn't helped the Jets at all.

Now also the bad players in the pro bowl bit.

Don't let Revis' agent sway you with talk of how he helps the team and deserves a raise. Stick to your guns. He must be one of those bad pro bowl players since having him has translated into nothing for his team.

Don't forget to add the part with the Pats devoting less resources and having no high ranked players yet giving up fewer points and playing in the SB. Keep up the good work.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : Uggghhhh, you may want to check out Brady's 2001 playoff run.... you may want to check out TB's 6.3 ypa in his third season..... you may want to check out his 2004 playoff game against Indy... 
    Posted by JetMangione

....and  a Lombardi Trophy at the end of each of those seasons............

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : Are you saying there were no bad starters in a superbowl?  Ever wonder why one team loses?  Every wonder how a superbowl team gives up a 90 yard drive to lose the game?  
    Posted by JetMangione

do you mean like the two games that the Patriots destroyed the jets last season? the jets must have had lots of bad starters to lose both those games right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : you may be right.  When you are the hands down best CB in football, sometimes you just want to get paid more. I think Revis may be up against it this time.  If he holds out this year, his contract extends and he'll need to be prepared to hold out for 3 years.  It could happen, if he's willing to walk away from 15 mil.   Thing is, without Revis the pass D would still be better than the patsies. Can't say I agree with the "not helped the Jets at all" but to each his own.
    Posted by JetMangione

The problem is any player who is willing to hold out is automatically placing no weight on their current contractual obligation.

The player and agent always seem to bank on having enough leverage to get the team to tear up the previous contract. Have to expect the Jets don't want to find out how their pass D looks without Revis. 

I do like your argument though that his presence has not translated to team success.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Posted by JetMangione

We don't have to check nothing. Most of the Patriot fans here clearly remember that TB was a rookie who filled in for the injured Drew Bledsoe who came close to death from a hit by Mo Lewis. Fortunately he was OK. TB was the starter right up until just before the 1st half ended in Pittsburg when he was injured. Bledsoe took over and helped NE win the game. Even though Drew did a good job helping win the game it was now TB's team because he could read defenses quickly and made good decisions which BB expects from his QBs. They also had small wideouts, no true burners to stretch the field and an excellent running game which explains why for years they were not dependant on TB to carry the team. 

Then the Colts got tired of our DBs punishing their wideouts and had the rules enforced so you could only bump within 5 yards. It's really been a different game since.

There are several ways to have one of the better defenses. One to have the front 7 pressure the QB which helps the DBs, like the Giants. Another is to have excellent DBs. Then there are teams who have enough of each to make it all work. The Jets happen to spend too much money on DBs which is why they had to settle for poor replacements on offense and couldn't run.

The Patriots had problems with both last year but got much better towards the end. Not bad for a rebuilding year.

Time will tell which organization truely understands how to build a team verses a few good positions. My money is on the Patriots!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : Depends.  Is losing the superbowl success?
    Posted by JetMangione

It's relative. If you're in the game you want to win obviously, but there was an interestng article not too long ago, forget where, that talked about how for many players losing a Conference final is more difficult/disappointing than losing in the SB.

I guess it's the fact of never getting to experience what playing in the biggest game is like.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : I just read an interview with Shaun Ellis.  He said that his carreer was now complete because he was able to get past the conference game to lose the superbowl (that and he got 4 mil instead of 750 K).   He said it wasn't about the money, it was about the chance to lose the big one.
    Posted by JetMangione

Awesome.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

fact: you either were not alive or very young 43 years ago
    Posted by harleyroadking12

Thank God for the Sabols. lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : Sanchez threw for only 166 yards in that game and averaged 6.4 yards per attempt.  He is the one who should be embarrassed.  It will be a sad day for Patriots fans when Brady retires, but it will be a sadder one when the Jets finally realize Sanchez is a terrible QB.
    Posted by pcmIV

Lol!

In 2009, Sanchez made 17 million, Brady 9.

The highlight of the Jets franchise is playing their best in a small window when NE was rebuilding.  Hialrious.

The day that I get giddy over another franchise at their weakest equating the highlight of my life as a fan is the day I stop rooting for my team.

Jets Fans = The Laughingstock of the NFL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : Depends.  Is losing the superbowl success?
    Posted by JetMangione

Is being a loser a success for you? 

Is losing divisions, never having homefield in franchise history or only having 2 division titles in franchise history a success?

Is never attending a SB in the last 40+ years, where things like the microwave and the internet have been invented before the Jets even win an AFC title, a success?

Is never touching a girl for 45 years of your life a success?

lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : you may be right.  When you are the hands down best CB in football, sometimes you just want to get paid more. I think Revis may be up against it this time.  If he holds out this year, his contract extends and he'll need to be prepared to hold out for 3 years.  It could happen, if he's willing to walk away from 15 mil.   Thing is, without Revis the pass D would still be better than the patsies. Can't say I agree with the "not helped the Jets at all" but to each his own.
    Posted by JetMangione

"hands down"

bawahahaha

Revis might be the most overrated NFL player ever.  He's "hands down" taking the Jets for a ride as a selfish primadonna who will never win anything. 

Sections
Shortcuts