Patriots Peaking Or Regressing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Patriots Peaking Or Regressing?

Time of the year for the Patriots (or any team going into playoffs) to be peaking going into the playoffs.  Are the Patriots, as a whole, peaking or regressing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Patriots Peaking Or Regressing?

Hard to say because of injuries. Ask me Sunday night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Based on what we have seen the last few years, it's all about how you play in the playoffs and not so much how your playing coming down the stretch.  If you get hot at the right time, meaning playoff time, then anyone can win. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

The bad habits in turnovers are starting to climb. They need to fix that before the playoffs get here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Being normal....late in the season...tired...banged up...waiting for the playoffs.

When it's go time they will be ready.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

If all of key players are healthy, I'm very confident in this team's ability to go far in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Playing like they did agianst balt, ariz and sea earlier this year.  need the Mia game to really synchronze the execution

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Definitely progressing. Injuries and youth have shown up at times. ANd they were horrible against the Jags. But I think that was simply a bad game as opposed to a downward trend.

I also believe that the two keys to the Pats going deep (ie. to the SB and also as to their chances of winning the SB) are (1) being healthy (unlike last years SB when Gronk and Mankins played with serious injuries and so NY got lucky) and (2) players big and small coming up with big plays - rather than heartbreaking almosts. If you are healthy you still have to come up with big plays against teams like Denver and SF.

I am hoping we get some luck and get a bye for the sake of health but I do not expect a bye now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Definitely progressing. Injuries and youth have shown up at times. ANd they were horrible against the Jags. But I think that was simply a bad game as opposed to a downward trend.

I also believe that the two keys to the Pats going deep (ie. to the SB and also as to their chances of winning the SB) are (1) being healthy (unlike last years SB when Gronk and Mankins played with serious injuries and so NY got lucky) and (2) players big and small coming up with big plays - rather than heartbreaking almosts. If you are healthy you still have to come up with big plays against teams like Denver and SF.

I am hoping we get some luck and get a bye for the sake of health but I do not expect a bye now.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. While the bye is still possible, I'm ready to watch the Pats play this out as the 3 seed. Also, health is key on both sides of the ball. If all our major contributors are healthy, I really like our chances to go far and maybe win it all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nah we own you

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

neither peaking nor progessing. portfolio has it right - progressing. 

1) the o finally broke through against the type of defense they always struggled to score touchdowns against. even though they lost against sff, it was clear that sff realized that their solution isn't working anymore. and that was a pats offense that did not have gronk.

2) the d also found their cover corners. assuming they are back and healthy for the playoffs, that gives them more flexibility in the secondary. they can switch man/zone back and forth. they can give the opposing qb a lot of looks - enough to confuse. or even just to disguise a blitz better. they never really had that ability in recent years. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Run the ball. If Gronk returns this week, I want him blocking and running Ridley and Bolden right at Cameron Wake in the snow.

NE's D is peaking nicely as long as they are healthy with Talib and Dennard.   Spikes, too.  These are very key players, so if they're close to 100%, I see NE's D trending up nicely.

The O can flip a switch, but my concern is the offense and how its run from qtr to qtr in the playoffs. I cringe watching Brady in that shotgun spread base.  If I see it in the playoffs, I will concede it's over.

[/QUOTE]

how can a D that gave up 41 points two games ago be "peaking nicely"?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Run the ball. If Gronk returns this week, I want him blocking and running Ridley and Bolden right at Cameron Wake in the snow.

NE's D is peaking nicely as long as they are healthy with Talib and Dennard.   Spikes, too.  These are very key players, so if they're close to 100%, I see NE's D trending up nicely.

The O can flip a switch, but my concern is the offense and how its run from qtr to qtr in the playoffs. I cringe watching Brady in that shotgun spread base.  If I see it in the playoffs, I will concede it's over.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that game was a regression for the defense, but the 41 points was also a factor of poor special teams play and the offense turning the ball over and giving the 9ers excellent field position.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I look at the Jax game as a hangover from the poor play against SF.  I expect much better against Miami at home.  This is my hopes anyway in order to have some confidence going into the playoffs.  Poor play against Miami would mean a quick exit from the playoffs IMHO. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I see a bunch of injuries and one suspension. The one suspension is over at least.

Getting Gronk up to speed would be good, but I expect rust from him versus Miami, his first week back.  We'll see if his elongated 3 weeks of walkthrough practices help him any.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

2009 saints lost three straight going into the playoffs.

Health and confidence are probably the most important things going in.

This team is good enough to beat any other team in the league as long as theyre dinged up players get better.

After that, as long as they have confidence and can execute, this team should be up there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see a bunch of injuries and one suspension. The one suspension is over at least.

Getting Gronk up to speed would be good, but I expect rust from him versus Miami, his first week back.  We'll see if his elongated 3 weeks of walkthrough practices help him any.

[/QUOTE]
    Do we use Gronk in the point-after-unit?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I look at the Jax game as a hangover from the poor play against SF.  I expect much better against Miami at home.  This is my hopes anyway in order to have some confidence going into the playoffs.  Poor play against Miami would mean a quick exit from the playoffs IMHO. 

[/QUOTE]

Why? They played great in games 15 & 16 in 2010 (34-3 & 38-7) and lost their first playoff game at home that year. They struggled beating Miami in game 15 last year and quickly fell behind 21-0 against the Bills in game 16 before blowing the Bills away. A win is important but their is no evidence that ugly wins are less valuable that blow out wins. Blow outs may breed overconfidence like in 2010.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Seemed like the Houston game was the only "complete" game from all three phases of the team at the same time.  I'm hoping they have....ohhhhh, about 4 more of those remaining for the playoff games...lol.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nah we own you

[/QUOTE]

You must mean you own tickets to see the Pats play because you are not even in the playoffs. You are now irrelevent (you can talk all you want about mathematics but you are irrelevant).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The D did not give up much of those 41 points. Do not gforget to actually watch the game. I know you dont want to otherwise you would have seen how the Gints lucked into a SB because of two dropped punt returns by SF (and the Gints never even hit the guy). I know you dont want to watch - you just want to read about a good score - otherwise you would have to admit that helmet catches, and especially by someone who never caught another pass in his life, are just luck.

Hard to brag about luck....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Progessing, at beginning of year, always a feeling out process. We played some good games, too. Lost to Cards, really should have won, (Terrible 60 minutes), Ravens (Absoultely outplayed them), Seattle ( Coaching had brain_art), then at end of year played 2 really good teams, (beat one, and could have beaten the other), now these games with Bills, Jags, Dolphins looks like we're in off a little. Team is tired and beat up, 15 weeks of an NFL Season at this point is hard. Different Players all the time (injuries). Thats hard on a mind, thats why I am impressed when TB says mental toughness. We win when we're OFF, thats IMPORTANT! Bad Teams lose! Now put. this entire season of ups and downs together, work as a team. We wont be beat! We have a good TEAM.

Telling you been a Pats fan very long time, I always have confidence in this team. We have the Coach, the QB, and the Players, not to take it all the way!

Lets put it another way, if we head to Denver, they wont be expecting an easy win.

[/QUOTE]

there's a  lot of truth in what you are saying....

25. This post has been removed.