1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Patriots Peaking Or Regressing?

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Definitely progressing. Injuries and youth have shown up at times. ANd they were horrible against the Jags. But I think that was simply a bad game as opposed to a downward trend.

I also believe that the two keys to the Pats going deep (ie. to the SB and also as to their chances of winning the SB) are (1) being healthy (unlike last years SB when Gronk and Mankins played with serious injuries and so NY got lucky) and (2) players big and small coming up with big plays - rather than heartbreaking almosts. If you are healthy you still have to come up with big plays against teams like Denver and SF.

I am hoping we get some luck and get a bye for the sake of health but I do not expect a bye now.

[/QUOTE]

nah we own you

[/QUOTE]

You must mean you own tickets to see the Pats play because you are not even in the playoffs. You are now irrelevent (you can talk all you want about mathematics but you are irrelevant).

[/QUOTE]

giants may very well miss the playoffs this year-that does not change history however

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Definitely progressing. Injuries and youth have shown up at times. ANd they were horrible against the Jags. But I think that was simply a bad game as opposed to a downward trend.

I also believe that the two keys to the Pats going deep (ie. to the SB and also as to their chances of winning the SB) are (1) being healthy (unlike last years SB when Gronk and Mankins played with serious injuries and so NY got lucky) and (2) players big and small coming up with big plays - rather than heartbreaking almosts. If you are healthy you still have to come up with big plays against teams like Denver and SF.

I am hoping we get some luck and get a bye for the sake of health but I do not expect a bye now.

[/QUOTE]

nah we own you

[/QUOTE]

You must mean you own tickets to see the Pats play because you are not even in the playoffs. You are now irrelevent (you can talk all you want about mathematics but you are irrelevant).

[/QUOTE]

giants may very well miss the playoffs this year-that does not change history however

[/QUOTE]

And the Browns won a few championships in the 1950s. Who cares about how the Gints luck agasint SF anymore... They could not get lucky for enough games to be any good this year... right now... you want history... go read about the Peloponnesian Wars.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nah we own you

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And the Browns won a few championships in the 1950s. Who cares about how the Gints luck agasint SF anymore... They could not get lucky for enough games to be any good this year... right now... you want history... go read about the Peloponnesian Wars.

[/QUOTE]

not much for that-more a middle ages/rennaissance type so maybe the War of the Roses?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Run the ball. If Gronk returns this week, I want him blocking and running Ridley and Bolden right at Cameron Wake in the snow.

NE's D is peaking nicely as long as they are healthy with Talib and Dennard.   Spikes, too.  These are very key players, so if they're close to 100%, I see NE's D trending up nicely.

The O can flip a switch, but my concern is the offense and how its run from qtr to qtr in the playoffs. I cringe watching Brady in that shotgun spread base.  If I see it in the playoffs, I will concede it's over.

[/QUOTE]

how can a D that gave up 41 points two games ago be "peaking nicely"?

[/QUOTE]

The D did not give up much of those 41 points. Do not gforget to actually watch the game. I know you dont want to otherwise you would have seen how the Gints lucked into a SB because of two dropped punt returns by SF (and the Gints never even hit the guy). I know you dont want to watch - you just want to read about a good score - otherwise you would have to admit that helmet catches, and especially by someone who never caught another pass in his life, are just luck.

Hard to brag about luck....

[/QUOTE]

luck=the loser's lament  :  )

[/QUOTE]

If you win the lottery you will know how the Gints won those two SBs. Pure dumb luck... good for them... good for you.... No one is going to compare those teams to ANY team of real greatness. Not to the Browns or Rams or Lions or Colts of the 50s. Not to the Packers or Colts of the 60s. Not to the Steelers, Cowboys or Dolphins ofthe 70s. Not to SF, Washington, NYG, Bears, Raiders of the 80s. Not to .... well you ge tthe picture..

The only SB winning team I can think of to compare them to is the 68 Jets. I think most SB losing teams were far better than these Gints. But lucky they were.... bask in it...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Run the ball. If Gronk returns this week, I want him blocking and running Ridley and Bolden right at Cameron Wake in the snow.

NE's D is peaking nicely as long as they are healthy with Talib and Dennard.   Spikes, too.  These are very key players, so if they're close to 100%, I see NE's D trending up nicely.

The O can flip a switch, but my concern is the offense and how its run from qtr to qtr in the playoffs. I cringe watching Brady in that shotgun spread base.  If I see it in the playoffs, I will concede it's over.

[/QUOTE]

how can a D that gave up 41 points two games ago be "peaking nicely"?

[/QUOTE]

The D did not give up much of those 41 points. Do not gforget to actually watch the game. I know you dont want to otherwise you would have seen how the Gints lucked into a SB because of two dropped punt returns by SF (and the Gints never even hit the guy). I know you dont want to watch - you just want to read about a good score - otherwise you would have to admit that helmet catches, and especially by someone who never caught another pass in his life, are just luck.

Hard to brag about luck....

[/QUOTE]

luck=the loser's lament  :  )

[/QUOTE]

If you win the lottery you will know how the Gints won those two SBs. Pure dumb luck... good for them... good for you.... No one is going to compare those teams to ANY team of real greatness. Not to the Browns or Rams or Lions or Colts of the 50s. Not to the Packers or Colts of the 60s. Not to the Steelers, Cowboys or Dolphins ofthe 70s. Not to SF, Washington, NYG, Bears, Raiders of the 80s. Not to .... well you ge tthe picture..

The only SB winning team I can think of to compare them to is the 68 Jets. I think most SB losing teams were far better than these Gints. But lucky they were.... bask in it...

[/QUOTE]

u keep telling urself all this if it helps you but i would still say decaf and maybe a little meditation also might work better

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nah we own you

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not much for that-more a middle ages/rennaissance type so maybe the War of the Roses?

[/QUOTE]

! really? OK.... so why is it you are so ga ga over a team that has not won anything on its own? I mean , go ahead. be a fan... but its like thinking Franco Harris is the greatest receiver ever (tho he was only a running abck who never really caught too many passes) because of his one memorable and wildy, crazy lucky catch. Enjoy that you won those games but going ga ga and pounding your chest just makes it LESS impressive because it brings up how incongruous your ra ra is.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Time of the year for the Patriots (or any team going into playoffs) to be peaking going into the playoffs.  Are the Patriots, as a whole, peaking or regressing?

[/QUOTE]

Based on how the Pats have played the past two weeks, even the esteemed members of the Ostrich Society would hesitate to say that the Pats are peaking. It appears that all the injuries have taken their toll. Logan Mankins and C-Bass are nicked up, and not playing to their usual standards. With Gronk absent, opponents are able to focus more on Aaron Hernandez and Wes Welker.

Speaking of Hernandez, he hasn't been the same player since he got bombed by DeSean Goldson, in that awful loss to the 49ers. WR Julian Edelman appeared to be on the verge of stardom, when he got hurt. Finally, no one here knows whether Gronk is anywhere near 100% ready to play.   

The bottom line is that, for whatever reason, the Patriots are now playing the way they did at the beginning of the season...AWFUL. Because of that putrid loss to the 49ers, there's no rest for the weary. This team needs to get their act together this Sunday. Watch the play of the OL. Whether the Pats advance deep in the play-offs will solely depend on the play of the Big Uglies, up front.          

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts