Patriots Peaking Too Early.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Patriots Peaking Too Early.....

or at the right time?

Great game versus Jets.

In 2007, Patriots "peaked" by the middle of the season. We still have several more tough games to play. I think the patriots will continue to plug away for the rest of the regular season. The Chicago game will tell us whether the Patriot players have let this game go to their head or not.

Patriots peaking to early or at the right time?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Patriots Peaking Too Early.....

Who says they're peaking?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I believe at the right time if in fact this game is what is the early stages of them peaking.  They had a tough start to the lions game but ended up blowing them away so that could have been the start.  We will find out against the Bears.  The so called "experts" are already predicting the Pats to come out flat against the Bears.  We shall see!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Nope,

Defense will keep getting better which only helps Brady get better.

Add Fred Taylor getting back into the mix will give a more potent running game as well as Logan Mankins now back in the mix with low mileage on his legs and the TE gaining more and more experience.

Kinda disappointed in Tate in his receiving not progressing and loss of Ghost is a setback.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Right time. The Bears have a better defense than the Jets and Cutler is playing reasonably well. In Green Bay Rodgers is putting up MVP numbers and spreading the ball around. Both are tough games and you just know the windchill factor in Buffalo will be -20 below. GB poses the greatest threat to winning out. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

dont think they have peaked at all...defensively..they can get alot better in all phases...  offensively they had some bad series at end of first half that could have sealed game...so lots of room for improvemnet  but its does seem pats are getting better at right time..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

NO!!!

KEEP It Rolling Right to DALLAS! FEB 6th!

FULL TIME FULL TILT!!!!!  Get aboard baby!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

The start of December is when you want to start peaking.  With 3 very difficult games (Jets, Bears, Packers) and 2 other divisional games, this is when the Pats need to be playing at their best to secure home field advantage.

And really, the entire team isn't peaking.  The defense still has a ways to go.  Three points last night was great, but the Jets are not an offensive juggernaut.  If they can get those turnovers against the Pack and keep them out of the endzone, I'll be impressed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I was thinking this too, but it wasn't that the 2007 patriots got any worse or regressed I think it was simply that the game plan was formulated by Jim Johnson to slow down and eventually stop what was a high percentage passing offense primarily which on most drives required the offensive line to create alot of time for Brady in the pocket, the game plan formulated still required the right personal in order to execute it well against us i.e. the eagles, ravens, to some degree the chargers and of course the giants. I think it's guna take quite a genius to work out this 2010 offense especially considering the improved execution and play calling of the unit. Jon Gruden last night was talking about the diversity of packages: under centre, shot gun, I form, 1 tight end, 2 tight end, 3 tight ends, no tight ends as well as the spread and empty backfield and this year we're running the ball with great effect which we wern't really in 2007 it's almost unfair. The personnel group is awesome and with Brady playing the way he is, running this thing with the fire and leadership he's showing it's simply ridiculous. They adjust so fast as well to the situations, the offense dosn't always run smoothly i.e. the first half in Detroit and they simply change, adjust the play calling the 1 and 2 step drops are very effective with Welker, Branch and Woodhead awesome after the catch on the quick underneath routes which ultimately puts fear into the defense and slows down the pass rush allowing Brady to resume play action, add in the occasional and at the minute mostly successful long ball and it really is a recipe for disaster for any defense. All the while our D improves weekly something I don't think was happening in 2007 with a veteran defense who essentially played to the same standard weekly. In my personal opinion the best is yet to come and we just beat the Jets 45-3 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

First of all they're just starting to hit their stride.

Secondly the 2007 SB had nothing to do with 'peaking'. It had to do with a brilliant defensive plan that was perfectly executed. Even then it took a bunch of non holding calls and a lucky catch for the Giants to win.

And what's your alternative? The division is by no means in the bag. We still have the Bears and Packers who are both good and the Bills and Fins have given us problems in the past and always play their best against us. We need pedal to the metal until the last second of the last game to ensure home field advantage for the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Peaking Too Early.....:
    [QUOTE]Who says they're peaking?
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]
    Peaking?  Wait until the D puts it ALL together!  Offense is humming, the D is improving weekly.  The stats that have them near the bottom in the NFL are an accumulation of stats from the weeks it was still a "work in progress". 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The Pats are going to peak at the 15th minute of the 4th quarter of a certain game in February.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Peaking? What the heck are you talking about. You make it sound like there is an "on/off" switch. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

This team is getting better, which means we have not peaked.  This offense and defense is still growing and getting comfortable.  If anything we are gearing up at the right time for a huge stretch. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

The gauge by which all is set (at least over the past decade) has been how a team performs over the last 6 games of the year....Playoff teams finishing 3-3 or 4-2 usually have faded.  Teams 5-1 and 6-0 are usually the elite.  Check it out. 
    What do you want them to peak in game 16?  That's too late.  Now if you said that after game 4 .... I might concur.  Only team in recent memory that were outside that box were the Gint's in 07...(although you could make a case for them) and the Cardinals in 08.  Cards got a favorable playoff road. 

Getting the bye's are huge.  They're on a roll no need to let down now as it's ingrained.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgram234. Show dgram234's posts

in 2004, the pats got dominated by pittsburgh in week 8 and then turned their year around from there, this year we got dominated by cleveland in week 9 and our beginning to rise again, so i compare it to that and not '07

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Patriots Peaking Too Early.....:
    [QUOTE]or at the right time? Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

i think they just started their ascension, so they are beginning to peak

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Patriots Peaking Too Early..... : i think they just started their ascension, so they are beginning to peak
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

That's my impression too. They still have some improvements to make; moreso on the defensive side of the ball. I hope they keep plugging away and gain some momentum going into the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]in 2004, the pats got dominated by pittsburgh in week 8 and then turned their year around from there, this year we got dominated by cleveland in week 9 and our beginning to rise again, so i compare it to that and not '07
    Posted by dgram234[/QUOTE]

That's why I compared to 2007, because I thought they peaked too early in 2007 and didn't want to see a repeat of that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

This is stupid talk....Sure they are playing their best football of the year. No reason to think they will come back down to earth....

Falcons & Saints to me look like they are peaking too.... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

"non holding  calls and lucky catch"?

To paraphrase Paul Simon "Still bitter after all these years..."

Its rumored that Polian lobbied the rules panel to limit the amount of stick-um you can use on your helmet.   Just incase Pey-me-tons gets in a similar situation.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Its December its time to start playing your best football.

Would you have rather the Pats played their worst game against the Jets? 

I swear people are crazy on these forums. Brady cant win MVP or we wont win the superbowl, cant play well or were going to get destroyed in the playoffs. What a joke

Sections
Shortcuts