Patriots player missing Pro Bowl are taking a pounding!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Patriots player missing Pro Bowl are taking a pounding!

Guys should go unless they are injured (not mentally).

This is where some players are really disconnected from the league, imo.  They've got a huge union that dictates much of what goes on in the league, and what they don't control, they complain about. 

They want all the money, but they choose not to promote the league at all times when they can. 

Bernard Pollard wondered about the end of the NFL this past weekend.  He may not be right, but his speculation has merit.  What he apparently failed to mention, however, is that the players lawsuits are what are causing the league to impose harsher penalties for dangerous hits.  Does anyone really believe that if the NFL wasn't threatened by these lawsuits that they would have legislated some of these hitting rules into the game? 

Ultimately players will be the demise of leagues not just because they want more golden eggs than can be produced, but because they won't support and promote their league when they can. 

Sorry for the soapbox, but I just read about Lebron being mad that the Kings sold for so much money.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

That is very good reasoning. More like an excuse. They don't give a shi otch about the younger players. Please. They are embarrassmed and ashamed for losing to a slowwwww and oldddd team at home. Go Ravens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I was waiting for his name to show up. If it were any other team's player, would anyone have cared. Didn't think so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

No wonder the Patriots are not liked and people tag shots at them all the time.  They kind of bring it on themselves.  I wish they would just go and enjoy, be a part of the NFL instead of distancing themselves like the bad guys.  Glad Mayo went and I think Mankins too. 

BTW, they have mentioned this about 10 times already on the braodcast and about another 10 times on the pre game coverage over on nfl network.

I wouldn't look into this much at all TFB12.  The game is a complete JOKE and the Pats just came off the AFC title game late Sunday night, and the game was in Hawaii that week.  The Pats players that weren't there, were indeed injured.  Like you said, Mayo was there (and Slater), but they probably was healthy enough to go!  You know Welker was hurt, Brady was dinged....besides, having the Pro-Bowl the week in between AFC/NFC games & SB is dumb anyways....I actually liked it better the week after the SB.  They should just get rid of this game anyways....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

What's the big deal about the Pro Bowl game? The Pro Bowl game is not worth watching!! The game should be banned. No type of defense is ever played so why take it serious.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I have no problem with them skipping it. BB likes competitors on the team and their season just ended a week ago. My guess is they feel almost like they lost someone close to them. Who wants to go to a pro bowl after playing in a funeral? I think it was dumb to move it the week before the SB. Move it back to the week after and you'll get more players to play in it imo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Ordinarily, TFB12, I agree with much of what you post.  In this particular case, I can't get very excited about it.  Perhaps a little context would help.  How common is it for Pro Bowl selectees to not show up?  What's the NFL's positiion on it?  Who are the ones doing the pounding?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think it's a fun game to watch, although I don't sit down and watch it I had it on and paid attention to it as I was doing things around the house.  It may not be the all out thriller but its still fun to watch the players have a good time compared to the heated battles they are used to playing.  You see fun things out there.  I thought it was a cool moment when Jeff Saturday from the NFC went out and lined up as the AFC center and snapped Manning the ball one last time.  Looks like the fans in attendence have a blast and so did the players. 

I agree that it would probably be better to have it played the week after the Super Bowl so those in the SB can attend but to me the Super Bowl is the final game of the year, the season is over and this game gives fans something to do between the 2 weeks leading up to the SB.  But the main point is the players are voted to this game by the fans, the fans have a voice and the players who don't show up are disrespecting their fans, imo.  As for injured players, its not like the practeces and games are normal practices and games, if its a ding here or there then man up and go play.  If it's more serious then stay and heal up.  I think it's the most watched All Star type game so people must be enjoying it.

Good posts in this thread, I was prepared to get hammered when I posted it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

The Pro Bowl is why jealous and enraged fans don't like the Pats? Please, dude. The Chiefs had 8 players go.

Case closed.

I am sorry, but I don't know anyone about a soon to be defunct exhibition game who cares about who plays in that game. It's a joke beyond belief.

How does it make sense for the people whining about why Pats players aren't there, being the same ones who whine about them all year?

The Pats bashing, in this never-ending fear of them possibly winning another SB with BB and Brady, is sick.

Absolutely sick. The media just thrives on that angle, too.

Not as sick as their own fans leading the Brady bashing club!  Lol, what a hyprocrite...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I used to like watching the probowl when I was 9 years old. I think it does get young fans interested.

Anyway, Pro atheletes are responsible for their own "Branding" and are living the consequences of it in their careers and in their legacy. Some guys are known as really social people, some as really good guys, and some as aloof and self serving. Some care and some don't. They should be taken as individuals. It is lazy to lump all PAtriots players or that of any franchise into one mold.

Regardless, tons of people are hating the PAtriots and their fans and are waiting to condemn us all from the actions of one or two of them. Infact, looking at the comments on the article about some Pats fans harassing Torrey Smith about his brother looks like a lot of bozos out their condemn (and "hate") ALL New Englanders for the actions of a few.

Should we really care about what the idiots think? Do they know condeming an entire region or people for the actions of a few is what causes wars? These are the same people who stereotype because they are too lazy in their minds to look at people as individuals.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to CornHole12's comment:

Where is sissy boy Brady? 

Me thinks they asked him not to come because he likes to kick people like a little girl.

Your name should saw Azzhole !!

Hetch

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

You were chosen to represent the NFL because you are one of the best at your position. Drop the ego, have some class and show up. Worthless game or not, you owe that much to the fans and league. The need to win has superseded all else with some of these guys. They think they're to good for the league and forget it's an honor to be one of the chosen ones. The phantom injuries don't fool anyone. It's winning or nothing. The few, the proud, the self professed elite. I never disliked the Pats because year in and year out they are one of the premiere teams in all of football and I want them to play the Gents every year in the SB. I know that if Crusty had any athletic ability to perform in the ultimate league and chosen, he would not attend because of his delusional egomania. My 2 sense.

[Quote}

Not sure who Crusty is although I hear the name on the board once in a while. 

For me there are two sides to this story. Yes the Pro Bowl is a joke and we all know it but on the other hand the players are voted in and with pride they should represent thier team by going to the Pro Bowl if only just to show up. 

As for other fans around the country little will change thier negative perception of the Pats being arrogant, etc. It has to do with this team being so successful for so long and of course Spygate as well. I could care less about the publics perception of our team but not going to the Pro Bowl because of mysterious injuries only serves to propogate the negative public perception.

If voted to the team all players, injured or not should be required by the NFL and Player Association to show up and represent thier team. As for playing the weeek before the Super Bowl, the NFL probably rakes in more dollars than if the game was played after the season's end and we all know the NFL like any pro sports league is money motivated. 

Hetch

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Let the NFL and the Patriots franchise  take care of negative perceptions from people around the league.

I think the Pro Bowl game itself does more to destroy the sanctitiy of the game than any player or sets of players not showing up. When linemen stand up and practically shake each others hands on most plays it helps dissolves the illusion than the NFL has any importance at all.

Can't image that is good for the business which is the NFL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Please stop with this nonsense. Many Pats players were battling injuries at the end of the year, hence why they didn't show up.

The media whining about it just proves the anti-BB/Pats bias.

I'm sure many players who showed up were.  So you go there, say hey I have this injury and I want to play a few plays and support the league, the fans, blah, blah, blah but don't want to worsen the injury.  Its not like they are doing tow a days in practice over there, I didn't see any big, hard hits yesterday, go and show up.

But this is really just an example of what the Pats seem to do better then any other team, they act like they are above the rest, hard to blame why so many people dislike them, very hard to defend your team when they bring it on themselves like that.  What?  BB couldn't do an on field interview after the playoff loss?  Was he hurt?  Come on, he was disappointed, I get it, so was I but get over yourself, do what all the rest of the coaches do after a game, win or lose, just give the interview.  Stop acting like a spoiled, sore loser.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Please stop with this nonsense. Many Pats players were battling injuries at the end of the year, hence why they didn't show up.

The media whining about it just proves the anti-BB/Pats bias.

I'm sure many players who showed up were.  So you go there, say hey I have this injury and I want to play a few plays and support the league, the fans, blah, blah, blah but don't want to worsen the injury.  Its not like they are doing tow a days in practice over there, I didn't see any big, hard hits yesterday, go and show up.

But this is really just an example of what the Pats seem to do better then any other team, they act like they are above the rest, hard to blame why so many people dislike them, very hard to defend your team when they bring it on themselves like that.  What?  BB couldn't do an on field interview after the playoff loss?  Was he hurt?  Come on, he was disappointed, I get it, so was I but get over yourself, do what all the rest of the coaches do after a game, win or lose, just give the interview.  Stop acting like a spoiled, sore loser.

I have seen more respect for the game from TB and BB than 90% of the league. You could argue the PRo Bowl is destroying the game and those who do not show up are courageous.

I  think the path of least resistance is showing up at that cake walk game in Hawaii.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Let the NFL and the Patriots franchise  take care of negative perceptions from people around the league.

I think the Pro Bowl game itself does more to destroy the sanctitiy of the game than any player or sets of players not showing up. When linemen stand up and practically shake each others hands on most plays it helps dissolves the illusion than the NFL has any importance at all.

All of the All Star games are like that.  It must feel pretty good for the players to still compete but not have all the added pressure of trying to grind out a win.  It's all about fun people, apparently many of you don't like to have fun and have to take everything so serious, does everything really have to a life altering purpose?  Heck, enjoy.

Does it really destroy the sanctitiy of the game?  Really?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

All of the All Star games are like that.  It must feel pretty good for the players to still compete but not have all the added pressure of trying to grind out a win.  It's all about fun people, apparently many of you don't like to have fun and have to take everything so serious, does everything really have to a life altering purpose?  Heck, enjoy.

Does it really destroy the sanctitiy of the game?  Really?

Then to be consistent why make a big deal if someone does not show? Is it manditory fun?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Sorry but I must question the life of anybody who would have actually watched the Pro Bowl, in whole or in part. Why?

Did you know they were running Moonshiners on Discovery? And Lizard Lick Towing on whatever channel that is on.

I was watching Netflix myself.  

Speaking of "Fan Love and Respect" for Pro Bowl Players,  Slater and Mayo showed up for the Game and were Booed during the introduction.  

One other Patriots nugget from the Pro Bowl -- Mayo and Slater were booed during introductions

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

I don't think it matters what the Patriot Team and Organization does from this point.  The only way they get back to being loved nationwide is if they become perennial underdogs again by losing game after game after game for a few years.  If this happened and they began to win again, Football "Fans" from other parts of the country would love them again.  

I believe this is part of the human condition.  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

Sorry but I must question the life of anybody who would have actually watched the Pro Bowl, in whole or in part. Why?

Did you know they were running Moonshiners on Discovery? And Lizard Lick Towing on whatever channel that is on.

Speaking of "Fan Love and Respect" for Pro Bowl Players,  Slater and Mayo showed up for the Game and were Booed during the introduction.  

One other Patriots nugget from the Pro Bowl -- Mayo and Slater were booed during introductions

I don't think it matters what the Patriot Team and Organization does from this point.  The only way they get back to being loved nationwide is if they become perennial underdogs again by losing game after game after game for a few years.  If this happened and they began to win again, Football "Fans" from other parts of the country would love them again.  

I think most of us could lve with them being hated for a long time to come.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LHNYJ. Show LHNYJ's posts

hey check it out! TFB started yet another thread in here!SHOCKER!

The pats being hated throughout the sporting world has nothing to do wether or not the pats show up at the Pro Bowl.

It has a little something to do with the fact that the pats cheated the greatest game ever played and people will NEVER forget that.

I commend TFB for his spin but he is a defenitive wearer of the rose colored glasses when discussing the pats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

I think most of us could lve with them being hated for a long time to come.

Absolutely!

Not too many Pats fans here in NC.   My neighbors wife is originally from San Diego and she knows how much of a Patriot Fan I am.  She hasn't come out and said it but I can tell that she hates the Pats.   We were at a cookout last summer and her Son was here visiting from Seattle and is a big Seahawk fan.   He and I were talking about football and he tried to tactfully talk about how Bill Belichick was "morally challenged".  So I asked him about Pete Carroll's recruiting violations at USC etc.  His face turned red and then we both agreed that none of  the coaches are saints.  

So basically it's all BS.   I'm a Patriots Fan and all Patriots Haters can KMA.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to LHNYJ's comment:

hey check it out! TFB started yet another thread in here!SHOCKER!

The pats being hated throughout the sporting world has nothing to do wether or not the pats show up at the Pro Bowl.

It has a little something to do with the fact that the pats cheated the greatest game ever played and people will NEVER forget that.

I commend TFB for his spin but he is a defenitive wearer of the rose colored glasses when discussing the pats.

I would rather have my team be hated than be the laughing stock of the NFL like the new jock yets are.  LMAO!