Patriots player missing Pro Bowl are taking a pounding!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Patriots player missing Pro Bowl are taking a pounding!

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

and all the fans that whine about this game  hey it's not for you!!!! it's for the players.  It's like working your butt off all year and being awarded a great all expenses paid trip for your efforts.  and shut up Goodall god I'm so sick of him and the stupid fines and everything he s about. now he wants to take something else away from the players, all under the guise of the fans not liking it. No wonder the players hate him.

your two posts are perfect  :  )

will you marry me?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LHNYJ. Show LHNYJ's posts

Hey 71 and good afternoon to you too!

I couldn't be a fan of a team that was caught cheating the greatest game ever played. That brings up the age old question of :If you are a pats fan does that mean that you condone cheating in sports??

Outside of NE.. the pats are NOT liked for the above mentioned reason.That's it!

So Mallett is the guy next year huh? there goes BB's run!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Maybe they deserve the bashing.  Seriously, some of the stuff they do is just not cool.  I'm done defending them on things like this because they bring this stuff on themselves.  Come on, it isn't hard for BB to talk to reporters on the field after the games, when they lose, THE FANS VOTE them to the Pro Bowl, show some respect to their fans, go enjoy a free trip and collect some cash.  It really isn't to hard to do these things.  The seem like really sore losers pulling this stuff.

I kind of agree with this sentiment.  While the Pro Bowl is really not important in the grand scheme of things, the not-really-injured Pats look like sour-grapes when compared to their counterparts on other teams.  In fact, it definitely looks like a BB type move when they lose...taking their ball and going home.

In other news...Mayo was invisible. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

My two cents:

The Pro Bowl is nothing but a garden party for the players and whatever physical stuff that goes on is enough hitting to make tackles etc.  For a player who is healthy enough to make it through that last AFCCG game could at least show up at the Pro Bowl to acknowledge they were voted to the game.  A few plays and they can take a graceful bow out as a thank you to the fans and players who voted them in.  I do not know what injury report came out after the AFCCG, but, why didn't Brady, Welker and the rest of the Pats who were voted to the game not attend?  Nursing bruises is something they do all season, what is one more easy type of a game to please the fans?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

My two cents:

The Pro Bowl is nothing but a garden party for the players and whatever physical stuff that goes on is enough hitting to make tackles etc.  For a player who is healthy enough to make it through that last AFCCG game could at least show up at the Pro Bowl to acknowledge they were voted to the game.  A few plays and they can take a graceful bow out as a thank you to the fans and players who voted them in.  I do not know what injury report came out after the AFCCG, but, why didn't Brady, Welker and the rest of the Pats who were voted to the game not attend?  Nursing bruises is something they do all season, what is one more easy type of a game to please the fans?

Agree completely and TFB12 is 100% correct. They definitely should have been there and it doesn't reflect well at all. They have all off-season to recover. Brady should have been out there tossing a few passes and then sitting down. It comes across as sort of childish and spoiled when all the other players from teams that lost are there. Yes the pro bowl is a joke but more people watch it than watched the World Series! They should keep it and move it back to the week follwing the season, add a skills challenge, and everyone is happy. They could also increase the pay outs a little more so the players try a little harder.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

15 players did not go because of injury. To go after the Pats is not all that bad but others played in games in the playoffs and did not go. The only one of the 15 is RG3 who did not have a debatable injury.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

BTW just remember we had a great rookie RB who blew out his knee and ended his career in a meaning less rookie tag football game on the beach at the pro bowl. 

So the Pats have every right to be cautious with whom goes and does not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

To honor the game and the fans the PATS should have went. I was impressed the way Manning talked about the game, the honor to be voted in by his peers, and how fortunate he was to play with some of the greats from other teams. Very standup. 

If Brady went nothing would have ben said about the other PATS missing the game. He's been one of the faces of the NFL and the PATS. He should have tossed a couple of balls, sign a few auto's and enjoy Hawaii.

I just hope he wasn't doing a GQ shoot instead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

No offense, but I don't want any of my dinged up players playing in a meaningless game.

Fans can see Tom Brady all year long on tv during real games.  There is no skills competition like the other sports have and the game is physical and it has to be.  It's not like hockey when you can just skate around, pass and score.

It's high time they do away with it/change the format.

I see your point, but, to not even make an appearance?  I know these Pats players aren't the only ones who did not show up, but a majority of them?  There was no news at all, other than they are not attending, to explain why.  I did not see Wilfork or Brady limping across that field after the AFCCG.  I do not recall, but, how many times has Brady been selected for the Pro-Bowl and then elect not to attend?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to FishTaco64's comment:

Most of the players that skipped have been there and done that, why not give younger guys a chance to enjoy it?

You are probably right.  Although, for some reason Peyton Manning always participates, if I am not mistaken.  At his age, he certainly didn't have to attend the game and fans would have understood. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Sorry but I must question the life of anybody who would have actually watched the Pro Bowl, in whole or in part. Why?

Did you know they were running Moonshiners on Discovery? And Lizard Lick Towing on whatever channel that is on.

I was watching Netflix myself.  

Speaking of "Fan Love and Respect" for Pro Bowl Players,  Slater and Mayo showed up for the Game and were Booed during the introduction.  

One other Patriots nugget from the Pro Bowl -- Mayo and Slater were booed during introductions

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

I don't think it matters what the Patriot Team and Organization does from this point.  The only way they get back to being loved nationwide is if they become perennial underdogs again by losing game after game after game for a few years.  If this happened and they began to win again, Football "Fans" from other parts of the country would love them again.  

I believe this is part of the human condition.  :)

I think most of us could lve with them being hated for a long time to come.

Absolutely!

Not too many Pats fans here in NC.   My neighbors wife is originally from San Diego and she knows how much of a Patriot Fan I am.  She hasn't come out and said it but I can tell that she hates the Pats.   We were at a cookout last summer and her Son was here visiting from Seattle and is a big Seahawk fan.   He and I were talking about football and he tried to tactfully talk about how Bill Belichick was "morally challenged".  So I asked him about Pete Carroll's recruiting violations at USC etc.  His face turned red and then we both agreed that none of  the coaches are saints.  

So basically it's all BS.   I'm a Patriots Fan and all Patriots Haters can KMA.

It's just jealousy. I've lived in Chicago and now back to NC out of college, have friends from different parts of the country and I just stay out of any passionate NFL discussion with them because it just isn't worth it.   Barring a very few organizations, clearly the Pats are one of the elite and have been for so long now it drives many nuts.

Philip Rivers went to NC State, so his following is big around here, which means a lot of bandwagon Chargers fans. And we know how much SD has struggled to hurdle NE in the AFC in the last 10 years.  Many are crazy with jealousy of Brady, BB, and how the Pats manage things as compared to SD.

I think deep down they know the anti-Pats bias exists, how the media perpetuates it, etc, but it's fans who play along and use it as an excuse, etc, with as to why really why it continues.

actually its fans like u that have a lot to do with whatever anti-pats feelings there are out there...the real ones btw not the ones u make up in ur head

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The only AS game that they aactually play all facets of the game is baseball. The others play little defense thus the very high scores. Baseball is the only one with any meaning. Go or do not go it is no big deal for anyone except those that wish to make news out of nothing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

The only AS game that they aactually play all facets of the game is baseball. The others play little defense thus the very high scores. Baseball is the only one with any meaning. Go or do not go it is no big deal for anyone except those that wish to make news out of nothing.

Watching baseball is so boring, it's so slow, it's pretty easy to play all facets of the game.  Stand around, wait, throw ball, hit ball, get ball, throw ball, stand around, wait. repeat!.  I'm to sleep by the 2nd inning anyways!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

In response to LHNYJ's comment:

Hey 71 and good afternoon to you too!

I couldn't be a fan of a team that was caught cheating the greatest game ever played. That brings up the age old question of :If you are a pats fan does that mean that you condone cheating in sports??

Outside of NE.. the pats are NOT liked for the above mentioned reason.That's it!

So Mallett is the guy next year huh? there goes BB's run!

The two biggest instances of cheating involved the Elway-era Broncos who deliberately cheated the salary cap system and the New Orleans Saints with their bounty system.

As has been stated repeatedly by most coaches is that every team was doing it.  It was an accepted practice throughout the league through the final year that the Patriots won their last Superbowl.

The year that Goodell screwed the Patriots, the League put out a letter saying that the practice had to stop.  Belichick tested that letter and lost.  So, he "cheated" for a game and a half.

The media spins the story into something that it is not because Belichik keeps his cards close to the vest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

They still play the Pro Bowl game?  Jeez I thought it had finally been changed to what it should be, just an award ceremony.  Who watches that half speed crap anyway? 

Seriously though, ever since we lost that up and coming star of a RB in a game of tag football in the sand at the PB, I have not been a fan.  Not sure why people bowing out would be considered a big deal, there's always some backup who would rather go anyway.  And not for nothing, but can you imagine the mindset of the majority of Pats players right now?  To come so close yet again, and lay a stinker.  I wouldn't want to go either.  Rather go home, spend time with my family and try and get my mind off football for a little while. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Sorry but I must question the life of anybody who would have actually watched the Pro Bowl, in whole or in part. Why?

Did you know they were running Moonshiners on Discovery? And Lizard Lick Towing on whatever channel that is on.

I actually got into the Swampers (Troy Rules!) and the logging guys last year or so

and Pawn Stars is the best

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

The Pro Bowl is why jealous and enraged fans don't like the Pats? Please, dude. The Chiefs had 8 players go.

Case closed.

I am sorry, but I don't know anyone about a soon to be defunct exhibition game who cares about who plays in that game. It's a joke beyond belief.

How does it make sense for the people whining about why Pats players aren't there, being the same ones who whine about them all year?

The Pats bashing, in this never-ending fear of them possibly winning another SB with BB and Brady, is sick.

Absolutely sick. The media just thrives on that angle, too.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Yes, you are a mosquito.