Patriots prepared to lose Koppen and Light

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots prepared to lose Koppen and Light

Patriots prepared to lose Matt Light, Dan Koppen

Matt LightAP

In the weeks since the Patriots lost the Super Bowl, we’ve passed along reports noting that tackle Matt Light could retire, and that center Dan Koppencould leave via free agency.

The Patriots are prepared for both scenarios.

Greg A. Bedard of the Boston Globe reports that the Patriots are satisfied with where they are on the offensive line even if both Light and Koppen depart this offseason.

New England expects veteran right guard Brian Watersto return for another year and to sign center Dan Connolly to a new deal before the free agency period starts on March 13. The Patriots also like what they have in young offensive linemen Nick McDonaldRyan Wendell and Marcus Cannon, and they’d be satisfied with Nate Solder and Sebastian Vollmer as their starting tackles.

It’s still far from a sure thing that Light will retire at the age of 33. But if he does, the Patriots think they’ll be just fine without him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Patriots prepared to lose Koppen and Light

Or neither.....lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The press being the press...   need some air conditioning around here!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Neither. Light can ride the pine and get his coin. Why would you leave when you can get one last pay check. Then you field the offers in FA next year and decide if its worth one more go. AKA Strayhan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

The big problem with Light retiring would be a lack of depth at Tackle. Had we not had him last year, we would have been in trouble when Vollmer went down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

The Vollmer situation, because it was a back injury, is of some concern. Last season was pretty much a wasted year, for all intents.
    I've read that they were planning on keeping Cannon at Tackle, which is fine as long as Waters returns in 2012.
    In the end, I'd like Matt Light to return if its affordable.
    Good luck and thanks for the years of solid play, DK.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Does anyone think Koppen will get much interest in FA at his age and coming off an injury? The Pats might be able to have him back at a good price. It'd be nice to see Light back again for another year like Fishtaco and Oscargamble said, Vollmer's back worries me

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

dont forget Gronk had back problems the year that he came out, so while they are worrying full recovery isn't imposibile 

Sections
Shortcuts