Patriots Pro Bowlers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Patriots Pro Bowlers

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

And guys try not to step all over babes agenda that BB actually knows nothing about team building. He's had a rough couple of days. 

The last couple of days have been business as usual. That's how it goes when you embrace the truth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think McCourty does some great things in a BB coached defense. Put him in another scheme, he may not play as well Put him in a 3rd scheme he may be great.

Can take the top off of most routes. Great help bracketing a CB underneath. Can cover a WR or TE in single cover. Ok tackler. 

Put him in Pitts defense and I think he is not a playing much. I think he would thrive in Tex's defense. 

How did he miss those INT's last week??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

In response to MattC05's comment:

I think Edelman deserved to be in the list

Not over any of the receivers on that list.  Not even close.

Punter returner

Edelman is a good PR, but McCluster and Brown were statistically better this season and deserved to be listed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to quinzpatsfan's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Brady, Mankins, Slater, Talib

Possibly McCourty and wouldn't be surprise if Gronk got in even though he hardly played.

McCourty? McCOURTY?

The guy is a salvage project at safety, not a star.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1848925-devin-mccourty-developing-into-premier-nfl-safety

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/pro_bowl_snubs_include_devin_mccourty_muhammad_wilkerson_julian_edelman_on_2014_roster/15403603

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000289608/article/earl-thomas-jairus-byrd-top-list-of-nfls-best-safeties

http://nesn.com/2013/12/devin-mccourty-deserves-to-be-ranked-higher-than-10th-in-pro-bowl-voting-and-other-patriots-thoughts/

He was 10th in probowl votes, many sources say he's better.  The only salvage project is your analysis.

Babe just curious you always seem to post negative stuff about BB's job as a GM, what do you think of him as a GM, worst ever, OK, terrible, maybe if you could use a ranking 1 for worst and 10 for best, GM not just drafter, unless you want to break down his GM duties drafter, UDFA, FA signings, who he lets walk, trades, etc..  Also I'm curious of what you think of him as a coach again if you would be so kind 1 as worst and 10 as best to every coach the game.  maybe we can debate a bit.

Most of your sources are NE guys.

I have said McCourty has played better at S than at CB. I'm just not seeing him as a great player at that position.

I've said BB is an average GM 100 times at least. He's a 6.

As a HC I would give him a 9 out of 10. He's the best in the game.

I have no idea if yardbarker or bleacher are pro NE, the NFL source listed him as top 5.  We can agree to disagree I think he is a great player, maybe next year we'll have a more definitive answer.

I'd like to debate the GM at a 6 some time. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think McCourty does some great things in a BB coached defense. Put him in another scheme, he may not play as well Put him in a 3rd scheme he may be great.

Can take the top off of most routes. Great help bracketing a CB underneath. Can cover a WR or TE in single cover. Ok tackler. 

Put him in Pitts defense and I think he is not a playing much. I think he would thrive in Tex's defense. 

McCourty needs to step up his interception game, if he's going to make it to elite level he needs to improve.  I don't agree on ok tackler, he's not a super heavy hitter but is very fundamentally sound and takes good angles on runners, I feel like his run support is one of his strong suits, again not from a fear factor just stoppping the runner from advancing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I have no idea if yardbarker or bleacher are pro NE, the NFL source listed him as top 5.  We can agree to disagree I think he is a great player, maybe next year we'll have a more definitive answer.

I'd like to debate the GM at a 6 some time. 

If you search the authors you will fing most of them are NE connected. The NFL guy, maybe not.

The BBGM thing has been debated 1000 times here. But I'm always up for more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

McCourty needs to step up his interception game, if he's going to make it to elite level he needs to improve.  I don't agree on ok tackler, he's not a super heavy hitter but is very fundamentally sound and takes good angles on runners, I feel like his run support is one of his strong suits, again not from a fear factor just stoppping the runner from advancing.

^ I agree. This is a rather objective view of him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Habitually, doesn't NE have some of the fewest pro-bowlers given how much this franchise wins year in and year out?  As noted earlier, how does Ghost, who leads the NFL kickers in scoring, NOT make the pro-bowl team?

Is this a testament to BB and how he builds a team which has few "high profile" stars and a very good group of journeymen who play well together?  It seems the Pats, unlike many other NFL teams, can have all sorts of injuries, even to key players, and yet they keep winning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Our resident Brady bashing troll must be soiling his pampers.  The two players he attacks most on this team (Brady  + Mankins) are Pro Bowlers with no mention of his beloved  Mike "Dink" Vrabel or Devin "German Sheppard hips" McCourt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just find it interesting that five years after our "rebuilding on the fly" project has been completed there is not one single player that we drafted or signed as a free agent on that "pro bowl" list. Here we are five years later...we had more draft picks than anyone...we had as much or more free agent money to spend...we were supposed to be smarter than everyone, yet not one single player drafted or signed as a free agent during that time are on this list. That is roughly 150 players that the "greatest gm in history" brought in, yet not a single one of them made the pro bowl.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...Bill Belichick is the best coach in the NFL, Brady is the best QB in football...the both of them make up for a average performance of our GM over the last half decade. And by the way, we will officialy be entering "Salary Cap Hell" next year, except when most teams enter that fictitious relm they would of had at least one pro bowler from that scrap heap.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No Tompkins?  No Dobson?  No Hightower?

No SUDFELD?  I heard that Sudfeld emerged.

Nice to see Brady and Mankins on the list.  They are #1 and #2 on Rusty's target list.  Owned.

Sections
Shortcuts