Patriots profit by running more - 2nd post

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Patriots profit by running more - 2nd post

I have seen many posts on the weakness of the pats running game.
    Today I read this article below and it had a different slant on our run
    progress. Thoughts

"In the last five games the Pats have dropped back to pass 196 times and run 139 rushing plays - a 58.5 percent passing rate. In that time the Pats have a4-1 record and scored 32.8 points per game (26.3 with out teh Titans blow out)

Brady has thrown 13 TD's and only 2 INT's for 287.6 yards per game

Since shifting to a more balanced passing attack in week three the Pats have gone from 78 yards for the first two games to 129.8 avg since."
    Paraphrased from Adam Kilgore article.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Patriots profit by running more - 2nd post

Yeah, I read that as well.  Apparently they are running better than we thought. 

I think the run by committee kind of makes you feel like they are not really running the ball as oppose to having 1 RB doing the work.

I'm not sure if its the same article or another but they were mentioning on how the OLine wants run more, but if they are not opening the holes then BB takes the run away.

Hopefully during this bye week the OLine got the most out of their rest and film, so they can begin to get more dominant on the ground.

Respect the run...Get smoked with the pass.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

The first couple games reminded me of watching Bledsoe. They were throwing it way too much and TB wasn't even close to having his timing back, the run was telegraphed, nothing seemed to work, they were off balance, the defense wasn't on the same page...
    With that said they're still ranked 14th in the league rushing, 2nd passing for a 3rd overall. You can't take out the Titan game anymore than you can take out the Jets/Bills games. It is what it is and if they can maintain this balanced attack (even if the run is just to keep them honest) than they'll be fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Obviously, the running game would be mucyh more effective if the team had a legitimate #1 RB.  (Too bad Fred went down.)  Hopefully, the patchwork will continue to keep the (opposing) defense honest.

Sections
Shortcuts