Patriots proving draft dominance with release of Wheatley and Mckenzie!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Patriots proving draft dominance with release of Wheatley and Mckenzie!

The simple mind will have you believe that the Pats don't draft well since they just released some high draft picks. I say this just proves how well we draft and sign quality players, as well as how efficient we work the draft! We have used more picks then most teams in the league and it is not that we are "missing" on these players but that we have hit on so many! Guys can't even get playing time because we are so deep.

Look at all of the "Where is Taylor Price" posts. Who is Price going to beat out for playing time? We are the deepest team in football at almost every position. We have already lost over 4 split time starters and have the best record in the game! We are set up for success for the next 5 years! Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Patriots proving draft dominance with release of Wheatley and Mckenzie!

It's a crapshoot anyway but we've managed/minimized the risk better than other teams, I think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Wow...really?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Patriots proving draft dominance with release of Wheatley and Mckenzie!:
    [QUOTE]The simple mind will have you believe that the Pats don't draft well since they just released some high draft picks. I say this just proves how well we draft and sign quality players, as well as how efficient we work the draft! We have used more picks then most teams in the league and it is not that we are "missing" on these players but that we have hit on so many! Guys can't even get playing time because we are so deep. Look at all of the "Where is Taylor Price" posts. Who is Price going to beat out for playing time? We are the deepest team in football at almost every position. We have already lost over 4 split time starters and have the best record in the game! We are set up for success for the next 5 years! Go Pats!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Here we go again......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think our depth is really thin at this point and we had better stay healthy or it'll be a huge problem. We have currently one and a half running backs that play (Woodhead and Law Firm). If Price was good enough we never would have traded for Branch. They added Mankins to the roster right away because we had no depth. The D line has been saved by the play of Deadric, but do you think we could afford to loose anyone there? Who's backing up the linebackers? The safety spot has good depth, but if there is another injury to the corners we'll be signing guys off the street. Lucky for us we hit on ; Woodhead, McCordney, Hernandez, Gronk, Spikes, Deadric and some others.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

How many second or third round picks from 2008 are still in the league?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am assuming this thread title is not sarcastic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots proving draft dominance with release of Wheatley and Mckenzie!:
    [QUOTE]I think our depth is really thin at this point and we had better stay healthy or it'll be a huge problem. We have currently one and a half running backs that play (Woodhead and Law Firm). If Price was good enough we never would have traded for Branch. They added Mankins to the roster right away because we had no depth. The D line has been saved by the play of Deadric, but do you think we could afford to loose anyone there? Who's backing up the linebackers? The safety spot has good depth, but if there is another injury to the corners we'll be signing guys off the street. Lucky for us we hit on ; Woodhead, McCordney, Hernandez, Gronk, Spikes, Deadric and some others.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

"Our depth is thin"?

Do you really think they would have released a practice squad player if "our depth was thin"?

You are deranged, kid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Excellent swift cuts.  Unfortunately he held onto both Maroney and Hobbs for 2 years to long. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/11/06/personnel-guru-gil-brandt-weighs-in-on-the-success-thus-far-of-2010-patriots-draft/

Personnel guru Gil Brandt weighs in on the success of 2010 Patriots draft class

Had a great chat on Friday with Gil Brandt, who served as the Dallas Cowboys vice president of player personnel during the Boys’ heyday in the 70s.

I wanted his take on the Pats 2010 crop of rookies draft picks, many of whom are starting on defense or had a few starts with the unit (Devin McCourty, Brandon Spikes, Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Deaderick), have made an impact with the offense (Aaron Hernandez, Rob Gronkowski) and special teams (Zoltan Mesko).

Brandt, who currently works as a Sirius NFL commentator, provided some interesting insights and and made a parallel to one of his most successful drafts. That came in 1975 with the Cowboys, where he drafted 12 guys, and all 12 were contributors to the Super Bowl-winning team that year. To this day, it’s considered one of the best drafts of all time.

”Those 12 guys were the catalysts as far as special teams players, as far as bringing new energy to the team, and when I see the Patriots play now, I’m reminded of that,” Brandt said. ”Bill Belichick and the whole organization deserve a lot of accolades for this draft. They’ve retooled and gotten better because of these young players.”

For more of the interview with Brandt, who also provides a bit of a preview to the 2011 draft where the Pats hold two selections each in the first three rounds, check on my Sunday NFL notes package.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots proving draft dominance with release of Wheatley and Mckenzie!:
    [QUOTE]Excellent swift cuts.  Unfortunately he held onto both Maroney and Hobbs for 2 years to long. 
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Amen to that!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

McKenzie was drafted with two good knees.  He wrecked his ACL and MCL in minicamp.  How does McKenzie having an apparently fatal football accident reflect on the Patriots' ability to make good draft picks?  Is the front office supposed to be psychic now?