Patriots/Raiders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Patriots/Raiders

Thoughts on the upcoming game?

I think it's going to be a tough one. I know the Patriots just don't lose two games in a row under Brady/Belichick but I'm realizing that this is the season to throw all that stuff out the window.

The Raiders beat themselves a lot with stupid penalties and careless turnovers but they're fast, they're physical, and at home, they're just vicious. I like how they play. Seymour looks like he's still got something left in the tank. Campbell is making the throws. The throw that iced the win for them yesterday was simply amazing. Brady/Manning-esque.

Our run defense has been pretty good so far. Nothing great but nothing exceptional either. I hope Haynesworth is back for this game. Otherwise, McFadden is going to go bananas on us.

I'm sure Chung will be back. Look for a ton of Welker again. A sharp Brady.

I've got Patriots 31 Raiders 21.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Re: Patriots/Raiders

It will be a test again if the defensive unit is on the same page.  Turnover is KO; cannot run the ball efectively is <50% to win games.

In Response to Patriots/Raiders:
    [QUOTE]Thoughts on the upcoming game? I think it's going to be a tough one. I know the Patriots just don't lose two games in a row under Brady/Belichick but I'm realizing that this is the season to throw all that stuff out the window. The Raiders beat themselves a lot with stupid penalties and careless turnovers but they're fast, they're physical, and at home, they're just vicious. I like how they play. Seymour looks like he's still got something left in the tank. Campbell is making the throws. The throw that iced the win for them yesterday was simply amazing. Brady/Manning-esque. Our run defense has been pretty good so far. Nothing great but nothing exceptional either. I hope Haynesworth is back for this game. Otherwise, McFadden is going to go bananas on us. I'm sure Chung will be back. Look for a ton of Welker again. A sharp Brady. I've got Patriots 31 Raiders 21.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Raiders do look like a very physical team that's playing passionate football. 

I think if we can keep them from running at will against us like they did the the Jets, we should have a chance. 

On our side, Brady has to get under center more often and we need to run the ball with BJGE & Ridley.  This will open up some big play action opportunities as we get deeper into the game...  I'm growing very tired of  us being in the shotgun and throwing it 70% of the time.  Yes, we'll win some games that way but as more teams study our film, they'll adapt and come up with defensive strategy against it.  I'd rather do that in the 2nd half if needed! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I kind of feel like the Pats are going to lay the wood on Oakland. Can't imagine this is going to be a very fun week of practice whereas they might let their guard down after a big win over New York.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

The Raiders looked pretty good yesterday.  I will add that the game was decided by a handful of plays.  McFadden had a 70 yard TD run and Cromartie fumbled a kick near the end zone right after a Raiders score, then the Raiders scored again.  The Raiders D stepped up at times, but Sanchez looked pretty good, as he has since the end of last season.  If he can do that well against the Raiders with no running game, Brady will absolutely shred them.  Unfortunately, if the Raiders can have success against the Jets D, they will likely do the same to us.  McFadden is a beast.  Once again, we are going to need 30 some points to have a chance to win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaiderPat. Show RaiderPat's posts

goodluck guys!! holy smoke i dont wanna play an angry patriots..we will see which dmac will have a better game  darren mcfadden or devin mccourty
    and i believe that devin is due for a pick six...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Raiders struggled against Jets no huddle.  This is a game to stay in shotgun and keep them spread.

If Pats stop the run they should handle them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Patriots/Raiders:
    [QUOTE]Thoughts on the upcoming game? I think it's going to be a tough one. I know the Patriots just don't lose two games in a row under Brady/Belichick but I'm realizing that this is the season to throw all that stuff out the window. The Raiders beat themselves a lot with stupid penalties and careless turnovers but they're fast, they're physical, and at home, they're just vicious. I like how they play. Seymour looks like he's still got something left in the tank. Campbell is making the throws. The throw that iced the win for them yesterday was simply amazing. Brady/Manning-esque. Our run defense has been pretty good so far. Nothing great but nothing exceptional either. I hope Haynesworth is back for this game. Otherwise, McFadden is going to go bananas on us. I'm sure Chung will be back. Look for a ton of Welker again. A sharp Brady. I've got Patriots 31 Raiders 21.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

not this year, at least as far as I've seen.  they run the ball, don't turn it over, and maybe get an average amount of penalties

the Patriots' best chance is forcing them to play from behind because their passing offense isn't talented enough like Buffalo's (or even Miami's) to capitalize on the Patriots' biggest weakness.  Put another way, I'd be appalled if Oakland was able to air it out on the Pats

If the Pats can contain McFadden, I don't see anything from the Raiders' receivers, tight ends, or QB to make me think they can match up with the Pats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaiderPat. Show RaiderPat's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots/Raiders:
    [QUOTE]Raiders struggled against Jets no huddle.  This is a game to stay in shotgun and keep them spread. If Pats stop the run they should handle them.
    Posted by BSII[/QUOTE]
    correct you dont want to run the ball agains the raiders these guys are tough
    they will punch you in the mouth.they're getting bully

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

PhatRex = Beyond obsessed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I wouldn't want to be the Raiders this week.  They are in for an a** whoopin.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Not too worried about the Raiders, as the Pats are due for a big game after a tough loss. PATS 45 Raiders 17

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]Not too worried about the Raiders, as the Pats are due for a big game after a tough loss. PATS 45 Raiders 17
    Posted by BostonIrishGuy[/QUOTE]

Right, how do you explain the last three weeks where each QB passed all over our D? Just because were not as lucky against the Bills to have our D play so poorly and still scrape by with win, does not mean we will suddenly be able to stop the team that put up 30 the last two weeks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

Pats will score 30+. Raiders will score 30+. Should be a great game. And thanks for Seymour. Bill thought he was done. HAHAHAHA

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Raiders are on an emotional high right now - going to be trouble for the Pats in Oakland.  Jets follow, then the Cowboys.  Pats 3-3 at the break.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Campbell at times can play a great game, other times not so much. Let's hope he has a lousy game this week, oh wait that never happens with our defense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Pats will score 30+. Raiders will score 30+. Should be a great game. And thanks for Seymour. Bill thought he was done. HAHAHAHA

Wow that Seymore that you got, will have to play the Seymore that we got (Solder). I agree that the scores going to be run up on both sides. I aint afraid of no Campbell!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Pats will score 30+. Raiders will score 30+. Should be a great game. And thanks for Seymour. Bill thought he was done. HAHAHAHA
    Posted by SandyRowBelfast[/QUOTE]

BB didn't want to pay for him... he didn't think Richard was done.  There's a difference, but ya' welcome.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The Pats, make that BB, will not let what happened in the Bills' game happen again.  They will keep the pedal to the metal and step on the jugular once ahead.  I would not want to be the next team to play the Pats after a poor performance.  To make a comparison, look at what happened to the Steelers, IN Pittsburgh, after the Pats lost to the Browns.  'nuff said!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

Two things we know for sure:

The immortal Jason Campbell will throw for 500 yards on our defense.

Our offense will score about 35 points.