Patriots real season starts tonight...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chowdakid. Show chowdakid's posts

Patriots real season starts tonight...

The stretch run for the patriots starts tonight and this may as well be the toughest stretch of thier season.   7-3 is a good record, however many would agree that the toughness of the last 6 games means that the playoffs are not a sure thing!!

Injuries and inconsistency on Offense especially with play-calling (seattle) and the running game I'm just not sure which Patriots team is going to show up. As for the defense, sadly we pretty much know which team will show up and that is concerning.

In there next six games @Jets, @Dolphins, vs Houston, vs Sanfran., @Jax, and finally vs Dolphins, I say maybe 2 wins are better than average to happen, but then again look at what Jags almost did to Houston so you never know...

Anyhow if the Patriots go 3-3 in thier last 6, ten wins may not be enough to get into the playoffs, of course they could do what the Giants did last year and just have enough to win thier division but remember this is the AFC a little bit harder to get a 9 or 10 win team into the playoffs...    If the Patriots win 4 out of 6 and finish with 11 win season that should be enough to get into the playoffs but that will not be easy...

If anything else it will be interesting... If the patriots want to make a playoff run easier they might want to win there next 2 divisional games because if they slip up here they may not make it if they don't win thier division...     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Re: Patriots real season starts tonight...

If the PATS take care of business only two of these last six games should be tough.  That would be Houston and San Francisco.  I think tHey will win at least one of those games, since they are both at home.  I see them finishing no worse than 11-5, but more likely 12-4.  Hopefully they run the table and finish 13-3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Yes, the Patriots are beatable. However, I think you are far overestimating the other playoff contenders.

Texans 10-1
    Ravens 8-2
    Patriots 7-3
    Broncos 7-3
    Steelers 6-4
    Colts 6-4

Bengals 5-5
    Chargers 4-6
    Titans 4-6
    Jets 4-6

In order for the Patriots to miss the playoffs at 10-6, the Bengals will have to have a 5-1 finish and the Chargers, Titans or Jets will have to win out. Like that's gonna happen!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

10 wins easily gets them in the playoffs. Nobody else in the division will finish with a winning record. 13-3 would be sweet , and possible but I'm thinking 12-4 . The most important thing is their health and to peak for the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Houston and SF are the only ones on that list to scare me and those games are at home which is a plus.  The Pats are getting better and the defense isn't looking too badly.  Right now the Pats are on a roll.  Peaking too early?  Perhaps, but I wouldn't want to face the Pats right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The texans d looked like ours yesterday for a while but they didn't have to defend Tom Brady.   Texans should have lost the last couple.  They are beatable.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The texans d looked like ours yesterday for a while but they didn't have to defend Tom Brady.   Texans should have lost the last couple.  They are beatable.  

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree, particularly with the way the Pats are playing right now.  That much-maligned Pats defense looks (at least to me) better every week, Brady and the offense is extraordinary and special teams have been making plays.  And I'm not just talking about the Jets game.  

The Texans are indeed very beatable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree, particularly with the way the Pats are playing right now.  That much-maligned Pats defense looks (at least to me) better every week, Brady and the offense is extraordinary and special teams have been making plays.  And I'm not just talking about the Jets game.  

The Texans are indeed very beatable.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, every team looks beatable. I'd feel a lot better if we could generate a pass rush or not get pushed back in the run game. I'd also feel better if our offensive line would get healthy and we wouldn't have to start Thomas against a good defensive tackle...could you picture him having to block Watt?

I like what Vareen brings to the table in terms of pass catching - he catches it smooth and he has the jets to hurt you. I thought the passing game missed Gronk last night and that's to be expected...maybe in the long run the time without him will improve other people. If we are healthy for the playoffs I like our chances with Brady as the QB (pretty much like every year). 

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts