Patriots Release Leigh Bodden

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden

Wow, all I can say is Wow!  Hope BB has something in the works.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I'm assuming he's a bit of an a sshole then who wasn't happy with the slot role. It's not about a shoulder or groin injury guys honestly they're not that kind of nature of injury. I'm a trainee physio and although they can be tricky injuries when they're healed they're healed. This guy got too big for his boots, let's hope a bottom feeder picks him up and he can regret leaving the pats...just like everyone else!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden:
    Some NFL team who has RCB starting issues is about to land a very good starting CB at a bargain price in 2011. I just REALLY hope it's not an AFC team.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

BB doesn't cut "very good starting CBs" wonderboy.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamchampy. Show iamchampy's posts

They are making room to sign TO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : Sure he does. He basically cut Law and Samuel for financial reasons and went with cheaper options. He also cuts very good starting Safeties in Milloy in 2003.

He let Samuel play out his contract and Law was like 6x more expensive than Bodden.  Considering Bodden's salary and lack of playing time I don't think BB was that happy with his play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

They are making room to sign TO.
    Posted by champy4prez

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

He didn't cut Samuel, Samuel left as a FA when he signed with the Eagles.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : Sure he does. He basically cut Law and Samuel for financial reasons and went with cheaper options. He also cuts very good starting Safeties in Milloy in 2003.

Don't be a wise guy. Of course I was speaking about those under contract like Bodden, not FA guys or guys in the last year of a weighted contract. He didn't cut Samuel. They franchised Samuel one season then let him walk as a FA.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

If Bodden wasn't out injured he was usually 10 yards or so off his receiver.

May be I'm just getting old and my eyes are shot but he played OK early but has brought nothing to the table of late.

As Parcells liked to say I don't care how good you are you ain't any good if you can't stay on the field.

Age, Injuries, High Salary and Marginal Play equals a short stay on the roster.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever hear the whole truth because BB will never let it slip. I would imagine however that multiple issues are involved. Money? I don't know but it could be because It's almost a sure thing that some team will pick him up and we won't have to foot the bill for the rest of his contract. Attitude problem? We'll never know. There is also the issue of these 3 players coming off the pup. I think this is most likely the swaying influence but why Bodden over others? Injuries, Money, Attitude??? Probably all of the above. I'd like to get a hidden camera and a mic into BB's Office.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

BB chose to 'skip' the question about his play.  I think that pretty much tells the story. I can't recall too many players that BB hasn't lauded on the way out in one form or another. Even Meriweather got good treatment, with BB basically noting his contributions.  Bodden never looked the same after the injury. He was terrible at points this season. And scarily enough, usually against the 3rd or 2nd WR a team offered NE in matchups.  His replacement?? I don't know. Possibly the practice play of Ras-I has made the 'warm body' expendable?
    Posted by zbellino

Amen, brother. BB's silence speaks volumes. As I stated months ago, over some heavy criticism by certain koolaiders, Bodden couldn't be counted on. He was overrated, and injury prone.

Ras-I Dowling can play. His ability to stay healthy will go a long way towards how successful the Pats will be this season.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

If BB liked how Bodden was playing so much then why did he refuse to answer any questions about his play?  BB has had no problem complimenting players before releasing them in the past.  What was different this time?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : I am assuming this is sarcasm?

I think the Pats locker room needs more popcorn and vicodin.  Don't you?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Let Bodden sign elsewhere, he'll be on IR before the season ends.

Who exactly has burned us after BB cut em loose? Very, very, very few.

The issue is not RasI Dowling it's simply Bodden. His constantly being 10 yards off the receiver caused me to rip out what's left of my hair.

We'll never know the inside story.

Those that looked at the Bears cutting Harris made a great observation. I thought he was worthy of a look.

Those that think someone else may be coming may well be right but I think it will be someone coming off PUP that takes the spot.

Football is cruel if your a player. Doesn't matter a rats azz what you did a year or two ago. It's always about the here and now and Bodden had clearly reached the end of his time. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

its not the first suprize transaction and wont be the last he was getting starting money and was replaced by kyle arrington...who is faster, hits harder, tackles better and right now is major cheap... that bodden money is going to him...

they been playing ring around the rosey with the back end corners anyway... lets move on people... he wouldnt have cut him if he didnt think he could...

Sections
Shortcuts