Patriots Release Leigh Bodden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden

In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : The truth is, you're too busy living in a Madden video game where it;'s not reality and you know very little abot the game or the NFL. Z is the same guy who didn't know who RIdley was yet he's an  LSU fan/started praising Ridley after his first big action in the regular season, was wrong in the union/non-union debates when vehemently praising unions, apparently because he's a teacher, and got all whiny when people pointed out why unions don't work, etc. He's the same guy who also refuses to accept that Brady has a little bit of a problem staring down WRs and TEs too long because he's become spoiled with Welker's genius over the middle. The results of that obsession show us a blown playoff game last year and a blown game up inn Buffalo this year. But, let's constantly focus on the D. The offense has no responsibility because Brady has stats, right Hurlie?  All that matters is stats. Gee, do you think Moss was traded on a whim? Wake up, dumbos. He's also the same guy who apparently praises when our offense completely botches scoring any points, turning it over, etc, only to blame the D because Brady and Welker don't play defense. Did I cover it all? Probably not. You two talk about of both sides of your mouth and make the Gasper/Felger agendas look like child's play.  You're little group is this board's verison of that. That's all you do.   This team has looked FANTASTIC on D the last two weeks and you don't say a word.   Try being consistent and rational and you'll actually look like you have a clue. The world is an imperfect place and sometimes things don't go 100% perfectly, like in this case here. I'd pay money to wach your immature behavior if something in real life went wrong for you. lmao What would you do if you spilled your milk, cry?  Have a temper tantrum? The only idiots here are people like you.  You clearly nevery played football and when it comes to business, you have a nary a clue because you don't even get the salary cap, returns on assets, the fact you need 53 players. This isn't fantasy football or a video game. You're the equivalent of a Packers fan saying their D stinks.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Lmao!!! You knew I was talking about you when I was talking about the village idiot! I love it. Too bad you can't figure out why we usually win every week during the regular season...I'll fill you in...it's Brady - our offense - and some very good coaching by Belichick. When you give Belichick more than that (a defense) we usually win Super Bowls. I miss those things:(    I'll miss idiots on this board (you specifically) in 5 years...after he retires, because we won't be winning much anymore and you'll disappear.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rotorhead. Show Rotorhead's posts

The guy is going VFR Direct to Pittsburgh, they need CB's bad and he probably still has the game plan in his head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]The guy is going VFR Direct to Pittsburgh, they need CB's bad and he probably still has the game plan in his head.
    Posted by Rotorhead[/QUOTE]

Has to clear waivers, which is probably why they did it today.  So he couldn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]Apparently he was expendable. More house cleaning by BB, I like.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more.  The team just got better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

russ must have shat himself with this news. he cant possibly defend bb after the release of the most underrated db in the nfl.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

My guess is that several of the PUP guys are ready and they need a spot.  Someone had to go.  (Guess I know what position will be their first pick in the draft next spring?)  But I wonder how much is pass rush?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]If Bodden wasn't out injured he was usually 10 yards or so off his receiver. May be I'm just getting old and my eyes are shot but he played OK early but has brought nothing to the table of late. As Parcells liked to say I don't care how good you are you ain't any good if you can't stay on the field. Age, Injuries, High Salary and Marginal Play equals a short stay on the roster.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

Totally accurate-(love the Parcells ref)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : I agree this has nothing to due with money. Arrington will be the replacement for now. He has 4 pics already and has proven he is up to the task.
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]
    Arrington recently signed a 2 yr extension.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : He is anti BB King? Gee, I hope he's not anti Howlin' Wolf too.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but sometimes the logic on these threads reminds me most of Muddy Waters.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : Law was also coming off of a foot injury as well. His cap figure was astronomical. He was lobbying for a new contract to boot.  In a manner of speaking, every cut in the NFL is about money. And every cut is about performance. A small few cuts are also about "attitude" and effect in the locker room, though I wouldn't class this in with those.  It's typically crystal clear when a player is in the doghouse here.  The message is pretty easy to decipher. BB likes DMC, Molden, Arrington better than the a configuration that includes Bodden for the price he was getting paid. He was beaten out by Ras-I "Injury Bug" Dowling in game one, right out of camp, and pushed to the slot. He gave up 93 yards to Bess there. And he started losing playing time after the Buffalo game where he gave up a 33 gacker to Johnson and 48 yarder to Donald Jones, of all people. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
    Tremendous info!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : I'm thinking it's probably not Kevin right away, our current O is strong.  I'm thinking BB's looking at Big Ben & Wallace.  We don't have anyone fast enough to keep up with Wallace, so our best defense against him may be forcing Ben out of the pocket, making him throw on the run or off balance.  This would require the D line breaking down the pocket.  If my theory is correct, I'd expect BB is going to fill that spot with one of the D linemen.  Probably Brace.  We're going to need lots of fresh bodies to rush Ben, making him throw sooner than he wants to. Of course, I've been known to be wrong before. "I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." Bertrand Russell
    Posted by BrocktonMike[/QUOTE]
    Isn't Ben more effective out of the pocket?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : The dude is hurt....why do you keep acting like he is something great.  Showed nothing this year to me besides a couple good breakups, but the bad plays outweighed the good. He has to be hurt and that megans he will be hurt wherever he goes. So far as his replacement???  Why are we worried when he wasnt starting?  He needs no replacement.  Molden just steps up to Nickel unless Ras is ready.  S. brown can play dime back, and Arrington has already proved he can start last year and is 2nd in the league in INT's We are fine...we need the d-line help and Faulks catching ability for screens
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
    I agree, a 3rd safety could play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : The problem for wonderboy is that his spin has caught up to him. It begins and ends with his ardent proclamations that BB's brilliant rebuilding plan had come to fruition this year. Of course acquiring a bunch of new guys on defense and booting several mainstays has completely shattered his assertions about the finished rebuilding plan. And his wild eyed rants that our HOF QB is hurting the D is just more of the same spin trying to cover his failed testament that the D was brilliantly rebuilt. Look at his motive and you see the why of his insanity. But he is a good Pats' fan, even if he is a nut case.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%...even the part where he's a good fan (just a little bit blinded by some kool-aid that spills out of the jug as he guzzles it).

Funny thing about Bodden, he was the best player on the field two years ago at a game I was at (Falcons). He single handily covered/owned Roddy White...just owned him - the guy never came close to making a play. It was a thing of beauty...too bad it was all down hill from there...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I just don't understand all the shock.  I have herd nothing good about Bodden's play this year.  Maybe he was part of the problem and not the solution. I'm pretty sure BB knows what he doing and I'm good with it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : Kind of funny referring to Albert Haynesworth, Andre Carter, Mark Anderson, and dinosauric Shaun Ellis as "new blood", but outside of Ellis, each has been more impressive than their counterparts from last season ... even if it has been sporadic, as in Haynesworth's case. Though the guys they replaced were not really lighting the world on fire either. TBC is not even in the NFL right now, nor is Eric Moore. Cunningham has a grand total of 34 snaps in his second season. Meriweather and Sanders are battling for starting spots on their teams.  BB may have a mixed record of late drafting and signing defensive players, but he rarely (if ever) makes mistakes with his 'cuts.' So I don't see why I should doubt him on this one.   I also think Ihedigbo looked credible in the last two ... he made some mistakes, especially letting a play get behind him against the Jets. But nothing as tragic as Barrett/Brown had looked, and he's been more athletic than Sanders had looked previously. He does hit like a truck, which I like. Though to be fair ... cover one wasn't doing this defense (it's safeties/outside corners in particular) any favors the first few games. And they aren't allowed to interfere on every play like the Jets are, lol, which makes the amount of cover-1 they play that much easier. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

re:" And they aren't allowed to interfere on every play like the Jets are, lol, which makes the amount of cover-1 they play that much easier. "

yeah, ive pointed that out too. whats up with that. its not just the jets, from games ive seen, tough def. teams get away with it play in and play out. including dallas. jacksonville the other night was doing the same. christ if every other team is allowed to maul a receiver all the way down the field, why cant we. its very effective

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : Perhaps because CB is one of if not the most difficult position to play in the NFL and a ton of college CB are just converted WR who had no hands or were too small.
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa[/QUOTE]

many other teams seem to be doing pretty good at it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : Perhaps because CB is one of if not the most difficult position to play in the NFL and a ton of college CB are just converted WR who had no hands or were too small.
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa[/QUOTE]

or at least better than us

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : No, no. Not at all. Anyone can question anything as long they can sort of back up the premise.  Trolls or irrationals come in here and just willdy throw things at the wall that aren't representative of WORSE situations on MOST, if not all other 31 NFL teams. At the end of it all, BB makes a lot of great decisions. I made mine clear and it mirrors what Vertigo just said, as well as what Mighty just said. If you look at the other posts of mine you'll see I am just saying it's a risky move, but also they must like what Molden is doing and 9/10 when BB rattles the cage  like this it works.  It just does. Usually, the team responds in such a fashion that they go into an overdrive. It didn't work in 2003 I think because Milloy was captain and it had happened literally 4 days prior to the actual game.  This is close to that, but obviously Bodden wasn't the guy MIlloy was to those teams, etc. This is more shocking to me than the Moss trade last year, because I could see the writing on the wall with Moss and liked the trade for the team's purposes (more balance, more running, etc), and before he was physically dealt away, we heard rumblings of Moss's behavior and his Week 1 press conference. If Bodden was being a distraction, I am all for releasing him in this way. I just hope it doesn/t burn them this week in Pitt, especially with DOwling's situation. 3 CBs for this game who have a clue?  Not ideal. But, that also speaks volumes of maybe how much of an issue Bodden was, I suppose.  If that is the case and it's not tied to roster spots with regards to a Faulk or a Brace/Deaderick scenario. When you hear "they decided to part ways" it does reek of the team not liking the return and the player, if that is legit.  I completely misread Bodden if it's the latter, because I saw him as a good player who played on bad teams. He's no on a good team, but doesn't want to be here because his coach thinks he matches up better against a tougher task in the slot (against larger WRs or TEs)? Compare or crossing pass defense this year to previous years. It's been pretty darn good and he was good at that, but maybe Molden is as good at it?  That's all. If NE wins this game, they are in a driver's seat for the #1 seed and will continue to distance themselves from the Jets.

i like your contributions much much better when you talk football (even if some or many disagree) instead of attacking people. and i never judge someone's posts based on whether they are in agreement or disagreement with bb. to me that is just not intelligent or a healthy thing to do.

great contributions by many on this thread today.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : Tremendous info!
    Posted by teegee[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm trying to split the difference on the sides here. 

In reality, the Pats save nothing against the cap unless another team picks him up. So it's not a cap saving move. If the cap were the big thing in play, and Molden was equal to Bodden, then you wouldn't bring Molden in. Because he costs the team an extra amount for equal play. 

They do pick up a roster spot though. 

So it's really about that ... they needed a roster spot for the guys coming off the PUP, and jettisoned the guy who was their worst corner in their opinion.  

Bodden also gave up the TD to Hartline in that Miami game, and blew a tackle on one a run. I forgot that as well. Add in the boatload of yardage he gave up and it was really disappointing. I was hoping for something a lot more like 2009.

I'm beginning to think NE has a CB curse, lol! Maybe Ty Law learned voodoo and cast some bad ju-ju their way after he cut him? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Relax, Hines Ward won't be playing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : The truth is, you're too busy living in a Madden video game where it;'s not reality and you know very little abot the game or the NFL. Z is the same guy who didn't know who RIdley was yet he's an  LSU fan/started praising Ridley after his first big action in the regular season, was wrong in the union/non-union debates when vehemently praising unions, apparently because he's a teacher, and got all whiny when people pointed out why unions don't work, etc. He's the same guy who also refuses to accept that Brady has a little bit of a problem staring down WRs and TEs too long because he's become spoiled with Welker's genius over the middle. The results of that obsession show us a blown playoff game last year and a blown game up inn Buffalo this year. But, let's constantly focus on the D. The offense has no responsibility because Brady has stats, right Hurlie?  All that matters is stats. Gee, do you think Moss was traded on a whim? Wake up, dumbos. He's also the same guy who apparently praises when our offense completely botches scoring any points, turning it over, etc, only to blame the D because Brady and Welker don't play defense. Did I cover it all? Probably not. You two talk about of both sides of your mouth and make the Gasper/Felger agendas look like child's play.  You're little group is this board's verison of that. That's all you do.   This team has looked FANTASTIC on D the last two weeks and you don't say a word.   Try being consistent and rational and you'll actually look like you have a clue. The world is an imperfect place and sometimes things don't go 100% perfectly, like in this case here. I'd pay money to wach your immature behavior if something in real life went wrong for you. lmao What would you do if you spilled your milk, cry?  Have a temper tantrum? The only idiots here are people like you.  You clearly nevery played football and when it comes to business, you have a nary a clue because you don't even get the salary cap, returns on assets, the fact you need 53 players. This isn't fantasy football or a video game. You're the equivalent of a Packers fan saying their D stinks.

this is where you veer off the train tracks. stick to talking football.
    your emotional and psychological disabilities get out of control when you focus on attacking those you disagree with.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : re:"  And they aren't allowed to interfere on every play like the Jets are, lol, which makes the amount of cover-1 they play that much easier. " yeah, ive pointed that out too. whats up with that. its not just the jets, from games ive seen, tough def. teams get away with it play in and play out. including dallas. jacksonville the other night was doing the same. christ if every other team is allowed to maul a receiver all the way down the field, why cant we. its very effective
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Dude. I posted on that in the thread about Revis and the radio!

The Jets' DBs are really, really good. And Revis is elite. There is no doubting that. But they (especially Cromartie) get away with a lot of calls that refs would make on some of NE's bad DBs. Butler comes to mind right away, when he was circling the drain I feel like they would blow the whistle if he looked over his shoulder the wrong way. 

It seems like when you are struggling, the refs pick on you, and when you play really well, they kind of let things slide. 

It reminds me of a baseball story about Ty Cobb, where he was hitting and the catcher was complaining about a called "ball" saying it was a strike, and the Ump told him "Son, Mr. Cobb will let you know when it's a strike," implying that Ty Cobb would have swung if it were in the zone because he is 'that good.'

Anyhow. I liken it to the NBA, where big name guards get an extra step (or three) before travelling, and big name defensive players will rarely get whistled for fowls because they are "tough" and "gritty."

Maybe I'm just being an old fuddy-duddy, but it didn't seem that way 20 years ago, and I feel like the refs are really 'contouring' the game now more than ever. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : I like it better when I am not attacked. It's always the same little insecure Mt. Hurl types that come on here and ruin threads.  ATJ started a thread about this and he's absolutely correct. I know I am intelligent. I just don't like being talked down to by people less intelligent than myself.  That;s the issue. It's .like an internet disease for some people. It's like reading a Tony Mazz column.   Pathetic.  Some bozo thinking he knows more than someone else and then attempts to talk down them behind a keyboard. It's more than tiring with some acting like my comments aren't rational, supported by examples or when they act confused/don't read correctly. I couldn't articulate my points any better.

if someone attacks you, leave it. intelligence will meet intelligence, whether in agreement or not.  let your thoughts stand on their own. let someone else's attack stand on it's own. people will see it for what it is.
        making analysis is helpful. there is not need to defend it. to counterattack or attack. you dont lose anything when another attacks you, the attacker is the one who loses respect and more. stick to the thoughts you want to discuss.
    let the rest go by.