Patriots Release Leigh Bodden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Patriots Release Leigh Bodden

WOW!

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4707480/report-patriots-release-cb-bodden

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden

W T F? I feel like I'm still sleeping and waiting to wake up

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Money?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Another j*rk who steals loads of Kraft's money and gives sh*t in return.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Three possibilities:

1.  Bodden never quite recovered from his injury, and he's a step slower.

2.  BB thinks just a bit highly of one or all of the unknown cornerbacks.

3.  The space was needed for Kevin Faulk, Ron Brace, Marcus Cannon and/or Brandon Deaderick, proven players.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Makes no sense to me.  I thought he was actually doing ok.  He makes some money but I still don't get the timing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

maybe asante will be released and bills gonna pick him up, just a thought.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

something else must be in the works... weird.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

A little more info.  Apparently Bodden and the team felt it was time to end the relationship.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/28/pats-cut-leigh-bodden/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

McCourty, Arrington, Dowling, Bodden...really liked the depth of the CB group.

One thing though, looking at the AFC, there is no team that could really spread a defense out and force them to use all these CBs on the field. The only teams that can really do that are GB and STL

BB must have felt against the AFC, Dline depth was more important...assuming he uses the spot for the DLine. If he uses the extra roster space for faulk, i would definitely question something.

With Dowlings health issues, im still very confused by this move.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

With all the issues we are having in our secondary, I can't make heads or tails worth of sense out of this move...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

he changed his name from Leigh Bodden to Leigh "holdin"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

This does not compute. Who the heck is his replacement that is an upgrade?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

With the sophmore slump that DMAC is having I don't like this move going into pittsburgh with the recievers they have. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

BB chose to 'skip' the question about his play. 

I think that pretty much tells the story. I can't recall too many players that BB hasn't lauded on the way out in one form or another. Even Meriweather got good treatment, with BB basically noting his contributions. 

Bodden never looked the same after the injury. He was terrible at points this season. And scarily enough, usually against the 3rd or 2nd WR a team offered NE in matchups. 

His replacement?? I don't know. Possibly the practice play of Ras-I has made the 'warm body' expendable?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Well Bodden is sure in a win win situation. He gets another team or the Pats pay the rest of his salary for only playing in 5 or 6 games. Unreal. Nothing but fantastic reports about him during camp. That's why you can't trust anything anyone writes about anyone anymore.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden:
    [QUOTE]BB chose to 'skip' the question about his play.  I think that pretty much tells the story. I can't recall too many players that BB hasn't lauded on the way out in one form or another. Even Meriweather got good treatment, with BB basically noting his contributions.  Bodden never looked the same after the injury. He was terrible at points this season. And scarily enough, usually against the 3rd or 2nd WR a team offered NE in matchups.  His replacement?? I don't know. Possibly the practice play of Ras-I has made the 'warm body' expendable?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]I agree this has nothing to due with money. Arrington will be the replacement for now. He has 4 pics already and has proven he is up to the task.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden:
    [QUOTE]Has to be money or BB's annual "shake up" move.  How is Ochocinco on the team and Bodden not? Makes no sense. If someone is being paid more than they're worth, it's #85.  Huge risk by BB. The Moss trade made sense from a philisophical POV, but this?  Dowling can't even stay healthy and be on the field! We've seen awful DB play and players remain here.  Who knows, maybe Molden has looked fantastic in practice. I like Arrington, but this exposes him more, which could be a problem.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Not money - his salary is guaranteed for the year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I wonder if he'll end up KC with Romeo. That is if he makes it through the waiver spots in front of them

Sections
Shortcuts