Patriots Release Leigh Bodden

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden

In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : Why is anyone surprised by these cuts? Or the cuts of TBC? Or Moore? Or any of the other dead weight BB has been steadily jettisoning since the lost last post-season?  Given how the defense has performed the last two seasons, in the postseason especially, there are probably only 4-6 players on the defense from those seasons with 'safe' jobs, and half of them are 'safe' because they are still developmental.  BB is straight up cleaning house on a defense that wasn't good. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
    You couldn't be more right and you'll soon be labeled an irrational by the village idiot. The truth is there are too many players on this defense that aren't very good. Bodden was a guy I liked two years ago, the injury obviously wiped out last season and he's been injured for much of this season and not played well. You have to say to yourself, is it ever going to work out with some of these guys? How long can you wait? You're either a good player, or you're a player that is always going to have nagging injuries, that is not helping. This guy had a history of that, and an nfl career just doesn't last long enough to miss this much time or be injured that much.

Wish this thing could of worked out two years ago when or when we signed him to his big payday. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : That's correct. But, you can't just say it's "not about money", when it's ALWAYS at least partially about money in business or in the NFL with a salary cap and balancing a roster. Some people here have no semblance of a clue of that concept, including the guy who chimed in acting confused. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    Wow. You're not very bright.

This move has no impact on their cap space UNLESS SOMEONE CLAIMS HIM ON WAIVERS AND RELIEVES THEM OF THEIR LIABILITY.

You obviously are making the quantum leap that someone will automatically claim him and thus this is some brilliant roster manuever. Try not making quantum leaps into some other dimension and try dealing with the facts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : last year, stung. 2009? Come on. That team was clearly not ready to win  SB by selling Seymour and Vrabel to commit to a rebuilding mode before the lockout. 2009 didn't sting remotely near 2007, losing Brady in 2008 or l;ast year's terrible offensive performance off a Bye week.

So what are you saying, that we could of won a Super Bowl if we kept Seymore and Vrabel? And why are you so hooked on this "rebuilding for the lockout mode"? Last time I checked we and about everybody else in the NFL had 10 plus million left to play with after this dreaded lockout/uncertain future/the new NFL came and went. Yawn. Truth is our offense is not the problem, nor is the impending doom (that never came) lockout. It's our defensive personnel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : No. If a team signs him, they play out the rest of his salary, just as if he was traded. Why do you keep acting confused on such a basic fact? If he "sucks so bad" (good thing you put that in capitals little boy) then what was McCourty this year? Stop washing BB's balls. It's a huge risk without Dowling returning.

ittle boy? You resort to name calling??? Really?? By the why, a "little boy" could understand what I wrote. How bout you?

Where did I say that he gets paid if a team signs him??? Why do you get confused understanding what you read. I said if he ISN'T claimed off waivers then the Pats pay him for the rest of the year.

If he "sucks so bad" then what was McCourty this year?

What??? That sentence doesn't make sense

But, what McCourty is, is the future. He is young enough and skilled enough to improve greatly, especially based on last years performance. He also doesn't get hurt all the time. He's on his way up, Bodden was quickly on his way down.

By the way, I rip on the Pat's quite a bit. I don't wash anyone's balls but my own, thanks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Bodden can not play the slot

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : That's correct except I am pretty intelligent invidiual. Been in a Walmart lately? I said what you just said 5 pages ago. You're the one saying it has "nothing to do with money". It always does. Of course it does. He wasn't playing up to his contract in the team's mind. If I think Bodden helps the team, then why would us releasing him, carrying only 3 system based CBs into a game agaisnt Pitt, be a good thing or "genius roster move"? YOU apparently are the one who isn't very bright.

Moron - one more time.

At this point in the season, this roster move has NO EFFECT on their cap space. IF THERE IS NO EFFECT ON THEIR CAP SPACE, PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW IT CONCERNS MONEY? Of course, I mean without your ignoramous assumption that he gets claimed off waivers.

If he was cut before veteran salaries were guaranteed, then you can make the argument that it was about money.

Never been inside a Wal-mart. You obviously have intimate knowlede of their interiors.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Apparently he was expendable. More house cleaning by BB, I like.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

system based cb's?

elaborate please...

also, Ras not practicing yesterday is not exactly a sign he wont play. He has participated in limited time the last few weeks.  Yesterday is the only day he did nothing according to injury reports atleast.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My only real concern about the Bodden release is how thin the Pats became in the secondary. That said, in BB we trust.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : So what are you saying, that we could of won a Super Bowl if we kept Seymore and Vrabel? And why are you so hooked on this "rebuilding for the lockout mode"? Last time I checked we and about everybody else in the NFL had 10 plus million left to play with after this dreaded lockout/uncertain future/the new NFL came and went. Yawn. Truth is our offense is not the problem, nor is the impending doom (that never came) lockout. It's our defensive personnel.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

The problem for wonderboy is that his spin has caught up to him. It begins and ends with his ardent proclamations that BB's brilliant rebuilding plan had come to fruition this year.

Of course acquiring a bunch of new guys on defense and booting several mainstays has completely shattered his assertions about the finished rebuilding plan.

And his wild eyed rants that our HOF QB is hurting the D is just more of the same spin trying to cover his failed testament that the D was brilliantly rebuilt.

Look at his motive and you see the why of his insanity.

But he is a good Pats' fan, even if he is a nut case.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Coming out of the bye week, I think BB simply wanted to drop what he saw as dead weight - which Boden's play of late indicates he was becomming - and to absolutely shake things up and keep the guys on their toes this week. After the "BiBi Chronicles" with Gronk, it is possible that this was done to keep EVERYONE'S mind on Pittsburg, and that nothing will be allowed to keep the focus on anything but football and the game that week....the best way to motivate a team of professionals is to let them all know they can all be replaced (with 1 exception) at a moments notice, especially when there are seasoned vets waiting to get off PUP....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]Dear REJECT Smelly721//whatever your name is, ONE LAST TIME: Molden is deemed cheaper (future investment possibility just like Sergio Brown at Safety, wake up dummy) and a player apparently playing well enough in practice AND apparently Bodden didn't just want to play slot.  Translation? It's a combinnation of things, but a player who  may not be of value (worth their contract) is a sort spot for a BB run team. Always has been. Mike Vrabel was traded because he was old and cost too much. It's ALWAYS at some point tied to money. Always. I never said it was the exclusive reason. If Bodden is picked up on waivers, the contract goes over to his new team. If he falls through waivers, it doesn't.  Belichick does not wait on players who aren't justifyjng their contract and he doesn't overpay. It sets a bad example for future negotations as well. These are all reasons how it has to do with money. This is why it's INCREDIBLY unlikely Haynesworth would ever be released at 1.5 million.  You'll never see BB wait if he has other options. Bad precedent.  My only issue the timing. Anything else, dilspank?

You missed the logic class obviously.

This is what's called a conditional statement, and is the basis for your argument with respect to this move being driven by money.

Let me put it another way so maybe even you can understand....You would be rich if you won the lottery next week, correct? Does that mean you can buy a new house today because you bought a ticket?

One more time. Until he claimed on waivers, WHENEVER IN THE FUTURE THAT MIGHT HAPPEN, there is no monetary effect of this roster move. This is regardless of any other facts, and certainly irrelevant to what other cheaper players currently on the roster may or may not making.

This is like explaining something to a 3 year old.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

ok, I got you....I agree its not what you envisioned, but after seeing Bodden in camp, I really wasnt impressed, despite reports saying he looked good. He just didnt look healthy and fluid to me and with a guy who I already thought was sort of slow for an outside CB, I never had high hopes for him this year.

So I actually think we are fine.

B.B. does weird things, but you usually know afterwards why he did it.

I think Ras is ready to go and was held out for cautionary reason and I also dont think he just up and decided to release him now.

I think he has already entertained it, but when the need to clear a roster spot came up he did the move....it could be related to someone like Cannon being cleared or anything. remember we are still thin on the O-line after losing Koppen and Connoly cant back up guard while playing center.

I think Bodden would have stayed, but being a situational player and being hurt, I think Cannon, Deaderick, Brace and Faulk had more value to them.

I can understand you being concerned about Pittsburgh, but why would you be more concerned now because Bodden is gone. He hardly played this year.

he was targeted 22 times...but if he was starting, that # would be more around 50 like DMC's #'s

We will be fine....

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Cris Harris to the Lions, if any one was thinking of that move.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I think if BB had his eye on Harris he would have had an agreement in place before releasing Bodden.  Or any other CB, for that matter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Three possibilities: 1.  Bodden never quite recovered from his injury, and he's a step slower. 2.  BB thinks just a bit highly of one or all of the unknown cornerbacks. 3.  The space was needed for Kevin Faulk, Ron Brace, Marcus Cannon and/or Brandon Deaderick, proven players.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

pretty sound possibilities...except for Cannon being a proven player. Given his medical history...i'd say he's a project with huge upside potential. Brace adds depth to the DL. Faulk is still likely recovering from an injury and we are deep at RB.

Sections
Shortcuts