Patriots Release Leigh Bodden

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden

In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : Dude. I posted on that in the thread about Revis and the radio! The Jets' DBs are really, really good. And Revis is elite. There is no doubting that. But they (especially Cromartie) get away with a lot of calls that refs would make on some of NE's bad DBs. Butler comes to mind right away, when he was circling the drain I feel like they would blow the whistle if he looked over his shoulder the wrong way.  It seems like when you are struggling, the refs pick on you, and when you play really well, they kind of let things slide.  It reminds me of a baseball story about Ty Cobb, where he was hitting and the catcher was complaining about a called "ball" saying it was a strike, and the Ump told him "Son, Mr. Cobb will let you know when it's a strike," implying that Ty Cobb would have swung if it were in the zone because he is 'that good.' Anyhow. I liken it to the NBA, where big name guards get an extra step (or three) before travelling, and big name defensive players will rarely get whistled for fowls because they are "tough" and "gritty." Maybe I'm just being an old fuddy-duddy, but it didn't seem that way 20 years ago, and I feel like the refs are really 'contouring' the game now more than ever. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

re:"It reminds me of a baseball story about Ty Cobb, where he was hitting and the catcher was complaining about a called "ball" saying it was a strike, and the Ump told him "Son, Mr. Cobb will let you know when it's a strike," implying that Ty Cobb would have swung if it were in the zone because he is 'that good."

i had a laugh at that one. 

and the nba thing, yeah that and defense (lack thereof) are why i dont watch the nba.

good point about the defenseless lambs beign thrown to the slaughter. act like a wolf and get away with murder (my word choices/metaphor).

now youd think  a great db coach would pick up on this and use it to the teams advantage by coaching it. more and more teams are employing it. did you watch the monday night game. same muggings on every play all the way down the field.

however our "db coach" a misnomer because they arent really, are not even correcting our db's technique to a high school level this year, so i guess catching this refereeing phenomena we are discussing and teaching it to an advantage is out of the question

ps re the radio, did you mean you took your comment to the radio? if so, where? what was the response?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : Why don't you focus on the dorks who start the attacks?  Christ, you're annoying. Talk to them about emotional disabilties. I don't start anything. Do you have a problem looking at the order of how things evolve?  Go to the source.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

ok, for starters i may have been a little harsh. but this obviously is an emotional issue. clearly i have not been around long enough to know the history of all the relationships here. AND, focusing on feeling good and doing good things in our lives day in and day out, moment by moment (not an easy task in this day and age) has to be where we focus in order to sustain ourselves. regarding old rivalries let them lie. old hurts and wounds let them heal. dont nurse them so they stay alive. dont carry the sword in the body forever. leave the sword and let the wound heal.
        if someone only addresses you in attack, ignore it. do not respond. speak only to intelligent thoughts and conversation. there you respect yourself and others and can feel good in that. if someone who attacked you before, after a long bit engages you in intelligent conversation (or responds to a thought you post) engage back the same way. 
       humans are all the same. they all have struggles. they all behave well and behave poorly. we are all more alike than different. when they attack another, they are only outwardly showing a dis - ease within themselves. a challenge internally. 
       so again, a focus on putting effort toward feeling good in our daily lives is the only thing that will respond in good feelings and quality of life. no one can take that away by attacking us. when i engage another in counterattack, i am giving away my peace and my peace of mind, and giving away a little of my self respect. when i let that attack lie, eventually i may have compassion for that person momentarily having a challenge. we are all the same, regardless how it looks. we are all a little wounded.

peace

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : I like it better when I am not attacked. It's always the same little insecure Mt. Hurl types that come on here and ruin threads.  ATJ started a thread about this and he's absolutely correct. I know I am intelligent. I just don't like being talked down to by people less intelligent than myself.  That;s the issue. It's .like an internet disease for some people. It's like reading a Tony Mazz column.   Pathetic.  Some bozo thinking he knows more than someone else and then attempts to talk down them behind a keyboard. It's more than tiring with some acting like my comments aren't rational, supported by examples or when they act confused/don't read correctly. I couldn't articulate my points any better.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

You big baby.  There is no one on this board that attacks others more than you.  Thicken up that skin Russ.  Its called taking what you dish out. 

The disease you speak of isn't an internet disease, its your overinflated opinion of yourself. 

You've argued for over a year about the bodden pickup and how he's the most underrated db in the nfl, and how belichick made his smartest move in years picking him up.  Man up Russ.  You've been had, and the culprit is yourself. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

666 - No apologies here. 

This board endured Rusty's "Bodden's the best" and "bb's a genius for getting bodden" rants for a year plus.  

Russ deserves the razzing.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : Some fan.  That about sums up your credibility here.  So, are you a troll posing as a fan then?

(and earlier...)

Stop washing BB's balls. 

Wow, so if I am OK with a decision BB makes I'm his personal ball washer, yet if I have something negative to say I'm a troll posing as a fan? Boy, you are one weird guy. A real legend in your own mind

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : Why can't the people who initiate the crap not start the crap, though? How hard is it to treat fellow Pats fans with basic respect. I've been a Pats fan for like 30 years and my extended family have been season ticket holders since the late 1970s. It's just ridiculous that spoiled pink hats use this forum to destroy threads.

When you say respect a fellow Pats' fan do you mean like how you call me, a nearly 50 year Pats' fan, a troll and a Giants' fan?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's pretty simple really; the guy was never really fast at all, couple that with injuries that zap his already limited speed, add a higher cap number than Molden, add the fact that he doesn't play special teams and Molden makes the cut and Bodden gets sent packing.

They were already carrying one more corner than they usually do, you have guys coming off of PUP that will help going forward into the playoffs... I'm with Tcal on this, I don't see what all the surprise is about?

Now about Chad Johnson...?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : When you say respect a fellow Pats' fan do you mean like how you call me, a nearly 50 year Pats' fan, a troll and a Giants' fan?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    Rusty's proving that he's got a screw loose.

I've not ever seen someone like him who just doesn't get basic logic. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Relax, Hines Ward won't be playing.
    Posted by teegee[/QUOTE]

50-50 now

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : I don't start anything. 

2 posts above this one you wrote:
    z knows nothing about football. bellino = clueless

lol

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : False. You were on here last week applauing jerks like Mt. Hurl.  I remember you.  You;re insecure like he is. That's YOUR issue.  The people who are weird are adults who can't have a simple discussion and use this board to troll.

That's pretty funny considering you obviously still suck your thumb and cling to your blanky. Grow a pair and admit when you're wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Wrong about what?  I have admitted being wrong thousands of times.  I have no idea what you are talking about. Everyone here knows you're a troll.

Everybody who blows away your ridiculous spin is to you a troll or a pink hat or an irrational or insecure. Anybody with a brain has gotten wise to your lame act long ago and isn't buying your childish drivel.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]Dear Smelly712, Says the guy who can't see why Bodden was tossed and why Molden (younger and cheaper) is the guy they are committing to. THAT is like explaining something to a 3 year old. Do you think BB traded Vrabel and brought back TBC for no reason, too?

Ah, numbkull, Molden is already on the team. He is already on the payroll. Playing Molden instead of Bodden neither costs them money nor saves them money. Money, therefore, is irrelevant.

I'm done. I have a better chance getting a brick to understand. Hopefully, you've not, nor will, procreate.

BTW, does the word "money" ever appear in the following?

Analysis of Bodden release

Posted by Greg A. Bedard October 28, 2011 12:16 PM

My quickie thoughts on the release of CB Leigh Bodden:

• This was simply a case of other players on the roster being better, and the team needed roster spots with DLs Ron Brace, Brandon Deaderick and Kevin Faulk ready to come off the physically unable to perform list, and this was confirmed by a source.
    • With three roster spots needed, this would have been my list, in order, of players that could be released: S Ross Ventrone, CB Phillip Adams, CB Antwaun Molden or Bodden, LB Jeff Tarpinian, OG Donald Thomas, WR Chad Ochocinco, DE Shaun Ellis.
    • Bodden didn’t play special teams. If you're not one of the top two CBs on the team, that's an issue.
    • Bodden clearly wasn’t thrilled with his role on this team, but I have no evidence he was a problem.
    • The first thought that came to mind when I heard of Bodden’s release was when I saw him in the locker room yesterday, he wasn’t walking well. I think health has been an issue for him and it has affected his play. Whether he wanted to sit and the team thought he should play or vice versa, I don’t know. I find it curious that his agent, Alvin Keels, put out a statement that said Bodden was healthy. Obviously it's an issue.
    • If Bodden isn't injured, then he's on the downside of his career. He was not effective.
    • The bottom line is this: Bodden was not the same player he had been even early in training camp, whether that was because of injury or some other factor, we don’t know. But the fact of the matter was he had lost a step. When Ras-I Dowling is healthy, the pecking order would be: Arrington, McCourty, Dowling and then Bodden or Molden.
    • Coming out of training camp, the Patriots kept six CBs, which is heavy. Teams normally keep five but because of player on PUP, the Patriots were able to put off some decisions. One of those likely would have been the release of Bodden or Antwaun Molden. With three players ready to come off of PUP, the Patriots now had to make that decision. The Patriots kept Molden over Bodden. It’s not a stretch to think that Molden is simply better than Bodden at this point.
    • Dowling needs to get healthy and stay that way soon.
    • Bill Belichick might not light the world on fire in drafting or free agency, but when it comes to evaluating the talent he has on his roster, he's pretty darn good. The players he has released or waived haven't been stars elsewhere.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

[QUOTE]It's pretty simple really; the guy was never really fast at all, couple that with injuries that zap his already limited speed, add a higher cap number than Molden, add the fact that he doesn't play special teams and Molden makes the cut and Bodden gets sent packing. They were already carrying one more corner than they usually do,see what all the surprise is abQUOTE]

In the event thar the Pats have to place Ras on IR or bench McCourty, would you still say they have more CBs the they usually carry. Both situations are not only possible, but if Ras goes to IR it won't surprise anyone. IMO when healthy Bodden was their best corner. Regardless if he is on the team or not , he still is going to cost the Pats the same amount (The exception is if someone signs him for the rest of the year. Did you notice that the Pats defensive backfield is notoriously injury riddled?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Who is Chad   Johnson ??? i can´t find him in the   roster !

[QUOTE]It's pretty simple really; the guy was never really fast at all, couple that with injuries that zap his already limited speed, add a higher cap number than Molden, add the fact that he doesn't play special teams and Molden makes the cut and Bodden gets sent packing. They were already carrying one more corner than they usually do, you have guys coming off of PUP that will help going forward into the playoffs... I'm with Tcal on this, I don't see what all the surprise is about? Now about Chad Johnson...?
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Release Leigh Bodden : Ah, numbkull, Molden is already on the team. He is already on the payroll. Playing Molden instead of Bodden neither costs them money nor saves them money. Money, therefore, is irrelevant. I'm done. I have a better chance getting a brick to understand. Hopefully, you've not, nor will, procreate. BTW, does the word "money" ever appear in the following? Analysis of Bodden release Link | Comments ( 8 ) Posted by Greg A. Bedard October 28, 2011 12:16 PM By Greg A. Bedard, Globe Staff My quickie thoughts on the release of CB Leigh Bodden: This was simply a case of other players on the roster being better, and the team needed roster spots with DLs Ron Brace, Brandon Deaderick and Kevin Faulk ready to come off the physically unable to perform list, and this was confirmed by a source. With three roster spots needed, this would have been my list, in order, of players that could be released: S Ross Ventrone, CB Phillip Adams, CB Antwaun Molden or Bodden, LB Jeff Tarpinian, OG Donald Thomas, WR Chad Ochocinco, DE Shaun Ellis. Bodden didn’t play special teams. If you're not one of the top two CBs on the team, that's an issue. Bodden clearly wasn’t thrilled with his role on this team, but I have no evidence he was a problem. The first thought that came to mind when I heard of Bodden’s release was when I saw him in the locker room yesterday, he wasn’t walking well. I think health has been an issue for him and it has affected his play. Whether he wanted to sit and the team thought he should play or vice versa, I don’t know. I find it curious that his agent, Alvin Keels, put out a statement that said Bodden was healthy. Obviously it's an issue. If Bodden isn't injured, then he's on the downside of his career. He was not effective. The bottom line is this: Bodden was not the same player he had been even early in training camp, whether that was because of injury or some other factor, we don’t know. But the fact of the matter was he had lost a step. When Ras-I Dowling is healthy, the pecking order would be: Arrington, McCourty, Dowling and then Bodden or Molden. Coming out of training camp, the Patriots kept six CBs, which is heavy. Teams normally keep five but because of player on PUP, the Patriots were able to put off some decisions. One of those likely would have been the release of Bodden or Antwaun Molden. With three players ready to come off of PUP, the Patriots now had to make that decision. The Patriots kept Molden over Bodden. It’s not a stretch to think that Molden is simply better than Bodden at this point. Dowling needs to get healthy and stay that way soon. Bill Belichick might not light the world on fire in drafting or free agency, but when it comes to evaluating the talent he has on his roster, he's pretty darn good. The players he has released or waived haven't been stars elsewhere.
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

Expertly stated. You are right on the money on all points.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Have you seen some of Z's posts? Go look at the other Bodden thread right now.  I just exposed him again. He has had me on ignore since the union/non-union debates this summer where I confronted him and his extreme pro-union stance, and then we find out why...he's a teacher. Wasn't personal, he just didn't like my opinion.  Yup. He's constantly posting flat out inaccuracies here. He didn't know who Stevan Ridley was and is a supposed LSU fan. It's true. I was on here saying how much Ridley could help ON DRAFT DAY.  People abso;lutely bashed the pick and I was thrilled. I was called a homer, kool-aid drinker, the same stupid stuff. Then, I come on here in preseason and say this guy is exactly what they need (someone who can run, block and catch well because he did all of that at LSU), and people said "calm down, it's preseason".  It's not about preeason, it's about skill set and changing/adding to the balanced offense. It's just funny to me. I get bashed for being correct and then when someone like Z doesn't even know who he is or bashes Belichick here for drafts, bad defenses, doesn't see how awful this team's base shotgun spread is, then he praises Ridley after the Buffalo game. The SAME game where they then ignored Ridley and Brady threw 4 INTS to lose the game!  Oh, the irony. LOL is right, Captain Zedeno.

I think he has me on ignore too. That's okay. I actually consider him a good poster and he always brings some sense to the table. But you are a raving nutcase, though I defend your worthiness to be here adamantly.

Stop cryinbg about Brady's 4 INTs. He drove for the go ahead score and the D folded to let the Bills win it. End of story buttercup.