Patriots resign TE Michael Hooamanwanui

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots resign TE Michael Hooamanwanui

Mike Rodak @mikerodak   7m

The Patriots have re-signed restricted free agent Michael Hooamanwanui

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Patriots resign TE Michael Hooamanwanui

shalise manza young         shalise manza young @shalisemyoung 1m

TE Michael Hoomanawanui has signed his restricted free agent tender from Patriots; the tender pays him $1.323m for the season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

-

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I really like this guy - not a star, but had a few really impressive catches. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

I really like this guy - not a star, but had a few really impressive catches. 

Did you mean

"he had a few impressive catches?"

or

"he had a few catches?"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

i think we need a little more competition for the 3rd and/or 4th TE spots, just like we need to pick up another WR or two.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

ignore. double post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

ignore. double post.

This board has been messed up tonight!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

ignore. double post.

This board has been messed up tonight!

Yup - wasn't sure my earlier post made it.

I meant impressive - he caught one ball that was thrown over the wrong shoulder and had to dive for it. I think it was the longest catch of the year for him - maybe 25 yds downfield? I just liked the little we saw. He will never be a great player, but compared to say Fells - he made those few plays that stood out, not sure I remember a single Fells play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am really shocked at the contract. Hooman really is the 4th TE on the pecking order, played himself off of ST as the punt edge blocker. I like him on the team...but would someone have offered him more than the vet minimum?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I am really shocked at the contract. Hooman really is the 4th TE on the pecking order, played himself off of ST as the punt edge blocker. I like him on the team...but would someone have offered him more than the vet minimum?

You would think your shock level would have subsided by now, after all the signings BB made that you disagreed with.

Which seems to be all of them.

I mean, are you really shocked at the contract? Are you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

I thought the guy was decent last year, looks like the fourth TE is locked up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

This signing means Hernandez will be more of an outside receiver (and H-back) and/or Gronk will not be ready to go for the first half of the season.  They already have Ballard, Fells and Herman under contract for next season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

They tendered him at the lowest level at the every beginning of league year as a restricted FA. So he is just now signing the contract. Nothing is guaranteed on the RFA contracts as I remember so after camp they could cut him if they want. I think they must have felt pretty good about him and feared losing him to another team if they didn't place the tender - they lost a few TEs they liked a couple years ago when they tried to get them to the practice squad at year end - one to Buffalo, the other to Miami. There are a number of teams that are light on TEs at the moment so he might well have been snapped up.

On his catching - I cannot remember a single dropped pass - he wasn't thrown to often, but when he was he caught the ball. With the NE offense having evolved to being so heavy on multiple TE sets the offensive skill position balance is a little differnt from other teams - they may carry one less WR or RB (or even two) compared to a 'typical' team. He is probably competing with what ever FBs they bring to camp.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

You would think your shock level would have subsided by now, after all the signings BB made that you disagreed with.

Which seems to be all of them.

I mean, are you really shocked at the contract? Are you?

That is not true.

I loved Vollmer, Edelman signings. Glad Talib was signed but not sure I trust him. Glad Cole was signed, I thought he played well on ST and is a good option as the 5th CB. Glad Fletcher was signed, like him on ST.

Intrigued with Switek's potential and size. I think he makes the team and plays over Cannon. Intrigued with Kelly if he is limited to 30% of the snaps (which I think he will be)

I thought we needed a younger, longer term upgrade at S than Wilson.

I think a KR and PR needs to be able to do more than simply return. I dont see Washington getting any snaps on offense (wish Demps worked out)

I think Jenkins doesnt make the team

I like Jones, but he has serious health issues that publically have not been addressed, other than the fact the PAts guaranteed zero % of his salary, which speaks volumes. 

As others have graded, given the PAts needs and available space, B minus or C plus

Sections
Shortcuts