Patriots-Saints Matchup

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Patriots-Saints Matchup

Pats gonna have 3 on Graham and he is still gonna go for 8 for 95 and TD.

Colston will be contained but he is gonna score too

We will hang in there early until Sproles becomes too much to handle in the open field and he bleeds our defense by keeping them on the field. Offense gets better, but still no gronk which means Brady is still playing one handed and will not be able to keep pace.

Pats lose 23-30. The dreaded 2 game skid will send most of the fans here to the Tobin bridge and then they will get some relief and run off 4 or 5 straight and everyone will be back on Tommys nuts again.

Should be fun to watch the young safety Vacarrao do this thing. He has played well this year.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Pats gonna have 3 on Graham and he is still gonna go for 8 for 95 and TD.

Colston will be contained but he is gonna score too

We will hang in there early until Sproles becomes too much to handle in the open field and he bleeds our defense by keeping them on the field. Offense gets better, but still no gronk which means Brady is still playing one handed and will not be able to keep pace.

Pats lose 23-30. The dreaded 2 game skid will send most of the fans here to the Tobin bridge and then they will get some relief and run off 4 or 5 straight and everyone will be back on Tommys nuts again.

Should be fun to watch the young safety Vacarrao do this thing. He has played well this year.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

yeah, this may very well be the 2nd loss of the season.  It's about where many thought by this point in the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/10/how_good_are_new_orleans_saint.html#incart_river

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Think this is the type of team the Patriots can beat.

It is possible running on offense might be very productive right from the beginning. In that case the call has to be made whether to primarily run the ball, Question : can the Patriots sustain drives with primarily run? If so they really need to do that as  much as possible. Only when the Saints cheat like crazy to stop the run do you open up the pass.

Even as good as the  defense  is, it will  likely allow 28-35 points or more if the Patriots run their normal offense and the Saints get the ball enough to warm up and get in rythm. IF the Pats can eat up time and give NO long periods between possesions I can see this D keeping them under 20.

If the Patriots can run and can eat up clock AND score..the Saints will lose.

I think the only thing in the way is JMcD's willingness to stick to the run. IF the Patriots have a lead in the 4th and Blount comes in to finish up he will feel like a sledgehammer to the tired NO run defense.

I see the Patriots being blown out if they try to make it a shootout.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

It is possible running on offense might be very productive right from the beginning. In that case the call has to be made whether to primarily run the ball, Question : can the Patriots sustain drives with primarily run? If so they really need to do that as  much as possible. Only when the Saints cheat like crazy to stop the run do you open up the pass.

Even as good as the  defense  is, it will  likely allow 28-35 points or more if the Patriots run their normal offense and the Saints get the ball enough to warm up and get in rythm. IF the Pats can eat up time and give NO long periods between possesions I can see this D keeping them under 20.

I think the only thing in the way is JMcD's willingness to stick to the run. IF the Patriots have a lead in the 4th and Blount comes in to finish up he will feel like a sledgehammer to the tired NO run defense.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/10/patriots_coaches_brace_for_5-0_saints.html

The Saints are a different team than Bengals - and pose different challenges.  If our D can keep the game close - then we've got a good chance.  Like you said, the running game has to be on - limit the number of possessions but the offense has to score on our own possessions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/10/patriots_coaches_brace_for_5-0_saints.html

The Saints are a different team than Bengals - and pose different challenges.  If our D can keep the game close - then we've got a good chance.  Like you said, the running game has to be on - limit the number of possessions but the offense has to score on our own possessions.

NE is going to have to run tremendously effectively to win this. 

The game is on the offensive line and the backs, really. 

If they are forced to sit back and throw, and they give Brees and his weapons a ton of opportunities, they will not win. 

NOLA has a Rob Ryan defense that isn't stout, but is downhill and fast. Run at them, run over them, cool their heals, then connect in the seams. 

Also .... pray Gronk is good to go. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Bracket coverage on Graham and make sure Pierre Thomas and Sproles don't get open space to manuever in the flats. The Saints receivers are good but based on the NE secondary play to date I have confidence they will do a good job.

The good news this week is the Saints don't run the ball that well between the tackles so the Pat's  get reprieve until the following week when the Jet's will most likely run the ball 30 plus times between the tackles to try and exploit Vince being out and Kelly possibly out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Bracket coverage on Graham and make sure Pierre Thomas and Sproles don't get open space to manuever in the flats. The Saints receivers are good but based on the NE secondary play to date I have confidence they will do a good job.

The good news this week is the Saints don't run the ball that well between the tackles so the Pat's  get reprieve until the following week when the Jet's will most likely run the ball 30 plus times between the tackles to try and exploit Vince being out and Kelly possibly out.

Stopping Sproles requires good gap play by the LB's and good edge containment, I think they can do that as there is a nice combination of quickness and youth on the NE front 7.

Haha...have not seen that in a long time...a Pats fan looking past the Saints to the (more challenging) Jets. Perhaps any move for a lane clogging NT will not happen until next week because of this. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Stopping Sproles requires good gap play by the LB's and good edge containment, I think they can do that as there is a nice combination of quickness and youth on the NE front 7.

Haha...have not seen that in a long time...a Pats fan looking past the Saints to the (more challenging) Jets.

LOL... I'm not sure they can look past anyone this year as Jax is not on the schedule.

One thing about the Jet's they love to run in between the tackles and if the Pat's don't stop them it will be a ground and pound low scoring game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Haha...have not seen that in a long time...a Pats fan looking past the Saints to the (more challenging) Jets.

LOL... I'm not sure they can look past anyone this year as Jax is not on the schedule.

One thing about the Jet's they love to run in between the tackles and if the Pat's don't stop them it will be a ground and pound low scoring game.

at best.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Surely, The Pats cannot go air to air with Drew Brees and his Co.  In order to beat the Saints, the Pats RBs comittee have to go over 100+, TB should mastered the short throw to move the chain and control the clock.  He has to play better himself and whoever is open, he needs to put that ball to that person regardless rookies or vet.  They have to score a TD not a field goal in the red zone.  On the defensive side, Pats DBs has to control Graham and Darren Sproles before they break lose.  Moreover, Pats DBs need to register 2-3 sacks on Brees.  If Brees has all the time he needs, he will wear down the Pats secondary and another "L" will add up to the Pats.

Go Pats!  Plays like a Champs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

NE is going to have to run tremendously effectively to win this. 

The game is on the offensive line and the backs, really. 

If they are forced to sit back and throw, and they give Brees and his weapons a ton of opportunities, they will not win. 

NOLA has a Rob Ryan defense that isn't stout, but is downhill and fast. Run at them, run over them, cool their heals, then connect in the seams. 

Also .... pray Gronk is good to go. 

Is Ridley playing?  I'm not convinced how good the run blocking is by the OL.  Certainly, they have a solid history of protecting Brady - but that was off last game. Vereen is obviously not there.  So, if Ridley doesn't play - what are the chances that the rest of the RBs can provide a good run game?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Call me crazy, but I think the Pats give NOs their fist loss at Foxboro--Saints D is nowhere as good as Cinci's esp. in the backfield--Brady has a big game with the Gronk back and the Pats win by 10 31 21!!! Now we all can just relax with your beverage of choice and watch the Pats beat NO--You heard it here fisrt. One game a season does not make,(@ Cinci back to back road games), the Pats will regroup and roll off 4 wins before their bye and all will be fine in Patriot Land!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

Call me crazy, but I think the Pats give NOs their fist loss at Foxboro--Saints D is nowhere as good as Cinci's esp. in the backfield--Brady has a big game with the Gronk back and the Pats win by 10 31 21!!! Now we all can just relax with your beverage of choice and watch the Pats beat NO--You heard it here fisrt. One game a season does not make,(@ Cinci back to back road games), the Pats will regroup and roll off 4 wins before their bye and all will be fine in Patriot Land!!!

No, not crazy if the Patriots do what is needed. I like the optimism.  NO and Miami are two teams that stand in the way of being 4-0 before the bye. 4 of the last 7 games aren't exactly gimmees - but that's getting ahead of ourselves...lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

gotta get ready for Graham

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/10/jimmy_graham_a_nightmare

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

But Brady hasnt always faired well vs Rob Ryans blitzing Defenses. See Browns game a couple of years ago. Add in that Brady is not who he was then and all nice and comfy.  Im gonna hope for the best, but if I was a betting man....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

scouting the saints

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/10/scouting_the_new_orleans_saint.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

well the NO defense is a all. Methinks that we are going to start out running , or at least get it rolling. If we run well, fewer possessions and lower score. II looks like both Gronk and Ridley are back and JA will be on his 2nd game back. Between the tOs dropped passes and miss fires we have been horrible. this has to change
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

Sections
Shortcuts