Patriots schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Patriots schedule

WkDateMatchupTVTime
    1Sun, Sept. 12vs. Cincinnati Bengals--1 p.m.
    2Sun, Sept. 19at New York Jets--4:15 p.m.
    3Sun, Sept. 26vs. Buffalo Bills--1 p.m.
    4Mon, Oct. 4at Miami Dolphins--8:30 p.m.
    5Bye
    6Sun, Oct. 17vs. Baltimore Ravens--1 p.m.
    7Sun, Oct. 24at San Diego Chargers--4:15 p.m.
    8Sun, Oct. 31vs. Minnesota Vikings--4:15 p.m.
    9Sun, Nov. 7at Cleveland Browns--1 p.m.
    10Sun, Nov. 14at Pittsburgh Steelers--8:20 p.m.
    11Sun, Nov. 21vs. Indianapolis Colts--4:15 p.m.
    12Thu, Nov. 25at Detroit Lions--12:30 p.m.
    13Mon, Dec. 6vs. New York Jets--8:30 p.m.
    14Sun, Dec. 12at Chicago Bears--1 p.m.
    15Sun, Dec. 19vs. Green Bay Packers--8:20 p.m.
    16Sun, Dec. 26at Buffalo Bills--1 p.m.
    17Sun, Jan. 2vs. Miami Dolphins--1 p.m.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Re: Patriots schedule

Game 6-8 seems brutal. Ravens, chargers and Vikings. Otherwise, I think we can do good :-p

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I see us at 4-3 after seven games then finishing 12-4.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jason4444444. Show Jason4444444's posts

I agreet that is a tough stretch but I also I think Indy, then a short week into NFLs JV Team and then a long week into MNF against the Jets will be tough too. I think that this schedule is going to be tough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

At least a lot of the tougher games are at home. I think this is supposed to be the 6th hardest schedule in the league. I don't like the early bye either. I prefer them to be around week 8.

You're right. 6-8 are very brutal games. Luckily two of those are at home. I guess the bye week being just before that stretch could be somewhat of a good thing because they'll get some extra time to prepare and rest, but afterwards would have been really nice.

I see them finishing aroud 11-5 or 12-4 with this schedule.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Weeks 4-11 look tough with exception of the Browns game.  Bit surprised that the Colts game is a 4:15 start time. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

If you look at NYJ's schedule, it seems pretty 'interesting' too. Ravens, Broncos, Bears, Vikings, Packers, Steelers and Texans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from westga. Show westga's posts

ouch.....games 11 and 12.......3 days between games

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

I can't ever remember where a team went a full 16 games without ever having 2 road game trip.  Pretty amazing.

Bye week is alittle early.  Pitts in week 9 so we dont luck out and have them early when Big Ben is expected to be suspended.

As far toughness its hard to tell right now.  I mean SD was 8-8 last year, they been slipping each year.  Balt. beat us bad in the playoffs but they never impress me.  Minns have to assume Brett is coming back, if not there a whole diff team.  Miami was 7-9 last year.  Do they trend up or further down?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Wonders will never cease--we get Indy at home!!  Dig that. 

As has been stated, the good thing about this schedule is that most of the tough games are at home.  The Steeler and Charger games on the road are on paper are hardest tests.  Along with the in-division roadies with the Jets and Phins. 

I see this road Jet game as incredibly important.  We start on a positive note or suddenly the whole schedule looks grimmer than it is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Takeaways:

Division rivals Jets, Buffalo and Miami all in the same three weeks is a bit rough.  I guess Buffalo in the middle might be a little softer. 

San Diego is a long haul out and back. 

The Patriots are in a tough division.  No Oaklands in the AFC East.

Gifts:

It’s best to play the three division rivals before anyone gets injured.  New England’s number ones stack up well against anyone else’s number ones.

New England and Detroit both get 4 days to prepare for each other.  As New England’s offense and defense are typically unusual, this isn’t that good for Detroit.  Then New England gets 10 days to prep for their division rivals, the Jets.  Excellent!

The bye week is nicely set up.  Patriots get an extra 30 hours to face Miami at Miami, always a tough game due to Miami’s natural home field advantage (heat and humidity!)  However, the game is at night, not in the heat of the sun.  I don’t see any buckets-of-sweat game all the way down the schedule.  I see a bunch of cool-weather Midwestern games, which are pretty fine. 

Baltimore is tough.  It’s best to face them right after the bye week, to lay in some plans beforehand, to heal up first.

Miami at home on January 2 is a gift.  The fish have no cold games in most of November, then play one cool-weather game against the Jets December 12 which might or might not be particularly cold, then have two home games, then they hit their first extremely cold-fish game in January, maybe for all the marbles, maybe not.  Throw snow chunks in the air on touchdowns!

Indy is at Foxboro.  No more of Bill Polian’s canned noise.

And the final gift is, once again, the team isn’t scheduled to play the New England Patriots in the regular season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots schedule:
    I see us at 4-3 after seven games then finishing 12-4.
    Posted by digger0862

I like the addition of Holt but still see a 10-6 season.  Hopefully the D tightens up between now and the start of the season then 12-4 would be possible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I kinda like the schedule.  We play a lot of good physical teams early on.  the teams in the first 10 games will likely be the teams we play in the playoffs (if we make it).  If we struggle against these teams then at least we'll have 7 weeks to correct that problem.

this schedule is rly gonna test the makeup of this team.  Our easiest game (DET)  is with very short rest.  CLE is sandwiched between two very physical teams
    only easy games i see are against buffalo...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

we go 11-5 i think..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The gap from the Colts to the Lions is small, but...Playing the Jets on Monday the week after TG is almost like having a second bye.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots schedule:
    I kinda like the schedule.  We play a lot of good physical teams early on.  the teams in the first 10 games will likely be the teams we play in the playoffs (if we make it).  If we struggle against these teams then at least we'll have 7 weeks to correct that problem. this schedule is rly gonna test the makeup of this team.  Our easiest game (DET)  is with very short rest.  CLE is sandwiched between two very physical teams only easy games i see are against buffalo...
    Posted by dapats1281

i like the glass half-full attitude

Sections
Shortcuts