Patriots Should Offer Bengals 2nd Rounder for Ochocinco

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Patriots Should Offer Bengals 2nd Rounder for Ochocinco

Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson wants out of Cincinnati. The Bengals are quite aware of this...and would probably like to move him. Why don't the Pats pull another "Corey Dillion", and offer them their 47th overall pick for him? 

Before you say no, and shout that the guy is a head-case, remember that the same things were said about Randy Moss. Chad is 31 years old, and still has a couple of good years left. He would be rejuvinated as a Patriot...would cut out the nonsense, and play ball. 

If the Pats can do this, it would give them an offense potentially as explosive as the 2007 edition. Defenses would have no answers for Chad, Randy, and Wes Welker. Tom Brady could throw another 50 TD passes...if the OL does its job.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Patriots Should Offer Bengals 2nd Rounder for Ochocinco

chad,or boldin i would love to see land here,and for a 2nd rd pick isnt bad.you cant have to many players in a position.not with injuries happening quite a bit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]chad,or boldin i would love to see land here,and for a 2nd rd pick isnt bad.you cant have to many players in a position.not with injuries happening quite a bit.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Too many teams want Boldin...and he would cost too much money. No team seemingly has the hots for Chad. The Pats could glide in and get him...and might even be able to work out a new contract...at a reasonable price. Chad is tired of losing...and could pay Randy Moss type dividends.

Moss, Chad, and Welker would be the AFC's answer to what Arizona had last year with Boldin, Fitzgerald, and Breaston.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I have been saying that we should pick up ocho cinco for a 2nd. he wants to revive his image, win a championship, and have a top tier QB throwing the ball to him.  We can do all of these easily.  this would give us moss, welker, ocho cinco, and galloway.  with greg lewis as the young understudy of the greats.  this is quite deep at WR so we might be better off waiting till next year when he will be a free agent and will sign with us most likely anyways without the added cost of a 2nd round pick. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

Do you realize there is a salary cap?  The 09 Pats have more weapons than the 07 Patriots as it is. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolpats12. Show coolpats12's posts

i dont think ochocinco would accept to get less money

he dosent want to win that bad to take less money

and i dont think the bengals would only take a second round pick

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'd rather see them move up in the draft and take Crabtree..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

No way #85 stays in Bengal Hell,same goes for Boldin and Edwards they stay with their respective teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]     Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson wants out of Cincinnati. The Bengals are quite aware of this...and would probably like to move him. Why don't the Pats pull another "Corey Dillion", and offer them their 47th overall pick for him?       Before you say no, and shout that the guy is a head-case, remember that the same things were said about Randy Moss. Chad is 31 years old, and still has a couple of good years left. He would be rejuvinated as a Patriot...would cut out the nonsense, and play ball.       If the Pats can do this, it would give them an offense potentially as explosive as the 2007 edition. Defenses would have no answers for Chad, Randy, and Wes Welker. Tom Brady could throw another 50 TD passes...if the OL does its job.   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Why do a trade that you don't need to do?  The team needs to get younger.  The Pats could use a couple of OL and a pass rush fix.  Then you have the cap space issue.  The Pats need to look at next year as well as they have a plethora of contracts up. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Why do a trade that you don't need to do?  The team needs to get younger.  The Pats could use a couple of OL and a pass rush fix.  Then you have the cap space issue.  The Pats need to look at next year as well as they have a plethora of contracts up. 
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Why? Because it would makes the Pats' offense potentially as awesome as the 2007 version. The 47th overall pick would be a small price to pay to accomplish that. How are defenses going to be able to cover Moss, Chad, and Welker? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

How could the Patriots pay Moss, Chad and Welker? He makes more money than it will cost to sign their rookies.

Further. Chad wants an extension, and a healthy one. He won't get that here.

#47 for a possibly declining rental? No thanks.  In two seasons NE would have zero young WR's and two guys in their mid-30's.

I would deal it for Braylon Edwards before I would for Johnson. At least he is worth extending at his age and is at a lower value now than he will be once he goes somewhere with an OL and QB. Plus it would keep him away from the Giants.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

people thought it was a bad move to get moss in here, and they thought it was dumb to get dillon in here.   how did that work out for us???

if they did trade a #2 for chad  johnson, i wouldnt have a problem with it as long as he takes a pay cut and renegotiates his contract. Like they all say its tough to evaluate WR in the draft. BB might be hesitant to draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. chad jackson....

you bring chad in here you have 2 LEGIT  #1 recievers and Welker the best slot WR out there, and galloway. I think this WR corp would make brady druel and opposing defenses CR@P thier pants.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

He's not going to take a large cut in pay so forget it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No1BadGuy. Show No1BadGuy's posts

Haven't we learned learned by now that it's not about scaring opposing teams defenses it's about scaring their offenses that will bring another SB to Beantown..

Defense Defense Defense should be our draft goal with a couple of OL draft picks and maybe take the Robiski kid if he falls..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I agree they need the help on defense much moreso than offense. While CJ would indeed make it a top WR corps, it's not a lack of scoring that is the main concern. They have not won SBs by winning shootouts, it's been the close games that have made them great. And that is what has declined in the last four years. Putting up 40 a game is nice in the regular season, but it doesn't often happen in the postseason (without a bunch of turnovers). They need a replacement for Willie Mac, who used to make the huge defensive plays (usually late in a close game) in January. And if they were going to pay a guy that type of money, I'd rather see them trade for Peppers. Although I'd love to see Brady have another 40+ TD season, I do not think that would be the difference between another Lombardi and falling just short. Just my opinion. Maybe they could convince Chad to sign a cap friendly contract. But even if all that worked itself out, I doubt the Bungles would deal him for anything less than a first round pick. If they took the #47 they'd be foolish. Though it would be a deal for NE, as they have more picks than can possibly make the roster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Well. A second round pick for Chad Johnson is frankly cheap. He'd be an excellent pickup depending on how much he wants.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]     Why? Because it would makes the Pats' offense potentially as awesome as the 2007 version. The 47th overall pick would be a small price to pay to accomplish that. How are defenses going to be able to cover Moss, Chad, and Welker?        
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I'd rather get a safety or OL with that pick.  Something that will help us down the road.  The Chad trade is about selling the future for a shot at the title for this year.  He's a luxury we don't need.  We have too many up and coming issues to do this. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattadlard. Show mattadlard's posts

I hate to rain of your parade, but Marvin Lewis said a few days a go that there is no way they are trading Chad, as much as i would love it...never gna happen!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

If the Pats can get Chad for the 47th overall pick, I hardly see how that mortgages their future.

Yeah...the Pats lost the SB in 2007 on a couple of supranatural plays. They played their worst game of the season (at least in part due to Tomase-gate), and still barely lost to a very good Giants team by just 3 points. Because of that, we should stamp the 2007 18-1 SB runner-up season as a complete failure? 

Let me put it this way...suppose the Colts were able to trade their second  and third round picks for Chad. How would anybody stop WRs Wayne, Ocho, Gonzalez, and TE Dallas Clark? Wouldn't such a trade be worth it for Indy?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

yeah, a lot of good that offense did us in the superbowl 2 years ago.
    we lost that game cause the giants beat the absolute he11 out of our offensive line.
    we have no need for ochocinco.. itd be a terrible trade for any draft pick.
    give me any position over another old, past his prime wide receiver..
    cause galloway, moss, welker, etc, arent enough..
    please

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]     Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson wants out of Cincinnati. The Bengals are quite aware of this...and would probably like to move him. Why don't the Pats pull another "Corey Dillion", and offer them their 47th overall pick for him?       Before you say no, and shout that the guy is a head-case, remember that the same things were said about Randy Moss. Chad is 31 years old, and still has a couple of good years left. He would be rejuvinated as a Patriot...would cut out the nonsense, and play ball.       If the Pats can do this, it would give them an offense potentially as explosive as the 2007 edition. Defenses would have no answers for Chad, Randy, and Wes Welker. Tom Brady could throw another 50 TD passes...if the OL does its job.   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]  Tex, you know I respect your opinion but you can't be serious.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Tex, I respect your opinion but ouchmyino are you ill?

Sections
Shortcuts