Patriots Should Take a Chance On Ricky Williams...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Patriots Should Take a Chance On Ricky Williams...

In Response to Re: Patriots Should Take a Chance On Ricky Williams...:
    Faulk has had the better career obviously, yes, but Woodhead is clearly the more electrifying player now and moving forward.  I am not sure how this is debatable. Woodhead can actually be a gamebreaker, while Faulk, in his later years is more of a methodical back.  Not a knock, he's just older and adapted very well with age. So, maybe Faulk can adapt yet again and be that makeshift FB on this team?  Faulk can block very well can still play in a role, etc. The question is, will he want a reduced role?   Maybe he can be the Sammy Morris role? Probably not, unless he has some role on Special Teams. I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion, especially with Woodhead's extension mid season last year, NE is sold on him replacing Faulk.
    Posted by BBReigns

Pretty much what I was trying to say.  The writing on the wall is pretty legible, even though we all agree that a Pats squad without Faulk on it is a sad thing.  Maybe he'll prove the naysayers wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing him back if he could fill a role. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Killa sure gets sensitive in these discussions sometimes. lol

First the Vrabel defense and now a strong defense for Faulk. 

Killa, no one is attacking either person, just commenting on it objectively.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Yeah, I would have to agree the Faulk train is about to depart at this juncture.  And Killa, any real Pats fan knows who Kevin Faulk is and what he has meant to the organization; however, at this point Danny brings more to the table.  The youth movement is in place.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I wouldn't jettison Faulk just yet but is there room on the roster for two backs with similar skills?  Let 'em compete when the time comes.  Yeah and just when is that time going to be?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Edelman plays on Special Teams, though.  He's also the 3rd QB.

That's why when I mentioned Morris's role for Faulk, it included the idea that Morris is a quality Special Teams guy in some fashion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

NO WAY!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Woody could play the Faulk role if he becomes as good a blocker (big if). The CBA is affecting draft strategies as we write. Miami could go after Ingram and let go of Williams and Brown if they believe a) Ingram is a legit feature back b) Williams and Brown are not the best options going forward. I could be wrong, but I think Deangelo Williams is also a free agent. There are plenty of FAs out there that could help the Patriots, but since the NFLPA and the NFL gridlock has reached an enormity of congressional proportion there's not much any team can do.

The running back by commitee seems to put us running in the middle of the rankings (12-15th ranking). I think most on this board want a running back that can kill the clock the way Dillion did (eg: big physical back that moves the pile and punishes the D Line) and yet some are leary of drafting a bust at RB (Maroney).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Mark Ingram is our man, would love to see him in a Pats backfield. The whole speed issue is crazy, the dude can run the ball.

Sections
Shortcuts