Patriots should trade Maroney and draft pick for Clinton Portis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Patriots should trade Maroney and draft pick for Clinton Portis

No.  Just draft a RB and get one that's young Like Jason mentioned in this thread.  & Pay attention to what Harley mentioned, Sure up that OL!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots should trade Maroney and draft pick for Clinton Portis:
    uh, no thanks. THis is one 'Cane I don't want on the Pats. no work ethic what so ever left 
    Posted by kansaspatriot

based on what? ive heard nothing but great things about his character and leadership...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Ummm...no.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots should trade Maroney and draft pick for Clinton Portis:
    In Response to Re: Patriots should trade Maroney and draft pick for Clinton Portis : I don't know where those portis stats came from but they're misleading. He only had 124 carries last year but it wad in only eight games. He still had an 6.3 yard average, his lowest ever.  He had almost 1500 yards and a 7.8 yard average in 16 games in  2008. http://www.nfl.com/players/clintonportis/profile?id=POR792942 He gained well over 1000 yard in 6 of his eight seasons and he's only 28. I give up maroney baloney and draft change for him any day.
    Posted by unclealfie

http://www.nfl.com/players/clintonportis/profile?id=POR792942

I think you're looking at receiving stats (he did have 6.3 yds. per catch on 9 receptions)?  The stats I provided are correct.

He's only 28, but it's not a young 28.  I just don't see a lot of upside, but he may a year or two left of decent production.  Just not sure it's radically better than what they already have on their roster. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Absolutely not. If they were going to do this type of move they should have picked up Thomas Jones but he wound up in KC for peanuts. I have no clue why the Pats didn't try to sign him. 2 years at 5 mil is robbery.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

There's a write up about the Redskins in liue of the McNabb trade,
    Tap the brakes on Redskins playoff talk

"My issue with that comparison is that McNabb won't have anywhere near the talent surrounding him Favre enjoyed. The Vikings had the best running back in the league heading into the 2009 season. The Redskins counter with a stable of running backs who each peaked about four years ago. I realize Clinton Portis was good in 2008 but he faded late."

Portis always had great moves but he was used as a bulldozer under Joe Gibbs and it killed his playmaking explosiveness. The Pats aleady have bulldozers they need Clinton Portis circa 2002-2003. The longest play he had last year was ten yards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Correction, longest pass play ten yards he had a long run of 78 yards it was probably the same run he scored his one rushing TD on last year. He must have played Monty Beisel somewhere.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

2 things if I may:

1) Clinton Portis?  We're all set with aging running backs thanks.

2) Fix the O-Line?  Could they be better? Sure.  Do they need 'fixing'? Not sure how.  Vollmer will probably be in the pro bowl this year or next.  Light is a pro bowl LT whether you like him or not.  Mankins is also a pro bowler.  Neal is as solid a RG as you'll find outside of the pro bowl. Koppen is an excellent center.   As I said, could they be better? Sure.  Need fixing? Nope.  Let's get our defense up to snuff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

...2) Fix the O-Line?  Could they be better? Sure.  Do they need 'fixing'? Not sure how....  Let's get our defense up to snuff.
    Posted by ATJ

I think you're correct in terms of priority, defense first.  Where I might disagree somewhat is that I think this line is on its last legs.  Mankins is still among the best in the league and Vollmer is very promising.  But Neal, Light and Koppen will need replacing relatively soon, maybe by the end of this year.

If a guy like Pouncey is available at 22, and if they think they can fill their other needs (defense, WR) with quality players they project to be available in round 2, I think that would be a good pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

ATJ~ I have to kindly disagree. Light is a past pro-bowler and his best days are behind him, he simply can't handle the better speed rushers in the league. Mankins is good but unhappy and I hope he doesn't become a distraction by holding out. Koppen is not good, he gets blown up repeatedly, and OLD Ray Lewis made him look silly in the playoff game. Neil is good when healthy but he has been hurt to much in his career. Kaczur svcks at tackle and should be moved to guard and if he svcks there then he should be released. Vollmer was find much like Brady, he has the chance to be something special. I would like to see the Pats spend one of their 2nd round pick on the oline and the 4th rounder as well. A better center and tackle would go along way in helping the run game and keeping Brady upright.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ol44. Show Ol44's posts

ATJ~ I have to kindly disagree. Light is a  past  pro-bowler and his best days are behind him, he simply can't handle the better speed rushers in the league. Mankins is good but unhappy and I hope he doesn't become a distraction by holding out. Koppen is not good, he gets blown up repeatedly, and OLD Ray Lewis made him look silly in the playoff game. Neil is good when healthy but he has been hurt to much in his career. Kaczur svcks at tackle and should be moved to guard and if he svcks there then he should be released. Vollmer was find much like Brady, he has the chance to be something special. I would like to see the Pats spend one of their 2nd round pick on the oline and the 4th rounder as well. A better center and tackle would go along way in helping the run game and keeping Brady upright.
    Posted by harleyroadking103

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ol44. Show Ol44's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots should trade Maroney and draft pick for Clinton Portis :
    Posted by Ol44

The OL has been going down hill the last couple of years.
    When the Pats needed a couple of yards in a critical situation the holes for the RBs were not there. Brady has been rushed into quickly releasing the ball, limiting his effectiveness. Very disturbing was the failure of the offense in the second halve of most games last season against good competition.
    Pounsey and a good tackle would go a long way in fixing this problem.

Sections
Shortcuts