Patriots Should Trade Up And Get Blackman WR from Oklahoma State In The First Round....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Patriots Should Trade Up And Get Blackman WR from Oklahoma State In The First Round....

Better WR than Dez Bryant coming out of college.   Blackman, Welker, Gronkowski, and Hernandez next season, no one could stop us.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Patriots Should Trade Up And Get Blackman WR from Oklahoma State In The First Round....

In Response to Patriots Should Trade Up And Get Blackman WR from Oklahoma State In The First Round....:
    [QUOTE]Better WR than Dez Bryant coming out of college.   Blackman, Welker, Gronkowski, and Hernandez next season, no one could stop us.  
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]

But no one can really stop us now. The bigger problem is we can't stop anyone else. I think both first rounders and 3 of the first 4 picks should be on D.

But BB, I'm sure will trade them back for "value," and I won't argue, since I'm no GM.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: Patriots Should Trade Up And Get Blackman WR from Oklahoma State In The First Round....

We have to draft defense !!!!

We could use a S and a LB in the first round...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

I bet B.B. will use all that he doesn't trade on the Defense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In 11 or so years I've learned that BB will never trade way up in the draft.

I've also learned that he never does what's expected.

Therefore, he likely WILL trade up this year, therefore further confounding all of us.

In all seriousness, I think these days there is a chance he would trade up because the players don't make absurd contracts anymore, but I sitll can't imagine he'd give up all those valuable picks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

is bb going ot trade up to #3 or #4. do you know what that would take.
    can we say fa-get-about-it...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Have you seen the Pats defense this year? It is one of the worst I have ever seen.They hold the score down by getting turnovers. Good teams, playoff teams are not going to do that. I don't see the Pats stringing three  40 point games together- which is probably what it would take with this defense. We have no shot at winning a title until we get some more talent on that side of the ball.

If Bill drafts an offensive player before round 4 they should throw him an insane asylum.

Besides, this offensive has proven that it can be stopped with a consistent pass rush. This OLine has proven to be mediocre and overrated. It has routinely failed to hold up against some of the better front sevens. A WR isn't going to help that. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Should Trade Up And Get Blackman WR from Oklahoma State In The First Round....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Patriots Should Trade Up And Get Blackman WR from Oklahoma State In The First Round.... : But no one can really stop us now. The bigger problem is we can't stop anyone else. I think both first rounders and 3 of the first 4 picks should be on D. But BB, I'm sure will trade them back for "value," and I won't argue, since I'm no GM.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

This

well said NY +1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

is bb going ot trade up to #3 or #4. do you know what that would take.
    can we say fa-get-about-it..

You can get pretty good D linemen and pass rushers up there. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Should Trade Up And Get Blackman WR from Oklahoma State In The First Round....:
    [QUOTE]Have you seen the Pats defense this year? It is one of the worst I have ever seen.They hold the score down by getting turnovers. Good teams, playoff teams are not going to do that. I don't see the Pats stringing three  40 point games together- which is probably what it would take with this defense. We have no shot at winning a title until we get some more talent on that side of the ball. If Bill drafts an offensive player before round 4 they should throw him an insane asylum. Besides, this offensive has proven that it can be stopped with a consistent pass rush. This OLine has proven to be mediocre and overrated. It has routinely failed to hold up against some of the better front sevens. A WR isn't going to help that. 
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

To be fair df2 the OL has gone through a number of injures and had to rely on a number of players they normally wouldn't have on the team. At one point they had Solder (a good looking player but still a rook), Cannon (coming off of no preseason training) and Thomas (a 4 year player who floated to 3 teams already) all holding down positions on the field at the same time

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Have you seen the Pats defense this year? It is one of the worst I have ever seen.They hold the score down by getting turnovers. Good teams, playoff teams are not going to do that. I don't see the Pats stringing three  40 point games together- which is probably what it would take with this defense. We have no shot at winning a title until we get some more talent on that side of the ball. If Bill drafts an offensive player before round 4 they should throw him an insane asylum. Besides, this offensive has proven that it can be stopped with a consistent pass rush. This OLine has proven to be mediocre and overrated. It has routinely failed to hold up against some of the better front sevens. A WR isn't going to help that. 
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

"If Bill drafts an offensive player before round 4 they should throw him an insane asylum."

hilarious! but i think they should do just that and get a center after getting a wr
    (the right one) or even better a proven commodity in fa

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

be nice to have him, but don't know if you've noticed, the offense is not what's broke, we need to rebuild the defense with the draft

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Sign Desean Jackson to an incentive laden contract. Draft D 1st and 2nd rounds

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Draft defense. Real NFL teams are not built like fantasy rosters. And even if they are I draft Demarcus Ware over Blackmon......but they aren't.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

The Pats only chance of landing Blackmon is to hire a seedy but competent PI and plant some Ganja and some Smack in Blackmon's room at the combine. Even with that, I don't think Blackmon drops below top 10.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I would draft a DB and a LB in the 1st round.

OL in the 2nd. Keep building the O Line....always!!
    We have plenty of weapons on offense, but it starts with the line.

Pick up a (PROVEN) WR in free agency.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Somebody saw last nights game. No thanks. Most of the time trading up back fires for eg Sancheze julio jones. The price is too high.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

based on recent trends, BB will draft 2 tight ends, a DB and 4 more running backs this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]based on recent trends, BB will draft 2 tight ends, a DB and 4 more running backs this year.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Hey now drafting another TE isn't out of the question. If they get one in the 2nd round by the name of Eifert or Fleener who are more all around TE's like Gronk that are above average inline blockers and can run good routes with excellent hands that makes Hernandez a 3rd TE but a full time HB (like how he's been used in the last couple of games) or a slot WR. Hernandez adds tremendous flexibility if you can get a 2nd all around TE. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they draft a TE in the 2nd over a WR.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

This team right now neads defensive help, in a big way.  Not another wide receiverf

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Fix the defense, the offense is fine. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Nobody has EVER been able to predict what BB does come draft day. Most of the time he picks someone that (most) have never heard of. The chance of him drafting all defense in the first 2 rounds (like many of us would like him to do) are slim at best.

Sections
Shortcuts