"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Patriots Sign another from the CFL ( Jason Vega) End-Linebacker

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Did you just say Nink was a "great" edge rusher when he plays LB?   lol

The guy who led our team in sacks last season with little to no defensive tackle help inside... yes I said it. Belichick also said it.

You can go back and revive threads from way back, I don't shrink from anything I've said in the past.  I'll sure as sht bet you don't want me doing the same to you...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Did you just say Nink was a "great" edge rusher when he plays LB?   lol

The guy who led our team in sacks last season with little to no defensive tackle help inside... yes I said it. Belichick also said it.

You can go back and revive threads from way back, I don't shrink from anything I've said in the past.  I'll sure as sht bet you don't want me doing the same to you...

im not trying to attack you wozzy and I would never back down to a comment I made as well. I wasnt referring to last year when he played DE. You stated he was great as an edhe rusher while playing LB and I didnt agree. Its not that serious so dont take it personally. Just bored and the board is dead so with your interest in our D line, I thought you would agree that we should have done more this offseason to upgrade it. I agree Nink played out of position LAST year but he still started his career as a DE. He got all his work in the 2nd half and my gripe with Nink is that he spent the whole 1st half of the season rushing the passer and didnt get close and BB never spelled him to make him more productive. He changed some technical things midway and had some timely sacks and had more than JPP as Rusty likes to point out but lets see what he would do if an offense payed attention to him. That attention was going to C.Jones and why he didnt have any sacks 2nd half. They are related.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

So, why are we even reading threads from seven months ago? And then asking "did you just say..."?

Well, no he said it seven months ago...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

So, why are we even reading threads from seven months ago? And then asking "did you just say..."?

Muz, you have to ask yourself why YOU are reading it...lol

Nobody got a gun to your head. It started because me and wozzy were talking about the CFL guys and I recalled a lot of fans being all giddy about Armstead and to some extent Vega who I think personally are long shots to make it. I am still concerned with the lack of quality depth on the line. After searching back I found some other threads I thought would be cool to bump since its slow and no discussions going on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

Nobody got a gun to your head. It started because me and wozzy were talking about the CFL guys and I recalled a lot of fans being all giddy about Armstead and to some extent Vega who I think personally are long shots to make it. I am still concerned with the lack of quality depth on the line. After searching back I found some other threads I thought would be cool to bump since its slow and no discussions going on.

[/QUOTE]

OK, fair enough. It's a free country (for now...).

I don't remember giddiness for Vega, and I remember cautious optimism for Armstead. He was a sought after guy who chose the Pats offer over others. I'd compare it to the Demps deal. A guy with promise in an area of need that wanted to play for the Pats.  

We don't really know a thing about Armstead's condition. He's got an infection that may/may not have a thing to do with his heart issue. He could be back tomorrow and become a perennial all-pro, could be gone for good. It seems premature to be throwing dirt on him just yet. Infections are tricky, I'm sure they want it to be 100% gone before he does anything that could cause it to recur.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

OK, fair enough. It's a free country (for now...).

I don't remember giddiness for Vega, and I remember cautious optimism for Armstead. He was a sought after guy who chose the Pats offer over others. I'd compare it to the Demps deal. A guy with promise in an area of need that wanted to play for the Pats.  

We don't really know a thing about Armstead's condition. He's got an infection that may/may not have a thing to do with his heart issue. He could be back tomorrow and become a perennial all-pro, could be gone for good. It seems premature to be throwing dirt on him just yet. Infections are tricky, I'm sure they want it to be 100% gone before he does anything that could cause it to recur.

ok, Maybe its a bit premature to give him a dirt nap but Im just trying to project the roster and if doesnt get on the field in the next 2 weeks, I dont see if happening. Time waits for no man. I will say some were def. giddy. I already bumped one post. Now maybe those are fans who followed what Rusty was saying which was probably that Vega was the next C.Wake, but they were out there. I was rooting for him because he was a hometown kid but once I saw him in person I was un impressed. Looks like Jarvis Green in terms of built and not a pass rusher. Armstead is running out of time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jeff Howe ]

Brockton native Jason Vega has been waived by the Patriots, per source. He suffered a knee injury Friday and got an MRI today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Jeff Howe ]

Brockton native Jason Vega has been waived by the Patriots, per source. He suffered a knee injury Friday and got an MRI today.

is that what they are going with?  ok, either way he was gone. Im rooting for Buchanan. HE looks like a  player!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Vega is talented, he just can't stay healthy, considering the average NFL career lasts three seasons that seems to be more than just a trend.  Too bad, a hometown kid would have made a nice story...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Jason, we hardly knew yee.....

NOW>>> we better be carefully looking over the end of training camp waiver wire for some interior DL help because Fortson and ol' "Poke Chop" won't get it done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

these old threads are hilarious. Woozy telling us how all of these guys are great, and when we say lets show some restraint, he labels us downers (or worse)...the ones about Woods and Crable are a riot.

Sections
Shortcuts