Patriots sign Donte Stallworth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth:
    [QUOTE]Belichick really is a joke. I hope Stallworth wraps his car around a telephone pole before training camp and before he can murder anyone else. Because that's the only way I'm watching the Patriots in 2012. Disgusting. This team has sunk to a low I never thoght I would see. So much for "classy" Bob Kraft. Way to let your overrated bumbling head coach take a dump on your brand and defecate on the memory of your dead wife. Myra must be spinning in her grave right now. I can't believe my team found a way to punch me in the stomach even harder than they did when they gagged two Superbowls away. Congrats Billy and Bobby.  You lowlife s.c.u.m.b.a.g.s. I hope this team goes goes 0-16 next year.
    Posted by df5[/QUOTE]

Calm down man you don't have to like the person to like the player, in fact with alot of players i have to almost see them as 2 different entitys in order to be a fan. Same with alot of bands, where i love the music and hate the people!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Pats just signed Robert Gallery as well
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Robert gallery + Dante Scarnecchia = good signing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

All 63 posts, gone from our lives forever! df5, we hardly new ya!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

While I don't condone drinking and driving by any means, wasn't the guy he hit walking across an Interstate or something? Even if he hadn't been drinking, he likely would not have been able to stop in time at those speeds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]could anthony gonzalez be the next wes welker for this team?
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Not many players can take the beatings Wes Welker takes in a game.  No way Gonzalez would even stand a chance of playing a complete season considering his fragile body.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Not many players can take the beatings Wes Welker takes in a game.  No way Gonzalez would even stand a chance of playing a complete season considering his fragile body.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Plus, you've got Donte Stallworth pulling up in the parking spot next to yours . . .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

stallworth = wallace! almost... i live in the baltimore area and got to see a few skins games. stallworth can still run and was the best receiver on the skins when he played and was healthy. he's still a very good receiver and belongs in the league. love the deal. no way i would cut ocho right now. i would have him, chad and underwood engage in a robust competition that chad really should win if he has read the playbook. our offense will push everyone. making this offensive team is a great honor. we have weapons at every spot. its all about competition. even tb will be pushed if we can land a tt. btw, its not a given lloyd makes this roster. he should outplay those guys mentioned above. if he can't and those guys all bring it, he should be let go! only wes, herny and gronk get the benefit of the doubt and should be held out of most competitive preseason situations.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

wow this is going to be a great battle at camp! gonzales, welker, ocho, underwood, slater, endelman, branch, lloyd, stallworth... wow! i have a feeling our WR core is going to be greatly improved!

stallworth played great against us last season, hopefully he will play just as great for us once again!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Calm down man you don't have to like the person to like the player, in fact with alot of players i have to almost see them as 2 different entitys in order to be a fan. Same with alot of bands, where i love the music and hate the people!
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]+1...  stallworth hasnt killed anyone else since then and clearly has learned something. everyone gets one mulligan esp when they own up to it. besides, we are hiring him for his skills on the field not as a bus driver!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]I've got a question about us and the draft. If the Saints lose their draft pick this year for putting bounties out, won't that be the same for us as moving down a pick?
    Posted by NoahJustin[/QUOTE]

After the first round, yes (Pats own NO 1st rounder). It actually compounds if they lose more than 1 pick, meaning, by the end of the draft, the last pick may have moved up 3 or 4 slots! Haha

Will have little impact of the draft in all honesty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

the dust settled on all the big free agent signings and BB goes on a shopping spree, nice!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]Belichick really is a joke. I hope Stallworth wraps his car around a telephone pole before training camp and before he can murder anyone else. Because that's the only way I'm watching the Patriots in 2012. Disgusting. This team has sunk to a low I never thoght I would see. So much for "classy" Bob Kraft. Way to let your overrated bumbling head coach take a dump on your brand and defecate on the memory of your dead wife. Myra must be spinning in her grave right now. I can't believe my team found a way to punch me in the stomach even harder than they did when they gagged two Superbowls away. Congrats Billy and Bobby.  You lowlife s.c.u.m.b.a.g.s. I hope this team goes goes 0-16 next year.
    Posted by df5[/QUOTE]

df5
    Before you go off on the signing and BB and BK you might actually read what happened and decide that Donte did more than what most in the same boat would have done. He also could have fought the charge but did not and maned up and took responsibility for what he did.

Manslaughter charges

On the morning of March 14, 2009, a 2005 Bentley coupé driven by Stallworth struck and killed a pedestrian at the eastern end of the MacArthur Causeway in Miami Beach, Florida. Stallworth was headed toward the beach when he hit Mario Reyes, 59. Police initially investigated the accident further to see if charges against Stallworth would be warranted.[citation needed]

Stallworth admitted to drinking the night prior to the accident. He had taken a taxi home from the bar and had gone to sleep. The next morning, he woke up and drove to get some food and had no idea he was still drunk. According to early reports Stallworth was legally drunk at the time of the accident;[13] news sources reported that his blood alcohol content was 0.12, over the nationwide legal limit of 0.08.[14][15] Stallworth claims that he flashed his car's headlights to warn Reyes before striking him.[16] A Miami Beach police report said Reyes was not in a crosswalk on the busy causeway when he was struck by the black 2005 Bentley Continental GT driven by Stallworth. Police estimated Stallworth was driving about 50 mph in a 40 mph zone.[17] The construction crane operator was trying to catch a bus home after finishing his shift around 7:15 a.m.[18]

Stallworth was charged with DUI and second degree manslaughter on April 1, 2009; he surrendered to police on April 2, 2009, and was released on $200,000 bail.[19] He pled guilty, and received a sentence of 30 days in jail, plus 1,000 hours of community service, 2 years of house arrest, and 8 years probation.[20] He has also received a life-time suspension of his Florida state driver's license.[21]

On July 10, 2009, Stallworth was released from jail after serving 24 days of a 30-day sentence.

The Associated Press reported on June 16, 2009, that Stallworth and the Reyes family reached a financial agreement, avoiding a civil lawsuit. The amount of the settlement was not disclosed.[22]

On August 13, 2009, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell stated that Stallworth would be suspended for the entire 2009 season without pay. Stallworth was reinstated after Super Bowl XLIV.[23]

A Yahoo! Sports story published August 12, 2010, reported that Stallworth's lawyers indicated he could have fought all charges with "an excellent chance of being found innocent," but that Stallworth chose to be convicted of a felony to do what he felt was morally right. The article later notes that David Cornwell, one of Stallworth's attorneys, felt there was irony in the reaction to Stallworth's decision because the public and media criticized the plea deal without knowing the full story.[24]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : df5 Before you go off on the signing and BB and BK you might actually read what happened and decide that Donte did more than what most in the same boat would have done. He also could have fought the charge but did not and maned up and took responsibility for what he did. Manslaughter charges On the morning of March 14, 2009, a 2005 Bentley coupé driven by Stallworth struck and killed a pedestrian at the eastern end of the MacArthur Causeway in Miami Beach , Florida . Stallworth was headed toward the beach when he hit Mario Reyes, 59. Police initially investigated the accident further to see if charges against Stallworth would be warranted. [ citation needed ] Stallworth admitted to drinking the night prior to the accident. He had taken a taxi home from the bar and had gone to sleep. The next morning, he woke up and drove to get some food and had no idea he was still drunk. According to early reports Stallworth was legally drunk at the time of the accident; [ 13 ] news sources reported that his blood alcohol content was 0.12, over the nationwide legal limit of 0.08. [ 14 ] [ 15 ] Stallworth claims that he flashed his car's headlights to warn Reyes before striking him. [ 16 ] A Miami Beach police report said Reyes was not in a crosswalk on the busy causeway when he was struck by the black 2005 Bentley Continental GT driven by Stallworth. Police estimated Stallworth was driving about 50 mph in a 40 mph zone. [ 17 ] The construction crane operator was trying to catch a bus home after finishing his shift around 7:15 a.m. [ 18 ] Stallworth was charged with DUI and second degree manslaughter on April 1, 2009; he surrendered to police on April 2, 2009, and was released on $200,000 bail. [ 19 ] He pled guilty, and received a sentence of 30 days in jail, plus 1,000 hours of community service , 2 years of house arrest , and 8 years probation. [ 20 ] He has also received a life-time suspension of his Florida state driver's license. [ 21 ] On July 10, 2009, Stallworth was released from jail after serving 24 days of a 30-day sentence. The Associated Press reported on June 16, 2009, that Stallworth and the Reyes family reached a financial agreement, avoiding a civil lawsuit. The amount of the settlement was not disclosed. [ 22 ] On August 13, 2009, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell stated that Stallworth would be suspended for the entire 2009 season without pay. Stallworth was reinstated after Super Bowl XLIV . [ 23 ] A Yahoo! Sports story published August 12, 2010, reported that Stallworth's lawyers indicated he could have fought all charges with "an excellent chance of being found innocent," but that Stallworth chose to be convicted of a felony to do what he felt was morally right. The article later notes that David Cornwell, one of Stallworth's attorneys, felt there was irony in the reaction to Stallworth's decision because the public and media criticized the plea deal without knowing the full story. [ 24 ]
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty shocked at that to be honest, I don't drive yet so i can't compare but i know plenty of my friends who have driven when they were probably over the limit from the night before. He's obviously not a bad man, more of a wron place wrong time kinda thing. Seems like he has a hard time living with what he did! Did any of you see the tweet he put up today  "This time around, things will be different..." if that doesn't fire you up I don't know what will. Why does september have to be so far away!?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Where's the harm?He can still run,knows the system isn't going to be asked to carry the wide receiver corps.Competition breeds effort and improved play.So many folks were clamoring for Reggie Wayne and now they are carping about Llord and Stallworth joining the Pats.Strange group here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]McDaniels is back!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like he is putting the band back together from 07', but with a slightly different look. If Stallworth has anything left, combined with Lloyd, Welker, Gronk and Hern, things get really interesting. I like this for nothing else than competition. Lets see what cream rises. The Gallery signing worries me. It could mean Waters retires, or maybe he is just for depth? Connolly is signed, so it would appear unless the pats do something with Mankins or Waters, Gallery is depth.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

I can just see McDaniels, Brady and BB sitting around a table with a list of names, waiting for the chips to fall.  $100 they chose Stallworth simply because he was far cheaper for another system fit than Gaffney.  Same age, Gaffney is probably the better choice, but this is simply cheaper.

Someone will get a good signing in Gaffney.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : I can just see McDaniels, Brady and BB sitting around a table with a list of names, waiting for the chips to fall.  $100 they chose Stallworth simply because he was far cheaper for another system fit than Gaffney.  Same age, Gaffney is probably the better choice, but this is simply cheaper. Someone will get a good signing in Gaffney.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

gaffney isn't a FA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Ahh, I thought someone mentioned he was last week? Nevermind then.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

Brady and the offense were just lacking in outside rec downfield production. ( also I tend to agree with Rusty's non stop argument on our lack of commitment to the run game and Brady's seeming lack of faith in anything but his arm ).

So, Brady has lost patience with "teaching" new rec how to run routes and McDaniels also does not want to mess around there. Stallworth and loyd both know where to be and when to be there. Neither will be #1 options but crucial ones when we do choose to go there.

As to the run game, I know we ran often enough and effectivly on paper but it never seemed to be enough to make an opposing defense play honest. We had the talent to do so, the addition of Gallery will only help. Maybe we do something crazy and trade up for T. Rich, ( add Hoyer in a package for Cleveland?). I do have faith in Vareen and Ridley but I think Brady needs a guy back there even he can't disrespect the contribution from. ( maybe in Brady's case it isn't arogance for why thats the case, just honesty in that his arm is a better option than giving BJGE the rock on 3rd and 4 )

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

It is not arrogance on Brady's part it is our offensive philosophy to throw the ball early and often. As good as Brady is he is just another player on this team. In 2006 we realized that Brady didn't have very good weapons so we went and got him some and he lit a fire under the leagues pants.

Now we have placed too much emphasis on the passing game and rely too much on Brady's ability alone. I blame this on the constant raping of our coaching staff. Without a mind like Charlie Weiss or his protege Josh McDaniel's we have suffered to be creative in the play calling.

We have been a one dimensional offense and it stems from the coaching(or lack thereof).

Brady is about as good a QB as you will ever see. Rusty for some reason won't see the light on this subject and has been possessed by the idea that Brady has turned into some kind of power hungry general who throws fits when he doesn't get his way. I don't where he gets this stuff but I still like the guy!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

yeah, where's the link?

Plus, how come we didn't sign Stallworth when he was released during the regular season LAST year (before he was picked up again).....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I'd rather have signed Moss.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/03/reports_patriot.html

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

DO NOT LIKE IT.....he svcked when he was here before

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

[QUOTE]It is not arrogance on Brady's part it is our offensive philosophy to throw the ball early and often. As good as Brady is he is just another player on this team. In 2006 we realized that Brady didn't have very good weapons so we went and got him some and he lit a fire under the leagues pants. Now we have placed too much emphasis on the passing game and rely too much on Brady's ability alone. I blame this on the constant raping of our coaching staff. Without a mind like Charlie Weiss or his protege Josh McDaniel's we have suffered to be creative in the play calling. We have been a one dimensional offense and it stems from the coaching(or lack thereof). Brady is about as good a QB as you will ever see. Rusty for some reason won't see the light on this subject and has been possessed by the idea that Brady has turned into some kind of power hungry general who throws fits when he doesn't get his way. I don't where he gets this stuff but I still like the guy!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I agree that Brady is about the best. Thats the problem, how do you take the ball out of his hands. We get upset at the play calling sometimes but when we go to the run and get stopped, I must admit i think I get even more upset we didn't throw it.

This is the problem for the coaches and Brady himself. It takes some serious emotional control to remain balanced and commited when on one side is BJGE and the other is Brady. Who would you trust on 3rd and 4. That's why we need to try and find a closer gap in talent between the QB and running back. HOF vs UDFA. Ii think defensive coordinators will always play against the pass. We need to bring that talent gap closer.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts