Patriots sign Donte Stallworth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Did you actually compare Bill Belichick to Grady Little?   Oh Rusty, Rusty, Rusty.  I hope you're just drinking again . . . 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

No. I compared Tom Brady to Pedro Martinez.  Did you say you're a bandwagon fan and a pink hat?

lmao

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : No. I compared Tom Brady to Pedro Martinez.  Did you say you're a bandwagon fan and a pink hat? lmao
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Pink hat? I don't agree with him all the time. But he's 10X more correct than you ever are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Looks like we have the basis for an agreement. The D was ugly and needs upgrade. The O was good but could still be upgraded via a more explosive RB. We can argue about the draft picks being more busts than not busts based on NFL averages, how we go about making the D better while also upgrading the offense, if both can be upgraded at the same time, if the both need to be upgraded or if the offense is fine as stands. I agree that BB would have run more if he thought it best based on previous years personnel. 
    Posted by Asher77[/QUOTE]

Okay, so argue away. I say we have had too many bad draft picks on D, and we don't have the resources to fix that and acquire a top tier RB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Pink hat? I don't agree with him all the time. But he's 10X more correct than you ever are.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Umm, no he's not.  He still hasn't admitted the owners controlled the lockout and got what they wanted, while not screwing over the union.

He also still hasn't admitted, like yourself, that our offense laid another egg in a SB.

Joke is on you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Just thought I'd check in to remind a certain someone of why we win consistently (here's a hint, it's Tom Brady)...oh wait, wrong thread. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

I think the FA signings have helped the overall depth of the roster and for a team that almost won the SB and didn't lose anything of value ( maybe Anderson ) thats a rather tall feat.

Loyd was the biggest name upgrade and that was on offense so that side of the ball looks good.

On defense we have the age factor here that is undervalued.

The prime of any player is very unpredictable, if you look across the NFL guys have there best years almost at random. Injuries, experience, maturity, consistency of program, fit of the scheme. All play parts.

The highest Norm though has a players best years be around 27-28 I would wager.

Based on this our defense should get better next year because guys are still below the 27-28 year old window, thus gaining in both experience ( playoff as well ), maturity, and consistency of program.

I don't see this as something up for debate. The debate would be how much better. You can argue that we were so bad last year that better is still very bad.

I would say that better is better and since we made it to the SB with a very bad D, anything better enhances our odds of another.

If the offense is the same or better than that also enhances our odds. If we add loyd into the mix we can argue that the offense should be better on paper.

So i have both our offense and our defense already looking better for next year as compared to last.

This means that we are a better team and still ahve resources at our disposal via the draft picks. Do we go D, go O, trade for veterans or for future picks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Does this mean David Patten gets signed next? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

[QUOTE]Just thought I'd check in to remind a certain someone of why we win consistently (here's a hint, it's Tom Brady)...oh wait, wrong thread. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

lol, I am sure I am not the certain someone but I have given up on trying to find the right thread. Seems everyone breaks down into some type of general discussion or troll rant or Rusty bash. same folks read them all so I have decided to just post on whichever happens to be the flavor of the day.

Except mbeaulieu's Draft Board discussion, which is a pleasure to read and the main reason I visit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Sorry danemcmenamin - Rest assured, df5 ain't gonna calm down...  The guy originally came on this board at the exact same time (literally=same day) that 3 or 4 other newbie Pats Posters coincidentally came on... The theme was VERY simple: At the time, they all blasted NE's Roster or FA's or Draft (they first came on in force in the offseason), And kept sayin' over and over and over, How given NE's personell, The New York jets were simply gonna steamroll NE (I believe something clever, like an "As usual" was added for effect).  Wasn't just that he was outed then, he came back on a few more times (As a "Diehard Pats Fan"- stating it outwardly and awkwardly and often). So no...Given NE's current FA crop, Where EVERY NE would and is, Just Ecstatic to get even half the take of the signing/resigning of this group thus far in free agency <currently on NFL.com />: Marquice Cole (DB), Dan Connolly (OC), Jonathan Fanene (DE), Daniel Fells (TE), Robert Gallery (OG-actually my favorite signing), Anthony Gonzalez (WR), Steven Gregory (S), Marcus Harrison (DT), Brandon Lloyd (WR), Trevor Scott (DE/OLB), Donte Stallworth (WR), Tracy White (LB)...  A NYJ Fan however, wouldn't be quite as jovial... 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try to be as respectful as possible because I enjoy most of your posts and I appreciate what you contribute to the forum. How you connect the dots and jump to the conclusion that I'm a Jet's fan is beyond me. I don't care that you think I'm so unbalanced that I feel the need to come on here and "pose" as a Pats fan under multiple aliases. I mean it's a bit insulting but I have enough self confidence to not be concerned with what anyone here thinks of me.

What really irritates me is the idea, the train of logic that led you to insinuate that I have no right to be morally outraged by this signing. That I must have another motive.

I overreacted in this situation. Some of the things I said were a product of anger and I didn't really mean them. And I get that I can be a bit negative. I grew up in a period when it was hard to be a Boston fan. Part of that is still in my DNA. I'm not happy with the way this team has been run the last seven years or the way Brady has played since 07. I try to keep most of that to myself because it just stirs the pot and antagonizes the koolaid drinkers.

I try not to judge people. And I'm not as sanctimonious as I seem. But the  three things I hate most in this world are:

1) People that abuse women, children and animals or take advantage of the weak. In short, cowards.

2) Rapists

3) People that drive drunk.

I try not to get too personal in these forums. I see no reason to give some idiot ammunition to attack me with. But my life  has been impacted by drunk drivers. More than once.  I'll leave it at that.

When I hear DUI all rationality goes out the window. I can't help it. But in all honesty, I would probably feel the same way if the Pats signed Big Ben or Brandon Marshall. I don't want people who I have no respect for and flat out detest, crammed down my throat. I hope the Pats do well, stock the cupboard and build the defense for 2013. But as long as Stallworth is on this team they are dead to me. And Kraft and Belichick lost at least a little bit of my respect they will never get back. That's just the way I feel and it doesn't make me any less of a Pats fan.

I didn't "appear." I started off as dafoe (because Byron Dafoe was my favorite Bruins player) and switched to the df numbered system. I tend to forget unimportant passwords. And for me, it's easier to create a new account than to bother with recovery. I've been around this forum a lot longer than you seem to think. Not kissing Belichick's rear doesn't make me a Jets fan.

I'm entitled to an opinion. And Stallworth in a Pats uniform makes my stomach turn. Literally.

As for all the signings I'm supposed to be excited about I have yet to see anything that significantly addresses this team's biggest problem: defense. The saftey with one careerr pick (or whatever it is) and Fannanne or whatever his name is. Whoop-de-doo. Brandon Llyod? So what? It's not the offense that is keeping this team from being a contender. And now they might lose their best end to free agency.

We will see how it plays out. But the idea that I'm supposed to be jumping for joy at the Pats offseason is a bit ridiculous

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Umm, no he's not.  He still hasn't admitted the owners controlled the lockout and got what they wanted, while not screwing over the union. He also still hasn't admitted, like yourself, that our offense laid another egg in a SB. Joke is on you.

Oh yeah, Rusty's really a big wheeler dealer who understands finance and negotiation better than anyone.  That's why he works in a call center . . . 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : No. I compared Tom Brady to Pedro Martinez.  Did you say you're a bandwagon fan and a pink hat? lmao

Did you pay your season ticket invoice yet?  I paid mine . . .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth :  How you connect the dots and jump to the conclusion that I'm a Jet's fan is beyond me
    Posted by df5[/QUOTE]

Ahh, let me try to take a stab at answering that.

That's the kind of thing people in the nuthouse do?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : He actually played a great game in the Super Bowl. The defense had a chance to recover 3 fumbles. The one they did recover also had 12 players on the field. We get that fumble giants don't score the Touchdown and I believe we win the game.
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

You are a man of great insight. Well, not really. You're just not a nincompoop like many of the clueless turds that haunt this place and call themselves knowledgable fans are. You're normal and that makes you smarter than them. Well said indeed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Just thought I'd check in to remind a certain someone of why we win consistently (here's a hint, it's Tom Brady)...oh wait, wrong thread. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I doubt Rusty served in the military. If so, they would for sure have blanket partied him a few times.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Umm, no he's not.  He still hasn't admitted the owners controlled the lockout and got what they wanted, while not screwing over the union. He also still hasn't admitted, like yourself, that our offense laid another egg in a SB. Joke is on you.

You prove my point with nearly every utterance Albert. You are correct about the owners though. You maybe get 1 in 10.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I hope everyone hear understands that the reason B.B. wants Brady to throw a lot is because he knows his defense will be on the field for a long time. B.B. cannot stop that, so he tries his best to keep the points down in the redzone.

The fact we dont have the ball alot forces us to pass because running would take too long and doesnt garuantee scoring.

This should be easy to figure out and if you dont buy it, you are calling B.B. a MORON...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : You are a man of great insight. Well, not really. You're just not a nincompoop like many of the clueless turds that haunt this place and call themselves knowledgable fans are. You're normal and that makes you smarter than them. Well said indeed.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

speak for yourself ... troll boy

Sections
Shortcuts