Patriots sign Donte Stallworth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth:
    It is not arrogance on Brady's part it is our offensive philosophy to throw the ball early and often. As good as Brady is he is just another player on this team. In 2006 we realized that Brady didn't have very good weapons so we went and got him some and he lit a fire under the leagues pants. Now we have placed too much emphasis on the passing game and rely too much on Brady's ability alone. I blame this on the constant raping of our coaching staff. Without a mind like Charlie Weiss or his protege Josh McDaniel's we have suffered to be creative in the play calling. We have been a one dimensional offense and it stems from the coaching(or lack thereof). Brady is about as good a QB as you will ever see. Rusty for some reason won't see the light on this subject and has been possessed by the idea that Brady has turned into some kind of power hungry general who throws fits when he doesn't get his way. I don't where he gets this stuff but I still like the guy!
    Posted by TrueChamp

After 2007, SB 42, Brady's trending down in postseasons losing SB 46, the Jets playoff loss, almost throwing the game away to Balt, you don't know where I get it from?

You've got to be kidding me.

I've said MANY times, I don't believe Brady is intentionally doing it. I think since 2007, the Moss/Welker infusion here, has festered in his head that he HAS to throw and be the guy to win the big games because of how many times THAT has been the way they've won many games. That's a pretty normal thing being as great as he is.

It's very similar to Pedro Martinez standing on the mound in Yankee Stadium in Game 7 in the 2003 ALCS and telling Goober Grady he was fine. Everyone one and their grandmother could see he was gassed and Williamson or Timlin and Embree needed to get up immediately, and that he wasn't fine.

I want Pedro to say that, but at the same time, it's up the people involved to make good on-field decisions.

It's up to BB to rectify this, but the on the field stuff, the audibiling, the fact Brady clearly loves to throw, etc, only he is responsible for that. I don't care who our QB is.  I don't care if this was Joe Montana and it's 1991.  I am saying the same thing as a 49ers fan then as I am now as a Pats fan, assuming Montana was looking average or at times bad in the postseason.

I'll say the same thing for the poor sap (Mallett) who follows in Brady's footsteps.

Frankly, I am stunned that it's come to this and we're still talking about it. After 2009, I realized the Moss/Welker formula was done. It was finally fixed in early 2010, only to revert back to it in January of 2011. The question is, WHY?

And here we are on the heels of the most frustrating Pats season of our lives, talking about the same thing, 6 weeks after losing in a SB because of the problem. 

I want to win.  I don't care about Brady's stats or legacy. He has himself to blame for playing poorly in the AFC title game and not staying focused in the 4th qtr of the SB. 

Why is it so outlandish for me to want my team to win and me knowing we have to have better QB play in order to do it?

I am telling you right now, off these boards, this is a very big topic of discusson.  My friends and family are not saying "Gee, Brady looks great!" over and over and pretending he hasn't struggled when it's counted.    Some took a while to see it, but the homer delights on here wearing their Brady panties are quite sight to behold.  It became very apparent during the season, and I don't feel adding more WRs is the solution. 

I think it's fine to improve the position by adding quality competition like in this case here for cheap, but passing 50 times a game to use all these weapons, is by no means how they're going to fix this.

Can you imagine the problems MIke Wallace would have cause if BB was listening to some fans here?  It would be Moss Part II and D's would have us diagnosed before kick off very week again and again and again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : After 2007, SB 42, Brady's trending down in postseasons losing SB 46, the Jets playoff loss, almost throwing the game away to Balt, you don't know where I get it from? You've got to be kidding me. I've said MANY times, I don't believe Brady is intentionally doing it. I think since 2007, the Moss/Welker infusion here, has festered in his head that he HAS to throw and be the guy to win the big games because of how many times THAT has been the way they've won many games. That's a pretty normal thing being as great as he is. It's very similar to Pedro Martinez standing on the mound in Yankee Stadium in Game 7 in the 2003 ALCS and telling Goober Grady he was fine. Everyone one and their grandmother could see he was gassed and Williamson or Timlin and Embree needed to get up immediately, and that he wasn't fine. I want Pedro to say that, but at the same time, it's up the people involved to make good on-field decisions. It's up to BB to rectify this, but the on the field stuff, the audibiling, the fact Brady clearly loves to throw, etc, only he is responsible for that. I don't care who our QB is.  I don't care if this was Joe Montana and it's 1991.  I am saying the same thing as a 49ers fan then as I am now as a Pats fan, assuming Montana was looking average or at times bad in the postseason. I'll say the same thing for the poor sap (Mallett) who follows in Brady's footsteps. Frankly, I am stunned that it's come to this and we're still talking about it. After 2009, I realized the Moss/Welker formula was done. It was finally fixed in early 2010, only to revert back to it in January of 2011. The question is, WHY? And here we are on the heels of the most frustrating Pats season of our lives, talking about the same thing, 6 weeks after losing in a SB because of the problem.  I want to win.  I don't care about Brady's stats or legacy. He has himself to blame for playing poorly in the AFC title game and not staying focused in the 4th qtr of the SB.  Why is it so outlandish for me to want my team to win and me knowing we have to have better QB play in order to do it? 
    Posted by BassFishing

I see it that way too. Brady can be one of the best in the NFL but it looks like he believes that he can throw in any situation  for success. When he forces the ball its a disaster. He used to throw the ball away and wait till the next down. Recently in playoff games he's been forcing the ball more, even on first down like the super bowl and against the Ravens, both leading to costly turnovers. As crazy as it seems, he was better when he didn't have guys like Moss and Welker. 

If he reverts back to his first 5 seasons they win another championship or two. This isn't bashing Brady or saying that he sukks its just a fact that from the AFC championship in 2007 till now, a span of 7 or 8 games, he's only had one good game and thrown numerous interceptions. Anyone watching the games can see it. This kind of play will never get him another ring. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : unfortunately both the 07' and 11' offenses FAILED miserably when it counted in both of the super bowls.......i guess maybe combining the two could help lol
    Posted by redsoxfan94

It was actually the defenses that FAILED. They had the lead with time running out and they blew the win for the lack of stopping Eli. Eli has 2 SBMVPs because of our defense. He should thank them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : I see it that way too. Brady can be one of the best in the NFL but it looks like he believes that he can throw in any situation  for success. When he forces the ball its a disaster. He used to throw the ball away and wait till the next down. Recently in playoff games he's been forcing the ball more, even on first down like the super bowl and against the Ravens, both leading to costly turnovers. As crazy as it seems, he was better when he didn't have guys like Moss and Welker.  If he reverts back to his first 5 seasons they win another championship or two. This isn't bashing Brady or saying that he sukks its just a fact that from the AFC championship in 2007 till now, a span of 7 or 8 games, he's only had one good game and thrown numerous interceptions. Anyone watching the games can see it. This kind of play will never get him another ring. 
    Posted by 15315k

Stop talking to yourself Rusty. It's a sign of madness.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : It was actually the defenses that FAILED. They had the lead with time running out and they blew the win for the lack of stopping Eli. Eli has 2 SBMVPs because of our defense. He should thank them.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Ok smart guy, tell me what you would call an offense that doesn't put any points on the board for the final 25 minutes of the Super Bowl? ZERO! Is that a failure or was that the defense fault as well?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Calm down man you don't have to like the person to like the player, in fact with alot of players i have to almost see them as 2 different entitys in order to be a fan. Same with alot of bands, where i love the music and hate the people!
    Posted by danemcmenamin

Sorry danemcmenamin- Rest assured, df5 ain't gonna calm down...  The guy originally came on this board at the exact same time (literally=same day) that 3 or 4 other newbie Pats Posters coincidentally came on... The theme was VERY simple: At the time, they all blasted NE's Roster or FA's or Draft (they first came on in force in the offseason), And kept sayin' over and over and over, How given NE's personell, The New York jets were simply gonna steamroll NE (I believe something clever, like an "As usual" was added for effect).  Wasn't just that he was outed then, he came back on a few more times (As a "Diehard Pats Fan"- stating it outwardly and awkwardly and often).

So no...Given NE's current FA crop, Where EVERY NE would and is, Just Ecstatic to get even half the take of the signing/resigning of this group thus far in free agency <currently on NFL.com />: Marquice Cole (DB), Dan Connolly (OC), Jonathan Fanene (DE), Daniel Fells (TE), Robert Gallery (OG-actually my favorite signing), Anthony Gonzalez (WR), Steven Gregory (S), Marcus Harrison (DT), Brandon Lloyd (WR), Trevor Scott (DE/OLB), Donte Stallworth (WR), Tracy White (LB)...  A NYJ Fan however, wouldn't be quite as jovial... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Stop talking to yourself Rusty. It's a sign of madness.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Look at his Playoff stats from 01 through 06, before Moss or Welker and compare it to 06 through 12 and tell me which was better.. Then tell me if his receivers were better when he had guys like Fred Coleman, Rod Rutlege, Doug Gabriel, Chad Jackson, Bam Childress, Caldwell and many more or the 2007 till now receivers.

Nobody's saying Brady blows here, What some of us are saying is that he hasn't played as well in the playoffs as he did in his earlier days, despite having better players around him. If you can prove that he's been better recently then I will gladly retract my statement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Stop talking to yourself Rusty. It's a sign of madness.
    Posted by BabeParilli

And my name isn't Rusty, don't even know a Rusty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It is not arrogance on Brady's part it is our offensive philosophy to throw the ball early and often. As good as Brady is he is just another player on this team. In 2006 we realized that Brady didn't have very good weapons so we went and got him some and he lit a fire under the leagues pants. Now we have placed too much emphasis on the passing game and rely too much on Brady's ability alone. I blame this on the constant raping of our coaching staff. Without a mind like Charlie Weiss or his protege Josh McDaniel's we have suffered to be creative in the play calling. We have been a one dimensional offense and it stems from the coaching(or lack thereof). Brady is about as good a QB as you will ever see. Rusty for some reason won't see the light on this subject and has been possessed by the idea that Brady has turned into some kind of power hungry general who throws fits when he doesn't get his way. I don't where he gets this stuff but I still like the guy!
    Posted by TrueChamp

FACTS just go in one ear and out the f'n other with you.

We actually ran the ball more in 2011 than 2010 even though we were in the bottom half of the league for yards per carry.

Facts just don't even slow your delusions down do they?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : And my name isn't Rusty, don't even know a Rusty.
    Posted by 15315k

Spare us Rusty boy. You've already been outed on the other thread by several people.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Signing Stallworth is another good move by BB, he's fast and has played in the system before. The offense should be loaded, now hopefully BB drafts some defensive guys that can help right away. The foundation is there and they are young, a few more players can put them over the top. Maybe he moves up and gets a guy like Barron, never know with him but the draft should be exciting for Patriot fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth :   I think since 2007, the Moss/Welker infusion here, has festered in his head that he HAS to throw and be the guy to win the big games because of how many times THAT has been the way they've won many games. That's a pretty normal thing being as great as he is. It's very similar to Pedro Martinez standing on the mound in Yankee Stadium in Game 7 in the 2003 ALCS and telling Goober Grady he was fine. Everyone one and their grandmother could see he was gassed and Williamson or Timlin and Embree needed to get up immediately, and that he wasn't fine. I want Pedro to say that, but at the same time, it's up the people involved to make good on-field decisions. It's up to BB to rectify this, but the on the field stuff, the audibiling, the fact Brady clearly loves to throw, etc, only he is responsible for that. I don't care who our QB is.  
    Posted by BassFishing

Did you actually compare Bill Belichick to Grady Little?  

Oh Rusty, Rusty, Rusty.  I hope you're just drinking again . . . 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Ok smart guy, tell me what you would call an offense that doesn't put any points on the board for the final 25 minutes of the Super Bowl? ZERO! Is that a failure or was that the defense fault as well?
    Posted by 15315k

Rusty, at least try to use a couple of different arguments. You're making it too obvious.

Bottom line: With 3:46 left the Giants drove 88 yards for the winning TD against the Pats' D leaving a mere 57 seconds on the clock. Eli Manning shredded them for a 157 passer rating on that drive; an embarrassing FAILURE by the D in the quest for the Lombardi yet again. (see 2006, 2007)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I think Brady feels like he has to sling it around because he knows he has to score almost every time to keep the team in the game.  He goes fifteen to 20 minutes in between posessions because the defense, while not giving up a ton of points, gives up a TON of yards and ToP.  Less opportunity for Brady means that he's got to be quick AND deadly.  Quality teams that can get to him and know he becomes impatient will take advantage. 

I think ToP is a bigger issue than most are talking about.  When we were winning those championships, we were owning that stat.  We didn't let the Peyton Mannings stay on the field for 90+ yard drives.  Those defenses shut the door and allowed our offense to grind away.

Our coaching staff has had some pretty bad brainf@rt$...just look at those great drives in the middle of the SB...end arounds, runs to the outside, a throw to 85 on the outside, passes in the middle...85+ yard drives and scores... Unfortunately they were bookended by trying a deep pass from the endzone and stupidly throwing it up for grabs to a hobbled Gronk in the middle of the field.  Absolute braincramps there. 

I thought the drive against the Ravens with Gronk getting hurt was masterful.  They just plowed the road and got in the endzone.  That was a championship drive right there.  Unfortunately again in that game...you had Matthew Slater in for one play..."Hey, Tommy...throw it into triple coverage!  Why not?!?!?" :)  Just bad, stupid, non-complementary football.  Offense making life harder for themselves and the team.

They should reign #12 in...and should execute like they have in this recent FA period.  Pick their spots carefully and then go for it...otherwise at all other times, stay the course and grind away.

I like the Stallworth signing...Brady trusts him and likes him.  That's going to go a long way.  I have to ask though...what's the over/under for RB on the roster?  I say 3.5.  I will take the under...it will be Vareeen, Ridley, and Woodhead.  That's it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : I see it that way too. Brady can be one of the best in the NFL but it looks like he believes that he can throw in any situation  for success. When he forces the ball its a disaster. He used to throw the ball away and wait till the next down. Recently in playoff games he's been forcing the ball more, even on first down like the super bowl and against the Ravens, both leading to costly turnovers. As crazy as it seems, he was better when he didn't have guys like Moss and Welker.  If he reverts back to his first 5 seasons they win another championship or two. This isn't bashing Brady or saying that he sukks its just a fact that from the AFC championship in 2007 till now, a span of 7 or 8 games, he's only had one good game and thrown numerous interceptions. Anyone watching the games can see it. This kind of play will never get him another ring. 
    Posted by 15315k
    He actually played a great game in the Super Bowl. The defense had a chance to recover 3 fumbles. The one they did recover also had 12 players on the field. We get that fumble giants don't score the Touchdown and I believe we win the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Receiving Rushing

Year Age Tm Position No. G GS Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G YScm RRTD Fmb AV
    2002 22 NOR wr 83 13 7 42 594 14.1 8 57 3.2 45.7 2 2 0 4 1.0 0.2 0.2 596 8 0 7
    2003 23 NOR wr 83 11 3 25 485 19.4 3 76 2.3 44.1 1 3 0 3 3.0 0.3 0.1 488 3 3 5
    2004 24 NOR WR 83 16 10 58 767 13.2 5 45 3.6 47.9 6 37 0 26 6.2 2.3 0.4 804 5 0 7
    2005 25 NOR WR 83 16 13 70 945 13.5 7 43 4.4 59.1 2 2 0 3 1.0 0.1 0.1 947 7 1 6
    2006 26 PHI WR 18 12 11 38 725 19.1 5 84 3.2 60.4               725 5 0 6
    2007 27 NWE WR 18 16 9 46 697 15.2 3 69 2.9 43.6 1 12 0 12 12.0 0.8 0.1 709 3 0 9

He didn't stink for us. He had almost 700 yards on 46 catches. He didn't fumble either. Thats a lot better then Chad his first year. Albeit the offseason he had.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : FACTS just go in one ear and out the f'n other with you. We actually ran the ball more in 2011 than 2010 even though we were in the bottom half of the league for yards per carry. Facts just don't even slow your delusions down do they?
    Posted by BabeParilli

Babe,

Trying to sway you in an argument is the same as bashing your head against a wall but I would like to try. Yes we ran the ball a balanced amount on paper, no argument from me. More in 2011 than 2010 if you say so. Yes brady makes us win and is awesome. Yes the defense has let us down. My point now is:

Do you agree that Tom Brady is in the top 5 all time for QB's. If you agree here than you must also agree that the gap in stature from him to BJGE ( a diff position but my point is for overall fear one strikes in an opposing defense ) is HUGE.

Considering that, if you are the defensivwe coordinator and going against the Pats. Would you not try to stop Brady first and the heck with the run game?

If you are the Pat's offensive cord., wouldn't you want Brady to throw the ball in crucial spots as he is the best?

I want brady to throw the ball, so does Rusty I hope. What I want though is to make it easier for him to do so by having him throw against a defense that doesn't only respect the pass. YES Brady still does it with an amazing amount of sucess.

Defenses don't respect our run game because Brady is awesome. Why let him beat you when you know he can dispite your best effort to stop him. Forget the run and play pass, and in the fourth quarter of a tight game, respect the run even less. When we need it most we will rely on the golden arm of Brady. It makes sense.

Now, if we had a RB such as Curtis Martin, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, input HOFer of choice. Would you feel a little better handing him the ball on 3rd and 4 in the 4th quarter and expecting that he OR Brady can get that 1st down.

Defenses would think both might, the offensive cord would think both might, Brady will think both might get it. DEFENSES would start to play us honest, unsure what we will do game to game. Thats what we want, the expectation. The fear of a running game.

It has zero to do with how many times we ran on paper, how many times Brady passed, how many yards per carry our backs got in 2011 or 2010.

It is ALL about the 4th quarter of the SB and the Giants D still being affraid of the big run play and that makeing Brady's job of finding an open reciever just a little easier because the opposing D will not cheat.

BJGE is not going to do this, he is not a match to stand in Brady's shadow. Rusty may think the RB's name is not the issue, I think it's the biggest one. Not because he can't get the yards, but because no one is affraid when they read his name on the roster and ignore him when they game plan for us during the week leading up to the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Babe, Trying to sway you in an argument is the same as bashing your head against a wall but I would like to try. Yes we ran the ball a balanced amount on paper, no argument from me. More in 2011 than 2010 if you say so. Yes brady makes us win and is awesome. Yes the defense has let us down. My point now is: Do you agree that Tom Brady is in the top 5 all time for QB's. If you agree here than you must also agree that the gap in stature from him to BJGE ( a diff position but my point is for overall fear one strikes in an opposing defense ) is HUGE. Considering that, if you are the defensivwe coordinator and going against the Pats. Would you not try to stop Brady first and the heck with the run game? If you are the Pat's offensive cord., wouldn't you want Brady to throw the ball in crucial spots as he is the best? I want brady to throw the ball, so does Rusty I hope. What I want though is to make it easier for him to do so by having him throw against a defense that doesn't only respect the pass. YES Brady still does it with an amazing amount of sucess. Defenses don't respect our run game because Brady is awesome. Why let him beat you when you know he can dispite your best effort to stop him. Forget the run and play pass, and in the fourth quarter of a tight game, respect the run even less. When we need it most we will rely on the golden arm of Brady. It makes sense. Now, if we had a RB such as Curtis Martin, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, input HOFer of choice. Would you feel a little better handing him the ball on 3rd and 4 in the 4th quarter and expecting that he OR Brady can get that 1st down. Defenses would think both might, the offensive cord would think both might, Brady will think both might get it. DEFENSES would start to play us honest, unsure what we will do game to game. Thats what we want, the expectation. The fear of a running game. It has zero to do with how many times we ran on paper, how many times Brady passed, how many yards per carry our backs got in 2011 or 2010. It is ALL about the 4th quarter of the SB and the Giants D still being affraid of the big run play and that makeing Brady's job of finding an open reciever just a little easier because the opposing D will not cheat. BJGE is not going to do this, he is not a match to stand in Brady's shadow. Rusty may think the RB's name is not the issue, I think it's the biggest one. Not because he can't get the yards, but because no one is affraid when they read his name on the roster and ignore him when they game plan for us during the week leading up to the game.
    Posted by Asher77

Swaying me in an argument is easy. You just have to be right and have some facts to get that done. And you're right.

If we had a Dillon type RB it would change the whole dynamic of the O. At this point opposing Ds scoff at BJGE. He is no threat to them.

Problem is, where are you going to get a Dillon from? When you have the worst ranked Pats' D in history you don't have the luxury of spending great resources on a RB. If more of these high draft picks on D going back many years had worked out we would have some resources for that.

We run a normal amount as the facts show. If we had a real threat at RB I could see us running somewhat more; no problem there.

BB is the best coach around. If running more with what we have would be better, he would INSIST on that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

hope he has something left in the tank.......
    Posted by Iceman4

Pedestrians don't, they prefer he take public transportation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Pedestrians don't, they prefer he take public transportation.
    Posted by tcal2-

One of the funniest one liners I've read on this site . . . 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Could spell the end for Chad and Deion, at the very least Bill is bringing in athletic talent to push all of the pass catchers....Let's not forget Tom and Donte had a few issues getting on the same page in 07, but there's no doubt the guy has wheels.  If he can still run like he did a few years back (not sure if this is the case) him and Lloyd will make for a quality down field tandem.  Small money, limited risk, I like it.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh

Other then that spectacular TD reception against Dallas, Brady pretty much ignored him.  I see Ocho part deux.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Pedestrians don't, they prefer he take public transportation.
    Posted by tcal2-

Lol !! So wrong but yet so funny!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Other then that spectacular TD reception against Dallas, Brady pretty much ignored him.  I see Ocho part deux.
    Posted by tcal2-

He caught 3 passes a game in '07 compared with Ocho's 1 this year and 3 TD's to Ocho's 1... looks like triple the production to me

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth : Swaying me in an argument is easy. You just have to be right and have some facts to get that done. And you're right. If we had a Dillon type RB it would change the whole dynamic of the O. At this point opposing Ds scoff at BJGE. He is no threat to them. Problem is, where are you going to get a Dillon from? When you have the worst ranked Pats' D in history you don't have the luxury of spending great resources on a RB. If more of these high draft picks on D going back many years had worked out we would have some resources for that. We run a normal amount as the facts show. If we had a real threat at RB I could see us running somewhat more; no problem there. BB is the best coach around. If running more with what we have would be better, he would INSIST on that.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Looks like we have the basis for an agreement.

The D was ugly and needs upgrade.

The O was good but could still be upgraded via a more explosive RB.

We can argue about the draft picks being more busts than not busts based on NFL averages, how we go about making the D better while also upgrading the offense, if both can be upgraded at the same time, if the both need to be upgraded or if the offense is fine as stands.

I agree that BB would have run more if he thought it best based on previous years personnel. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Robert Gallery might be the bigger signing, former pro bowler...

Sections
Shortcuts