Patriots sign DT Andre Neblett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Patriots sign DT Andre Neblett

In response to wozzy's comment:

There seems to be a pattern here with the guys they've brought in of late; short, strong, mobile.  

That's the Warren Sapp build .... a 43 undertackle. 

With Vince gone .... it's the logical choice. 

Finding a quality 340+ guy will be impossible in the middle of a season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I didn't even view most of the posts on this thread simply because, quite frankly, I didn't have the patience to deal with the incessant childish bickering that seems to predominate any personnel action on this board of late.  If I've missed something cogent and incisive then that's my loss and apologies to the author.

Truthfully, there's not a whole lot of options on the FA market period when it comes to DT.  I look forward to seeing what this kid can do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I didn't even view most of the posts on this thread simply because, quite frankly, I didn't have the patience to deal with the incessant childish bickering that seems to predominate any personnel action on this board of late.  If I've missed something cogent and incisive then that's my loss and apologies to the author.

Truthfully, there's not a whole lot of options on the FA market period when it comes to DT.  I look forward to seeing what this kid can do.

Here's the point ATJ....the pats have 2 DT's on the practice squad. One of them, Fortson, has been on the PS or the team for 3 years now. Yet they are bringing guys in off the street to play, by passing the PS players. Why arent the guys on the street on the PS?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

This is the kind of signing Belichick excels at (no sarcasm, totally serious). Hopefully he will have an impact or at least fill in serviceably. 

" That's the Warren Sapp build .... a 43 undertackle. 

With Vince gone .... it's the logical choice. 

Finding a quality 340+ guy will be impossible in the middle of a season. "

yup!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here's the point ATJ....the pats have 2 DT's on the practice squad. One of them, Fortson, has been on the PS or the team for 3 years now. Yet they are bringing guys in off the street to play, by passing the PS players. Why arent the guys on the street on the PS?

[/QUOTE]

Point taken, rkarp, and I haven't the foggiest idea.  For me, the more important questions are:  How much will this kid bring to the table and what will the D-line look like going forward?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Neblett waived. Did not last a week. Great FA signing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Neblett waived. Did not last a week. Great FA signing.

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Forston has been with the team 2 years, not 3.  He was active for 1 game last year.   And now he is active again (after waiving Neblett).

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4750907/patriots-promote-dt-forston-waive-neblett

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Wonder if the pats give these guys gift baskets or something when they fly in for a week then get cut before weekend of game....?   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wonder if the pats give these guys gift baskets or something when they fly in for a week then get cut before weekend of game....?   

[/QUOTE]

20% off coupon at Patriots Place

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You mean like Derek Jeter does with his nightly conquests? Lol

well at least we know he wasn't better than our ps players

quite frankly I have given up on understanding the ps Rubik's cube

I was watching nflnet and they were talking about how teams were using more lbs for dbs

i think we may see as many as 5 lbs on the field at one time , Heck even Nink can play lb, to cover for the run

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not just any gift baskets... a Derek  Jeter gift basket.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We think the same lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We think the same lol

[/QUOTE]

LMAO everytime I hear gift baskets all I think about is the story about the chick who got the same gift basket twice.

Jeter gives autograph swag to one-night stands | New York Post

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think they probably brought the kid in to evaluate him as compared to Forston and apparently Forston was the better option.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

I think they probably brought the kid in to evaluate him as compared to Forston and apparently Forston was the better option.

[/QUOTE]

They also could bring him back if they felt he had some potential, but just didn't have the time to learn enough to be ready to play this week.  He could easily be back on the practice squad next week. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesing note on Neblett:  He was DT starter in Denver on NFL's worst defense at Temple with Terrence Knighton.

"He has an incredible work ethic and he's really been a leader. Over the course of these four years, he has epitomized what we want players to grow and develop into. He went from being somebody who needed a lot of support and direction to self-reliant and empowered. I can't say enough about him."

- Temple head coach Al Golden speaking of Andre Neblett

[/QUOTE]

"And he sucks."

- Boston.com's NAS speaking of Andre Neblett

Sections
Shortcuts